Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Daewoo Langus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

actually ...the OP has a Lanos that may or may not have mechanical issues.

Anyone care to post an answer relating to that for a change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I'll have a Lanos in the driveway in the next couple of days and I'll comment on power or not then. It should be no worse than say a 1.4 Focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

JHMEG wrote: »
    FFS, not another one:rolleyes:

Didn't you read the OP's post? She's not thinking about a Lanos or a 3-series. She has a Lanos already, which is safer than a 3-series of the same era:p.

Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

OP, yo need to get the car to a mechanic. Is the power delivery jerky? does it idle smoothly, is it using loads of petrol, is there noticable smoke coming from the exhaust?

I don't believe that all the people slagging the Lanos have actually driven one.

tdc wrote: »
    Idiot

So you feel you've to resort to name-calling. What's that a sign of? Personal abuse is against the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

I've a 2.2 daewoo leganza as one of the cars at my disposal, and i must say it's a grand reliable car for tipping away, bloody huge inside, and nice and comfortable for long journeys.

I've a few other proper yokes in the garage for weekend/track fun, but don't mind all the bashing daewoo is getting here. Cheap and cheerful motoring and drama free.

It's not like they were intended to be tracked or anything - some of ye should get over yerselves and realise that for many, their cars do the job that they are intended for.

You're not going to impress snobish neighbours with it, but if they want to borrow big to afford a "proper car" thats their own business.

tdc gets a red card for insulting other members

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Thanks for all the advice. I have spoken to my brother and he is going to come out and take it for a spin, as he has driven it for the last 4 years. He said it was driving perfectly when i took it from him.

I probably just have to get used to it, as i have only ever driven golfs and seats before.

will let you know what he thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

My friend's brother has one over in the UK.

He has connections at McLaren and got us a tour of the factory in Woking. Driving up to the famous MCT in that yoke was a bit embarrassing though:o...

Reliability-wise it has been brilliant. It has been all over the Continent, on all types of road and hasn't missed a beat. Well over 100,000 miles on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭whippet

my mother has one a 01 saloon, a very uninspiring car to be honest but so far has been very reliable.

However, for a while it was driving awful, drinking fuel and generally just very noticably sluggish. The timing belt had already been done by a dealer and my auld boy decided there was something wrong with it and changed the belt again himself. Since then it has been running like a dream (as far as a lanos would be in a dream!) ... it has now got about 140K miles on the clock and I can see it lasting plenty more.

It was the car I learned to drive in and passed my test in.

• Advertisement

JHMEG wrote: »
    So you feel you've to resort to name-calling. What's that a sign of? Personal abuse is against the rules.

I don't know what is it a sign of? Why do you feel the need to hijack this thread just to stir ****? Who asked about a safety rating? The whole thread is based on mechanical issues so why did you feel the need to talk about safety? All of this "can't handle the truth!" BS is pretty sad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Who asked about a safety rating?

Zube brought up the fact that the Lanos has a 2 1/2 star NCAP rating, I think JMHEG was simply pointing out that for a car in this price bracket, it's nothing unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I don't know what is it a sign of? Why do you feel the need to hijack this thread just to stir ****? Who asked about a safety rating? The whole thread is based on mechanical issues so why did you feel the need to talk about safety? All of this "can't handle the truth!" BS is pretty sad too.

I thought this nut got a red card, no???

Lads, stay on topic please

ninty9er wrote: »
    nut

Please elaborate.

You'd be better off concentrating on your Leaving Cert rather than coming round here trying to pick fights.

thread closed as this is getting silly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement