Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hot aegs / irish retailers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Tigger wrote: »
    irish retailers is not = all irish retailers

do you not believe that over the limit aegs have been supplied by irish retailers?
    will i start a poll

would that be ok to start an annomous pole to see who has recieved hot aegs from irish retailers?

i am not alone in thinking 300-310fps is a good place to aim for (keeps you safe keeps the sport safe)

i never said you or anyother skirmishers are looking to hurt people i was refering to what afterhours would call scumbags who have no interest in the sport and just want guns

the reason skirmishers would shout down my suggestion is because more power helps with accuracy and range so they want all they can get but sites need to be safe to protect the time and money they are investing to grow our sport

you are not being immature or wanting to hurt people by wishing to use 328 as a target to stay just under and i understand your reasons i hope i didn't offend you or anyone else by what i said and i hope this clarifies things

Fair enough, but when a thread as potentially controversial as this one is created, its important to make those distinctions.

I see the point in your argument, but perhaps it is a little misguided in the way you have expressed it.

The posts regarding Irish retailers, I know all our retailers place great importance on supplying legal and safe gear, it is imperative to their continued business.
    The blanket statement that Irish retailers import hot gear may not be specific to any one in particular but gives a bad impression of all of them, implying a micky mouse operation.
    If you contacted the retailer, they would likely be as shocked as you that their gear was over, assuming it wasnt the chrono, and I'm sure they would have dealt with the issue in the best interest of everyone including the sport, by downgrading the aegs.

This thread seems to have diverged away from its original intention to be helpful, I dont want to argue with you on minor issues, but I feel I have raised the issues that I'm sure others would have raised with you if they were here to do so.

I think its important to see this from every perspective, including our retailers, and realise that we all want to stay legal and safe, as the sport is most important here, to all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

<mod mode>
    I'd just like to make an addition to o1s1n's comment earlier, this thread is potentially very controversial, think twice and read twice before you hit the post button, there will be no warnings given here if someone slips up, it'll be an infraction or a ban straight off.
    </mod mode>

• Registered Users Posts: 34,612 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

do you not believe that over the limit aegs have been supplied by irish retailers?

Accidently supplied. You almost make it sound as if they did it on purpose. Any retailer I know who has done this has said they would downgrade the item for free.
    will i start a poll

would that be ok to start an annomous pole to see who has recieved hot aegs from irish retailers?

I really can't see what point that would serve.

What's starting to bother me now is the use of 'Irish retailers'. I know I asked people not to name shops, but it's still way too vague. The items in the OP all came from the one store and were tested with one chronograph. Every other store in Ireland is being tarred, even if it's unintentional.

Therefore I think this thread has run its course.

If anyone happens to buy an AEG and it chronos hot, contact the seller immediately and ask for a replacement or your money back.

If it was imported then I'm sure one of the nice folks here will downgrade it for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement