Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMPORTANT MESSAGE to all Leaving Cert Students

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Overheal wrote: »
    You only need One Pen for your exams:

4coul0.jpg

OP is right though. Those pens are shyte.

We're not all rich you now!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Timans wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't write in your own blood.
    I was imagining myself running out of pens during my last exam (applied maths), and stabbing myself in the arm to continue. I'll probably be bleeding from the ears by then anyway, so it'll be grand. I'll bring a quill to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I'm bringing a dead bird into the exam with me.

Plenty of feathers to go around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I heard writing in Tippex/Semen is encouraged also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Peleus wrote: »
    Is anyone bringing two calculators into the mathsy exams? I heard if your calculator breaks during an exam it's tough luck.

You could always use the log tables and having to do your arithmetic the old fashioned way:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,707 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Soby wrote: »
    We're not all rich you now!!!!:p

Its still better than 4 pens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

I'm bringing 6 blue Staedtlers, 2 red Bics, a Tippex pen and 2 calculators. My old casio natural display is kinda dead (maybe battery) and I have to smack it every time I want to turn it on.. Same thing seems to have happened with a lot of people, so I've just bought a new one to bring with it.. :)

if you need tippex then youre doing it wrong :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

No, but seriously, don't use tippex. Just cross out whatever you don't want and put parentheses around it. This way, the examiner can still give you marks for it, whereas if you tippex it or scribble the life out of it, they won't be able to see it!

Also, it'll save you having to wait until the tippex dries or worse still, forgetting to go back and fill in the right thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

Peleus wrote: »
    Is anyone bringing two calculators into the mathsy exams? I heard if your calculator breaks during an exam it's tough luck.

Im buying a second calculator tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Im buying a second calculator tomorrow
    :eek:

What happens if you need it for English?

if you lose your calculator during an exam, that is just awful luck. I've had the same beat-up calculator for 5 years and its got me through every exam ive ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

penguin88 wrote: »
    No, but seriously, don't use tippex. Just cross out whatever you don't want and put parentheses around it. This way, the examiner can still give you marks for it, whereas if you tippex it or scribble the life out of it, they won't be able to see it!

Also, it'll save you having to wait until the tippex dries or worse still, forgetting to go back and fill in the right thing.

I'm only going to be tippexing out little mistakes in English/Irish/Geography where I write the wrong word by mistake or something along those lines. Obviously if a maths problem doesn't work out I won't try tippexing out 7 lines of integration :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Tippex means changing pen, and waiting for it to work! Valuable seconds lost messing around. If you write a wrong word, stick a line through it, continue.

That said, in my Irish paper 1 exam I had so much time I rewrote my entire léamhthuiscint answers to make them all neater. But ideally you shouldn't have such excesses of time.

Advertisement