Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish HL

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

muggyog wrote: »
    nil aon ni is so not comin up on d pass poems!!

4 honour wud t b safe 2 jst learn dan do mhelissa da mbfheidir aris and oiche nollaig??

any tips for an triail haven looked at t yet or stair!?!

I reckon those three would cover you, but I'd say an Mháthair would be better instead of Oiche or Dá mb'fhéidir aris most complicated poem title ever dár gCumann. Mhathair and Melissa are tipped I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 PuddinBum

Anyone have an idea bout the essay??? Any chance of a social problem one coming up or about Irelands future???

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

The Walsho wrote: »
    I think that quote is quite good evidence that there is something terribly wrong with the Irish paper.
    I know that in my school, the people who do the best probably won't be those with good ability to speak Irish and use the language, it'll be those that can learn things off word for word even without understanding any of it.
    It really is a joke..

+1 - I totally agree. Fits the profile of a number of particular people in my class!

My advice to those thinking of dropping to ordinary level - if primary teaching has EVER crossed you mind, keep with it :eek:. It's crossed mine a few times yet I don't intend to go for it, just yet. I'm keeping with the honours, hard as it may be, but a C3 should be manageable. Funnily enough, when I was doing my orals there was a woman sittin outside the door with me, in her early 30's, turns out she was my business teachers sister..had dropped the honours irish in sixth year, and 12 years or so later, she's decided that she wants a change of career and that primary teaching would be the place to start..hence she had to repeat the whole exam, including the paper tomorrow!:)

best of luck to everyone - it's going to be a c*nt of a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

can anyone please let me know what they are studying for peig?!
    also what is the likelyhood of an bhean og appearing? alot of people seem to be banking on it:confused:
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

2022rae wrote: »
    can anyone please let me know what they are studying for peig?!
    also what is the likelyhood of an bhean og appearing? alot of people seem to be banking on it:confused:
    :)

Woo someone else who's doing Peig! I think I'm just gonna concentrate on the hardship in her life...maybe the relationships she had with people and different periods in her life.What about you? I hope An Bean Og comes up, it's easy enough! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

JC06 wrote: »
    Woo someone else who's doing Peig! I think I'm just gonna concentrate on the hardship in her life...maybe the relationships she had with people and different periods in her life.What about you? I hope An Bean Og comes up, it's easy enough! :)

i'm doing something on her youth, her religion and the social setting(hardships)..hopefully that'll have me covered! hardly anyone is doing peig its quite annoying! but i guess it's a fairly easy story
    ya an bhean og is a nice one, pity cearrbhach is a huge doubt for us that's the easiest of em all i think! :D

Advertisement