Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology HELP!

Options
  • 05-06-2008 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anybody got any tips for biology apart from the main topics such as genetics, photosynthesis,etc.?????

Anything at all would be a major help.

Comments

Germination, Female repro system..

ECOLOGY.

Erm.. all the plant chapters..

Or.

All units 1 and 2, and all the experiments = B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

look over eye and ear v likely to come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

osmosis exp is likely...
    respiration exp

the usual ones..ecology..genetics..dna..blah blah

and senses is likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

Is it possible to leave out Genetics totally and still be OK for the exam yeah??

yea..not many ppl do it x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Is it possible to leave out Genetics totally and still be OK for the exam yeah??

I believe so but why? You're pratically guaranteed a question along with Photosynthesis or Respiration, Ecology and Sexual Reproduction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

I believe so but why? You're pratically guaranteed a question along with Photosynthesis or Respiration, Ecology and Sexual Reproduction!

Got the rest well covered, the teacher left it till last and so we didn't actually finish it, barely got the first chapter done and didn't touch the second chapter! Don't really fancy teaching it to myself like

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

Has anybody got any tips for biology apart from the main topics such as genetics, photosynthesis,etc.?????

Anything at all would be a major help.

well apprantatly a food test exp is deffinatly coming up...but i could be stating the obhivous here:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Yeah, food is meant to be big.
    As well as the IAA experiement.
    Digestion too.

also, make sure you know your nitrogen cycle...its pretty important according to my teacher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

^ Carbon might be more likely this year considering Nitrogen came up in 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

So Screwed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Anyone got any tips for Section B?
    I hear IAA is likely...

respiration experiment...fermentation

osmosis...never been on paper

Riotguy wrote: »
    ^ Carbon might be more likely this year considering Nitrogen came up in 2007.

but it also came up(both of them) on my mock paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

also, make sure you know your nitrogen cycle...its pretty important according to my teacher

really?but that came up in a long question last year. I'd be more inclined to study carbon cycle and pollution..

really?but that came up in a long question last year. I'd be more inclined to study carbon cycle and pollution..

like i said above id cover both just in case because both were in my mock!!!! and there not that hard to learn for a long question either?

i have a feeling the eyeball or ear will come up?? i mean they rarly do so they could surprize us!!! wat do you all think??

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

Do you think it would be worth studying the senses? i missed all that in class and reali dnt have time to teach it to myself... it hasnt come up at all has it??
    but lik last year they could have said oh senses defo.. yet still it hasn cum up!! wat to do wat to do!!!

Definitely, I'd recommend everyone to study the senses.

Not only have they never appeared but they are SO easy to learn. Basically, you just need to know how to draw the eye, perhaps the ear too but most importantly be able to label and give functions of different parts of both structures. Oh, and of course be able to list the five senses.

Also, know a disorder e.g. glue-ear which is the handiest, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Peslo

Not only have they never appeared but they are SO easy to learn. Basically, you just need to know how to draw the eye, perhaps the ear too but most importantly be able to label and give functions of different parts of both structures. Oh, and of course be able to list the five senses.

glue ear???

• Advertisement

i missed it in class could i teach myself??

• Registered Users Posts: 31,833 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd be delighted if the Osmosis exp came up, that'd be an easy 30 marks.

mars bar wrote: »
    I'd be delighted if the Osmosis exp came up, that'd be an easy 30 marks.

its been tipped alright

• Registered Users Posts: 31,833 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

its been tipped alright
    Has it? It just seems to easy for a honours paper, and thats coming from me who is terrible and biology and only hopes to pass the honours paper.

SO nervous about it and so much study to do for it over the weekend.

Gonna do all the experiments, the easy chapters and ones that are tiped like senses and the likes and human reproduction.

Im gonna do photosynthesis and a bit of genetics, staying away from respiration hate it.

The night before im gonna go over definitions

Oh and of course ecology! so important

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

This is what my source has told me to study and at this stage IM DESPERATE!

Ecology, Genetics, Photosynthesis(def long q), Heart/Blood, Digestive System(structure of the villus etc)

Exp's - Fermentation, IAA, Osmosis(heard that around)

I'll add more if I find any

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Bambi16 wrote: »
    This is what my source has told me to study and at this stage IM DESPERATE!

Ecology, Genetics, Photosynthesis(def long q), Heart/Blood, Digestive System(structure of the villus etc)

Exp's - Fermentation, IAA, Osmosis(heard that around)

I'll add more if I find any
    Not bad i was studying those anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

Ugh there's just so much to learn off in bio... i cant believe that i was hopin i'd get an a or b bak at the start of the year.. i'll probably only get a high c at best now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

wil they ask to draw the villi?

• Advertisement

wil they ask to draw the villi?
    Quite possible, it's fairly easy with few labels so I'd say it's a likely task if Digestion appears.

Advertisement