Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you broken?

Options
  • 06-06-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

Bops mentioned in another thread that he had just smashed a keyboard after a 40 STT downswing.

Was just wondering if something like this is common among other players. i.e. breaking and smashing things through frustration/tilt.

What do you break and how often o you lose your temper. Have you done a lot worse than break a keyboard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

NickyOD wrote: »
    Bops mentioned in another thread that he had just smashed a keyboard after a 40 STT downswing.

Was just wondering if something like this is common among other players. i.e. breaking and smashing things through frustration/tilt.

What do you break and how often o you lose your temper. Have you done a lot worse than break a keyboard?

Ive put my foot straight thru my laptop:eek:, also destroyed a keyboard and a printer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I broke a laptop over my knee in frustration once.

Im pretty calm these days and just bang my fist on the desk from time to time but no more breaking stuff, its too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I havent yet but I will if this keeps up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

RIP tigger, he was such a beautiful cat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

when i went out in the last 13 of a f/o the other nite....2 outer....i broke my mobile phone off the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,659 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Killme00 wrote: »
    I broke a laptop over my knee in frustration once.

Im pretty calm these days and just bang my fist on the desk from time to time but no more breaking stuff, its too expensive.
    Is this what you did?

broken_laptop.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

eagle eye wrote: »
    Is this what you did?

broken_laptop.jpg

No..mine was a dell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

DBC2007 wrote: »
    when i went out in the last 13 of a f/o the other nite....2 outer....i broke my mobile phone off the wall.

when i read your 10k challenge thread ... i broke my laptop off the wall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,101 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

lol Tilters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Pool Cue, Mobile Phone, Mouse ah the good times no more tilt problems thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

just a keyboard but i am amazed how my mouse has survived.
    Also nearly broke my toe yesterday kicking the wall.
    ( note to self -- wall hard - toe soft )

friend of mine threw his computer and monitor into a skip which was outside his house after a -3k drunken session and when the monitor didnt break after 3 attempts at throwing it in, he went to the shed for the sledge hammer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

After the violent death of my first 2 laptops, I knew I had to change

Anger_Certificate.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Off topic - I duffed a shot in golf on the 18th into the bunker and whacked by golf bag with my club about three times. Went to get my mobile phone from the bag later and found it in about 16 pieces. €150 down the drain. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

I broke my heart playing online....
    that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Supposedly I have broken my mothers heart, she doesn't know where I got the "gamblers gene" from!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

2 mice (of the inorganic non-furry kind), and my cruddy PC desk.

A number of 2-3 outers in the space of the last few days lead me to swinging my mouse theatrically in the air before smashing it down on the keyboard. Deserved it.

Thats it...I've taken my last beat on line

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IV2p9414o3k

Why germans shouldn't play online poker, clearly this video describes the variance in sng's lmao at it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Oj4JkwuIp4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

that first video reminded me of office space.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

shoutman wrote: »
    Supposedly I have broken my mothers heart, she doesn't know where I got the "gamblers gene" from!

Lolz, that one is so true for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭mormank

i've never actualy broken anything but now that i know its the done thing and so socially acceptable i will start!!! currently in the middle of my longest and most gut wrenching dowswing of my life, no question!! which reminds me..

what is the current rate of exchange between sklansky dollars and euros? i have earned about 10k sklanksy dollars in the past month, now i wanna get euro for waterford next week?? who wants to exchange??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭mormank

The Al Lad wrote: »
    Why germans shouldn't play online poker, clearly this video describes the variance in sng's lmao at it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Oj4JkwuIp4

also, why are you advertising redhotpawn al?? its a bad site. playin chess like this is a balls. you gotta play live against an opponent whether it be live or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

lol at people breaking things because they lose at poker.

EDIT/ Al lad what's your RHP username? I've been playing there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

broke a mouse, by biting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Pretty sure I re-fractured a bone in my right hand. It healed but I have some funny lookin knuckles now. Have since moved PC desk away from the walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

I broke a dogs jaw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

2 Laptops a mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭MarkT1234

Kicked the underneath of my desk so hard the 17" monitor went sideways onto the top of the PC (on the floor beside desk...not underneath it...doh!) and banjo'd the DVD/CD-ROM drive + my big toe hurt for a while :(.

Reason: ~115 left in Stars Sunday Million. I've just doubled up to about 20 bb's. KQs in the hijack. 2.5x raise...sb barely covers and shoves (about 4/5th time he's done this in an hour). I tank but call. Sb has Q2o. Flop: K34r - Turn:5 River....6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

broke a cheapie mouse once then bought a microsoft one and it seemed indestructable.... throw it bounce off the wall onto the floor.. eventually pick it up and put it back together and put back in batteries and away it goes again....

Since replaced it with a G5 and it's way too expensive to be throwing around...

As I type I can still see dent in the wall from last time.... been a good while now since an outburst... actually not since my everest days...... I rarely tilt anymore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

One night after I'd taken a bad swing during the day on ipoker, I broke my girlfriend's jaw in a niteclub.

Advertisement