Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Zakrze wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question but I really need to keep existing number so there is no way around this ? What are options to buy phone which I can slip my sim into ? Or can anyone recommend a site to buy a new phone without having to sign up for new contract. Silver upgrade due.

The offer is only for people siging up to o2 as a new connection or port mate sorry:o You can upgrade using your silver upgrade to change your phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Thanks for posting this, we called in today and got our phones - very handy and right on time offer!

herya wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, we called in today and got our phones - very handy and right on time offer!

Good stuff mate, wasnt hear myself but glad you got sorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

picked up my phone and satnav at the weekend. No money changed hands which is my kind of deal!

Thanks to Cian and the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

Cian, my bro' is working shift nights and might be interested - would it be a problem if he called over to you on Thursday?

• Advertisement

No problem at all mate!

Offer extended to end of Aug due to such a high demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭guessaname

I'm an exisitng O2 customer with 5 euro monthly rental price plan (free 5 euro call credit every month). I'm on this plan since few years and already completed the contract. Can I avail this offer(free phone + sat nav) by switching to O2 Clear 50 or O2 Clear Unlimited calls to O2 & landlines price plans an also I want the same number?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Cian,
    I just broke my Sat Nav yesterday and looking for a new one so remembered this thread. Paying €20 a month might be a good deal. Can I sign up for a new number or get a friend to port without a problem?

I put a post in the GPS forum about a new GPS and just wondering would you be able to tell me which of the following features this one has please?

(This is a direct paste so obviously the pay extra/not pay extra doesn't apply here, unless you can pay extra to yourselves to get one that meets all requirements? :))
    It must have:
    • Ire/UK/European Maps
    • "Plan A Route" function
    • Updateable maps
    • Supplied with up to date map

I'm willing to pay extra if it has:
    • Speed camera notifications
    • Alternative route suggestion
    • "Point to avoid" function (just made up that name, but say for example it's taking you on a route and the road it's taking you on is closed, if you could point to avoid that road so it will give an alternative)
    • User editable maps (so users can edit thing such as road speeds, closed roads, new roads if possible?)

I'm not willing to pay extra for:
    • MP3 Player, have a separate one so no need
    • Bluetooth, my head unit has this so no need
    • Extra voices
    • Games
    • Any gimicky crap

Would appreciate any feedback :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

buzz wrote: »

Any offers like this in Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

buzz wrote: »

Hi

Do you have any offer with the Iphones? (if in stock)

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I don't think it applies to the iphones because they aren't on the Clear plans. Hope he doesn't mind me replying.

@ Davton - Correct;)

@ Cormie - Give me a buzz mate.

@ guessaname - Sorry mate, the offer is only to people who sign up a new number, or port to O2. It does not apply to existing O2 Customers.

Hi Cian,
    Don't want to be wasting your time ringing you in work as I'm really just researching Sat Navs at the moment. You said you're an agent for Garmin. Do you stock the 760 and if so, what cost and how does it compare to the one in this offer and can you pay a bit extra to have IT instead of the one in this offer at all? I know the maps supplied with the Nuvi 760 are supposed to be excellent and much more detailed than a lot of competitors and the navigation is supposed to be great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Cian, is there any other outlet nearer to Cork doing a similar deal as yourselves?

kcb wrote: »
    Cian, is there any other outlet nearer to Cork doing a similar deal as yourselves?

pm sent!

Any news on the new sat nav Cian?

cormie wrote: »

Sat nav unit that we have been giving with the offer is out of stock.

Good news is, it is being updated to a better unit with europe.

I havent been given the exact details of it yet, as they are only coming in tomorrow evening for release on thursday. It is again an RAC unit.

Cool stuff. My mam needs a new phone and I wouldn't mind a back up Sat Nav incase my current one gets damaged/lost/stolen. Sure let us know what one it is when you can :)

Cool stuff. My mam needs a new phone and I wouldn't mind a back up Sat Nav incase my current one gets damaged/lost/stolen. Sure let us know what one it is when you can :)

Will do mate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Hi, could I drop in for the remaining satnav on Thu or Fri then? Thanks!

herya wrote: »
    Hi, could I drop in for the remaining satnav on Thu or Fri then? Thanks!

Sorry the Satnav's are still out of stock.:o

They are due back in on tues or wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

which sat nav and phone is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Cian said they'll be getting a new sat nav, with European maps too as opposed to just UK and Ire. So stay tuned till he gets them in stock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

any idea what is the RAC model of the soon-to-arrive satnav?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Buzz; I'm afraid I won't be able to make it up to Dublin anytime soon to sign the O2 contract in front of, I don't suppose you know of any other retailers doing a similar offer to yours for us folks in the west do ya??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

boardsie08 wrote: »
    Buzz; I'm afraid I won't be able to make it up to Dublin anytime soon to sign the O2 contract in front of, I don't suppose you know of any other retailers doing a similar offer to yours for us folks in the west do ya??
    Would it not be possible to do this via FAX? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Not according to Buzz I'm afraid :(

• Advertisement

I got a few sat nav's in today, not many. These are for the people who didnt get one on the connection, the newer one with europe is arriving end of this week hopefully. Its the RAC-300.

Advertisement