Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So everyone concentrating on comparative for tomorrow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

My DREAM paper:

Donne, mahon as a backup.

Something on character of iago/othello

Theme and issue

oh yeeeah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

22diamonds wrote: »
    My DREAM paper:

Donne, mahon as a backup.

Something on character of iago/othello

Theme and issue

oh yeeeah!!!

+1

except i'd prefer mahon :]

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

I'd prefer mahon except we did donne in transition year with a class teacher, and then did it again from scratch in 5th year. then i did him in my pre. know him in my sleep! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

What is the main KEY MOMENT in Plough and the stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

^^^^^^^Bump^^^^^^^^^
    Cant find it in my notes
    Is it when Nora goes to the barricades
    Or when fluther rescues Nora

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Paper 2 is a bit risky for me. Othello should be grand but if theme,boland and mahon don't come up I'm royally screwed.

me 2!i was lookin thru papers tho n boland always skips 2 yrs den comes up and she hasn been on it in 2 years:D
    and cultural context been on it last 2 yrs...so lets jst hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭blue_belle

for wuthering heights has to be question on heathcliff, something along the lines of character development maybe?;)

comparative, themes and issues PLEASE!!!:confused:

poetry derek mahon! come on!:p

unseen poem, oooh theyre a bitch and a half.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭blue_belle

are we like the only school doing wuthering heights? no one else seems to be doin it?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I know it's a bit late now, but could someone please tell me how many themes you are allowed use for the 3 texts. Is it only the one and can it be more? I know with Culture and Context my teacher did out an essay for us on five or six different things, but I am not too sure with Theme or Issue. Cheers.

Btw, is anyones doing th efollowing for the CS - Truman Show, Death and Nightingales, Plough and the stars? If so, do you recken the themes of 'Deception and Betrayal', and 'Illusion' would cover them enough? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

SB-08 wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late now, but could someone please tell me how many themes you are allowed use for the 3 texts. Is it only the one and can it be more? I know with Culture and Context my teacher did out an essay for us on five or six different things, but I am not too sure with Theme or Issue. Cheers.

Btw, is anyones doing th efollowing for the CS - Truman Show, Death and Nightingales, Plough and the stars? If so, do you recken the themes of 'Deception and Betrayal', and 'Illusion' would cover them enough? Thanks.

Well the fact that it's theme, and not themes implies that it is just one. All our class preperation has been centred around one theme. You're supposed to mention the theme you're using in your intro too. So I've very confident that it's just one, but not 100&

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

everyone banking on donne,larkin,rich and mahon but are they really gonna put up the same as the mocks???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

The mocks are not printed by the SEC so anything is possible. Plus the L.c. are as far as I know printed before the actual mocks. And, maybe them coming up on the mocks, could be a hint?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

boland was in my mock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

Soby wrote: »
    everyone banking on donne,larkin,rich and mahon but are they really gonna put up the same as the mocks???

But the Examination Commission didn't set the mocks, did they? And there were plenty of different mocks... weren't there? And whoever wrote the mocks probably wrote them on what they thought was most likely... so maybe they'll be right?

ah well..come on larkin and boland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Lol

accutaly just come on larkin..odds are its gonna be larkin mahon donne and rich/boland..unless someone like frost/monty...god only 1 poet properly studied...i am foooked

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Hoping Boland comes up as it's probably my Strongest poet. However Don't mind if it' Mahon or Rich and failing those two Donne and failing all of them, Frost! Should be ok on it though.

Comnparative...bit meh, but looking over stuff today it's not that difficult to answer although the length of it could be iffy...

Othello, I feel i can answer anything on it. Fairly easy to link things together once you have a good understanding and knowledge of the play...

BRING IT ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

What comparitive themes is everyone doing?, i'm doing courage

Caoimhe89 wrote: »
    Poetry... if it's Donne, I'm okay. Anyone else, screwed.

Same as.

I think I might just pray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

My preferences have changed

Poetry:
    • Mahon (1st choice)
    • Donne
    • Rich

Othello: (My worst question :()
    • Iago (1st)

Comparative:
    • Literary Genre
    • Theme of Love/Romance

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

Poetry has gotta be Donne or Boland (im praying anyways!), Im really hopin for Iago in Othello or mayb Jealousy nd for the comparatives im basically screwed bt my best bets wud b theme or issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Come on people... Rich is coming up, just study her to death, im tellin ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xox Sarah xox

ok im studying boland and rich and I know some of donne! everyone seems to be doing boland so if she doesnt come up alot of us are screwed.....:(

Come on people... Rich is coming up, just study her to death, im tellin ya!

I cant remember the last time i was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Quoting yourself for self praise, now thats a new low.

Just messing with ya. I was fairly sure she was coming up as well but still I chose not to study her because I can't stand her poetry and I find it difficult to study poetry that doesn't interest me.

Luckily I had Donne and Larkin well prepared so I was grand.

Did a nice question on Donne.

larkin is the man aswell, he was me backup

Advertisement