Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Sligo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi guys. Has anybody got a contact number for the Spirit gym and/or do you know if the small swimming pool is still there in the new gym. It was when the older gym was there. I hope so. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭sobriquet

Are you around in the mornings?
    The thought crossed my mind too, but I'm afraid not, except for the weekends. And then, well, I wouldn't depend on it... I'd probably go in after work - 5ish.
    You must be doing it wrong if you are in pain, I always feel great after the gym!
    +1. I'm up to running 20+ miles a week now and haven't felt as good in a long time.
    DenMan wrote: »
    Has anybody got a contact number for the Spirit gym

071 914 8086. Got off the sign out the front. No idea about the pool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You must be doing it wrong if you are in pain, I always feel great after the gym!

I've never been to a gym in my life.

sobriquet wrote: »
    The thought crossed my mind too, but I'm afraid not, except for the weekends. And then, well, I wouldn't depend on it... I'd probably go in after work - 5ish.

+1. I'm up to running 20+ miles a week now and haven't felt as good in a long time.

071 914 8086. Got off the sign out the front. No idea about the pool though.

Cheers. Thanks for that. A1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

@ Denman; I heard the lady in charge tell a girl who was in before me that they don't have a pool any more. (but if you've already called them you probably knew that already).
    I've never been to a gym in my life.

Well there's a first time for everything as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Very helpful girl on the phone just there, she's sending me an email with all d'info.

For now, I'll post the opening times she's given me:

M-F 7am - 10pm
    Sat 9am - 6pm
    Sun CLOSED

I'll come back to ye with class times, they're €8 for non members but to be perfectly honest if I see enough classes I like I might join.

@ Denman; I heard the lady in charge tell a girl who was in before me that they don't have a pool any more. (but if you've already called them you probably knew that already).

Well there's a first time for everything as they say.

Cheers for that Brian. Yep I know, unfortunately got the bad news over the phone. Thanks anyway bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Classes:

Day/Time|1-2 pm|6-6.45 pm|7-7.45 pm
    Monday|Circuit Training|Circuit Training|Step Aerobics
    Tuesday|Aerobics| |Circuit Training
    Wednesday|Circuit Training|Body Shape|Aerobics
    Thursday| |Stability Ball|Spirit Pump

Prices:

Single|12 months|6 months
    Platinum Package (25 classes included)|€500|€265
    Gold Package (no classes)|€395|€215
    Silver Package (off peak) (no classes)|€195|——

Couple|12 months|6 months
    Platinum Package (35 classes included)|€900|€460
    Gold Package (no classes)|€750|€385
    Silver Package (off peak) (no classes)|€390|——

Direct Debit (all 12 months)|
    Platinum Package (single)|€49 p/m
    Platinum Package (couple)|€88 p/m
    Gold Package (single)|€39 p/m
    Gold Package (couple)|€70 p/m
    Silver Package (single off peak)|€20 p/m
    Silver Package (couple off peak)|€36 p/m

Daily Rates|
    Single |€10
    Student (student I.D required)|€7
    Senior citizen|€7

Classes|
    Members |€5
    Non-members|€8

Wow Xiney, you are a busy little bird. Thanks for all that. You put in a lot of effort. Nice one. Your appreciated. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

so does this riverside place have bench presses, squat racks, pull up bars etc.? It's hard to believe a town like Sligo doesn't have at least one well equipped gym

• Advertisement

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    bench presses, squat racks, pull up bars etc.?

Cripes.. sounds more like an S&M dungeon than a gym!

Cripes.. sounds more like an S&M dungeon than a gym!

never been in a gym then no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

so does this riverside place have bench presses, squat racks, pull up bars etc.? It's hard to believe a town like Sligo doesn't have at least one well equipped gym

Well if you read the first page...
    spirit is open!
    Good size weights room, lots and lots of plates (over 300kg), dumbells up to 50 I think (might only be forty though), cable machine, smith, they have a power rack on order (there are a few things that haven't arrived yet) and I think one of the benches converts to a squat rack ...

never been in a gym then no?

I've never been to an S&M dungeon either. Just an over-active imagination. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I've never been to an S&M dungeon either. Just an over-active imagination. :)

At least something is active then (be it over active):D

Well if you read the first page...

well it says they've ordered that stuff but gym people talk a lot of sh*te in general and seem really reluctant to buy new stuff. Can anyone confirm if there's a power rack there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Clarion Hotel lets you pay... its €8!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

There's a gym of some sort in the Mercy.
    Anybody know anything about it / ever used it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Yeats country hotel in rosses point are offering a 5 year membership for 999 euro. It gets even cheaper for families and partners. Its limited to the first 100 though, got a letter in the post about it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

But the hotel is closed at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

bobcar61 wrote: »
    But the hotel is closed at the moment

It opened yesterday, and the leisure centre was always open as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I only read the Sligo Post today in work and saw the ad for the hotel and noticed it opened yesterday.
    Must go and check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Connacht wrote: »
    There's a gym of some sort in the Mercy.
    Anybody know anything about it / ever used it ?

Yup. It's grand - small but generally quiet (except for in the late evening). It's 4euro a go for students (not of the school, just students in general), 6 I *think* for adults? You don't need to be a member to use it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

zonEEE wrote: »
    Yeats country hotel in rosses point are offering a 5 year membership for 999 euro. It gets even cheaper for families and partners. Its limited to the first 100 though, got a letter in the post about it yesterday.

I'd be extremely wary of paying a five year membership to a hotel gym at the moment with the rate at which hotels are closing down around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭The.Q

zonEEE wrote: »
    It opened yesterday, and the leisure centre was always open as far as I know.
    I was in Rosses Point on Sunday 31 Jan for a walk with the children and dog, and needed to use the bathroom facilities (the children did, not me obviously :p) and the hotel was definitely closed.

Went round the back to the leisure centre and, athough I didn't try the door, it certainly also looked closed. The car-park was empty of cars, and was in fact in a bit of a state, debris and rubbish lying around. I saw one guy walking around the pool deck, but it didn't seen as if there was water in the pool. I didn't go any further, though, than the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kivaelm

Hi -
    I'm thirteen and I'm in the Ursuline College and really want to be more healthy because I feel as if I'm not getting enough exercise! I've called a load of gyms in Sligo but all of them say you have to be over sixteen! I know this is health and safety but I feel as if its slightly unfair!
    Does anyone know of any gyms in Sligo that accept 13-year-olds?
    Thanks.
    P.S. I used to live in Leitrim, and in Carrick on Shannon the Aura gym let in over-twelve-year-olds! When I was in there I had lots of fun and other people at my age were there and they looked healthy and fit. I'm extremely upset about the Sligo gyms and hope to find one where I can get some easy exercise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

kivaelm wrote: »
    Hi -
    I'm thirteen and I'm in the Ursuline College and really want to be more healthy because I feel as if I'm not getting enough exercise! I've called a load of gyms in Sligo but all of them say you have to be over sixteen! I know this is health and safety but I feel as if its slightly unfair!
    Does anyone know of any gyms in Sligo that accept 13-year-olds?
    Thanks.
    P.S. I used to live in Leitrim, and in Carrick on Shannon the Aura gym let in over-twelve-year-olds! When I was in there I had lots of fun and other people at my age were there and they looked healthy and fit. I'm extremely upset about the Sligo gyms and hope to find one where I can get some easy exercise!

I'm locking this thread because it's so old.
    The outdoor gym in Doorly Park is open to everyone...I know the weather can be against you but it's a really good idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement