Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richer Sounds

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Got a lesson or 2 in TV jargon yesterday:D but is Dolby Digital Sound Better than Surround Sound??:confused:

Bit of a dillema Plasma cheaper with surround sound, LCD more expensive with Dolby Digital - I thought Plasma were unaffordable?? (for the likes of me anyway!!):p

Thanks for advising..........

This is the link to the plasma one im thinking of getting as I can afford this one, but would love the second one as its a better quality

I know, I know...........pay more you get better........but I'm a single mum to 2 kids, not easy financially...........The second one would take me a year to pay back on top of all other bills..............

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfp5332_10/42pfp5332_10_pss_eng.pdf

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl5603d_10/42pfl5603d_10_pss_eng.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Hiya

The second option, i.e. full 1080p HD is €1,208.95 online at Powercity.ie with the non HD model retailing at €743.95 (this is €700 on Richersounds.ie website). Big difference there so it depends on whether you have better uses for the additional €500 that it would cost you to get the full hd model.

You can also get a 47 in lcd through Richersounds for €1,049.99 which while its not full hd is a big tv for the money.

You could also check komplett.ie who have several options (Sony & Samsung) for between €950 - €1,100 for 40in full hd lcd tvs.

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Personally I would not pay an additional 500 for full HD - 720p is fine!
    Although shop around for any bargains on full-hd
    47 might be too big depending on the size of your living room, but you would need a big living room for that tv to look right
    Just my opinion!
    Hiya

The second option, i.e. full 1080p HD is €1,208.95 online at Powercity.ie with the non HD model retailing at €743.95 (this is €700 on Richersounds.ie website). Big difference there so it depends on whether you have better uses for the additional €500 that it would cost you to get the full hd model.

You can also get a 47 in lcd through Richersounds for €1,049.99 which while its not full hd is a big tv for the money.

You could also check komplett.ie who have several options (Sony & Samsung) for between €950 - €1,100 for 40in full hd lcd tvs.

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

My sitting room (as the wife calls it - to me its my cinema room :D) is 26ft x 16ft and I've just ordered a 46in Samsung 1080p LCD. Now I'm wondering if its big enough. I guess it always comes down to size....;):p:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Prosperous Dave,

26ftx16ft ? Lucky boy............. Full HD projector and 8ft screen FTW ! It'll also resolve your room-naming dilemma.

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Just wanted to say what a great experience we had with this store.

We traveled from Dublin to collect a Sony Bravia, but following a mix up it later turned out that that tv was on hold for a different customer.

Jayson (manager), couldn't have been more apologetic, bought us both lunch and gave us a great discount on a 42" LG 1080p HD TV.

Once again would highly recommend this store to anyone.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Rugby fan - Thanks a milion for your kind words and apologies for the screw up with the Sony - however please be happy in the kowledge that the deal Jay cut you on the LG completely cleaned out any potential profit we made for the whole day!!!!! :rolleyes:

Glad you had a good time and as ever drop me a line if I can be of any assistance,

Thanks again,

John McDonald

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Just wanted to say what a great experience we had with this store.

Due to a mix up we traveled from Dublin to collect a Sony Bravia, which later turned out to be on hold for a different customer.

Jayson (manager), couldn't have been more apologetic, bought us both lunch and gave us a great discount on a 42" LG 1080p HD TV.

Once again would highly recommend this store to anyone.

:eek:Now that is some customer service!! Richer sounds would clean up in this area!!:D

Boardies,

Just a quick note - if any of you guys are travelling to Belfast this weekend to see Ireland's finest Hi-fi/TV store (Ok I am gilding the lily just a touch - the place is a shambles completely full of kit!) ....

PLEASE DON'T!!!!! PLEASE DON'T!!!!!PLEASE DON'T!!!!!

As we are closing from tonight (Thursday) reopening next Wednesday for a full shopfit.

Now for any of you guys who have ever visited a Richer Sounds Store before you will be shocked at the thought of a Richer Sounds having a shopfit as we are famous for always spending less than a tenner on our stores* - but Belfast is now 13 years old and very tired and needs a clean-up. (but don't expect carpets and soft lighting!!)

We will be on the phones and on-line over the whole weekend if anyone needs advice or has a pressing desire to spend money and as usual our mail order/online dept/ will be despatching kit every day...

As ever drop me a line if I can assist and normality (Richer MAD normality) should resume next WEDNESDAY!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc
    * a tenner in either Euro or Sterling - whatever's worth less at the time....

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

John, I hope you guys are doing a refit of your Website at the same time. Its looking a little dated.

If you guys payed a tenner for it you were ripped off ;)

Fishfoodie, w epaid for the website so long ago that we cannot have even paid a tenner for it -

I agree its awful - we have a new really sexy one ready to go since about last August but its just a matter of getting it stuffed and finding the time is a disaster at the moment - this September is now our revised launch date and apologies in the meantime for the shocking state of our current site - no defence!

You can always use the .com one and we will always sort Boardies out with those deals - but we are working on a dedicated .ie site and as abobe we hope to get it up in the next 2 months (ish..):o

Thanks as ever and if I can help in any way just drop me a line,

Thanks,

John McDonald

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

The Philips 32" LCD's are back up on the site for £299 (389 euros) - thats an outstanding deal for a brand name 32" LCD. I had mine hooked up to the laptop yesterday via hdmi and it was stunning as a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Hi i'm thinking about buying a speaker package and amp from richersounds.ie. Is there any promotional codes I should know about? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Hi i'm thinking about buying a speaker package and amp from richersounds.ie. Is there any promotional codes I should know about? :o
    Ask in the new forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tall Paul

Tony wrote: »
    If it was allowed I'd like to post some coupons for boards users for discounts on my site, I wonder what the mods would think of this?
    Hi Tony,
    I saw your post offering boards.ie coupons. I used the link provided last night to look at your website.
    And I was talking to you on the phone. I was just wondering has the coupon now run out of date or will you honour the link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement