Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology HELP!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Oh and to whoever asked I think it was Peslo, glue-ear is a disorder of the ear whereby the sufferer experiences a certain degree of deafness due to a build-up of mucous throughout the Eustachian tube. It's corrected with decongestants or grommets.

And someone else asked if they could cover the senses by themselves...definitely, it's short, sweet and hotly-tipped for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

Riotguy wrote: »
    Oh and to whoever asked I think it was Peslo, glue-ear is a disorder of the ear whereby the sufferer experiences a certain degree of deafness due to a build-up of mucous throughout the Eustachian tube. It's corrected with decongestants or grommets.

And someone else asked if they could cover the senses by themselves...definitely, it's short, sweet and hotly-tipped for this year.

Well some one knows their stuff :p
    Cool defo have a glance over senses so.. hope it comes up now
    Some said about osmosis? Its a higher level exp and if we have to learn it they have to ask it.. it is a dead easy exp maybe thats why it hasn been asked yet but its still due to come up!! heard on the radion today that they can still ask you exp in the long questions so there well worth lookin over..
    Having a Bio cramming session tomorrow

Can anyone give me few chapters I could afford to avoid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Yeah, it would be a very good idea to cover Osmosis, so short and will hopefully feature a good bit in the exam.

If you really have to I suppose you could probably leave Respiration since it featured last year and maybe Human Breathing since that featured heavily too...?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

Yeah, it would be a very good idea to cover Osmosis, so short and will hopefully feature a good bit in the exam.

If you really have to I suppose you could probably leave Respiration since it featured last year and maybe Human Breathing since that featured heavily too...?

im just thinking the osmosis defination would be the most on it?!

AHHHHHH
    to ALL THE EXPERIMENTS
    i have to learn from scratch :eek:

Doesnt respiration always come up?
    I heard gauranteed to come up is
    Respiration
    Photosynthesis
    Ecology
    Genetics

OKay let me re phrase is there anything i can leave out that i havent studied?:p
    Respiration is ok i kanda like that its all the other crap!!!
    Is there any tips on nervous system? Endocrine system anything like that??

• Advertisement

laura* wrote: »
    im just thinking the osmosis defination would be the most on it?!

AHHHHHH
    to ALL THE EXPERIMENTS
    i have to learn from scratch :eek:

There not that bad to cram though you'll be fine!!!
    Just try remember the day in class you did them?
    Even if you can just make sure you learn what the control of each exp is and why you used the apparatus
    e'g you used washing up liquid in enzyme exp to make it froth
    You did the photosynthesis exp with elodea (pond plant) in water.. why?
    So you could see the oxygen bubbles form.. its all sense just read Q carefully!!!
    I have a gut feeling this paper wont be as hard as everyone thinks.. i can hope right??:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

I learned the expirments in 2 days for a exam about 2 months ago, its possible but it will take a while. I found writing them out very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xox Sarah xox

What are the main experiments I should cover?
    Im aiming for a high C being nice so what would be the most likely chapters i could cover to get away with that, any ideas?
    I only half know respiration and im too afraid to leave it out ....
    and Im pretty good on most of unit 1 + 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 coolcailin

ive actually failed this and havnt even sat the thing!not a hope in passing in!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

My teacher knows the comitee that prepares the paper, or at least suggest what comes up on the paper, she said that respiration was answered so badly that they suggested it to come up again this year, just lettin yas all know what I was told, I have Photosyntrhesis down and respiration down, the chances are that they will both come up in all fairness so if you study both and you get 2 long q's in it then thats two out of 4 questions you have full marks in ! ! ! ! ! Can't go wrong ! ! !

Get studien Respiration, you will thank me after ! ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

I hate this whole my teacher knows someone who knows someone. The people who set the papers surely cant tell others whats coming up, it defeats the whole purpose

Personally, I think photosynthesis WILL be a long q and Respiration will be one of the experiment questions

But no doubt if respiration and photosynthesis both come up in long questions I'll be raging :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

coolcailin wrote: »
    ive actually failed this and havnt even sat the thing!not a hope in passing in!:eek:

Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 andy-xox

here we go:

i) draw a labelled diagram of the nephron
    ii) superimpose the blood system
    iii) state the precise location where glucose is reabsorbed

Name 3 cell organelles which have a double membrane and give a function for each (short)

distinguish between transcription, translation and replication

other:
    graph on germination, sensory neuron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

yeh, photosynthesis n respiration definitely! know them WELL, our teacher has them drilled into us.
    then do food esp the food tests and ecology.
    genetics - i find that quite hard but its sooo worth it cos once you learn it it's a guaranteed question!
    then i'm doing all the cytology stuff, cell transport and division etc!
    im completely leaving out plants cos like..i just cant.
    human reproduction is i think like unofficially guaranteed too!
    if i have time im also gonna do the senses, blood n the heart, breathing, enzymes, nervous n digestive systems.
    but tbh i doubt il do ANY of those last things ;)

Advertisement