Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMPORTANT MESSAGE to all Leaving Cert Students

Options
  • 02-06-2008 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

Important message regarding
    Staedtler Pens in the Exams

staedtler_pen.jpg

It has recently come to my attention that Staedtler pens are highly inefficient. In a test* carried out I have discovered that the pens will fail at least once every three lines. This, combined with the amount of time needing to fix the ink flow, means that it takes 25% longer to write with Staedtler pens than other brands.

It is of vital importance that you do not use these pens in the Leaving Cert exam. They will decrease your exam performance and directly effect your grade!
    Method of Destruction

I would recommend you take measures to permanently destroy these pens. The method is as follows
    • Find an A4 pad with at least fifty sheets.
    • Take off the cover of the pen, and place the pen in your hand with your thumb fully covering the top.
    • Raise you hand about 50cm above the A4 pad and strike down in one quick movement.

This will force the tip back into the pen and put it out of use. It is essential you follow these guidelines.

*"Test" - me practicing for Wednesday writing some prose. Got very annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

That really wasn't important enough to warrant two words in all caps in the title, but thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

i adore steadler pens and plan to use them in the leaving cert as i have done for the past year. Thank you for the warning though i may bring a single bic pen although i might add the ones you buy in the 'eiro shop' or in the 'save money multi pack' are alway faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Is anyone bringing two calculators into the mathsy exams? I heard if your calculator breaks during an exam it's tough luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I Like Those Pens!!

And I'm Bringing Two..

Ordinary And Natural Display..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Once every 3 lines?

I really doubt that
    Peleus wrote: »
    Is anyone bringing two calculators into the mathsy exams? I heard if your calculator breaks during an exam it's tough luck.

Yeah I am. I got my mam to go out and buy me a second one even though the current one has never caused me any problems. Just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

No really, I was being serious. If I could scan in an image of my writing that piece, you see the pen stopping to write every few lines. Its ridiculous.

And I know that post was ott. Just to see how many people would read it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Staedtler pens, who needs them.:cool:

I'll be heading down to the bookies tomorrow for a fresh supply of top quality pens. :D:rolleyes::p

I definitely need to invest in a calculator though. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Must bring my sisters calculator into accounting...the 0 button is a bit dodgy in mine. Thanks for reminding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Haha, brilliant post :D
    Reminds me of the "counterfig roll" ad on the radio atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

I'll be heading down to the bookies tomorrow for a fresh supply of top quality pens. :D:rolleyes::p

Too right you are pilot! I will join you!

BIC IS DA s*it FO SHO!

• Advertisement

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Too right you are pilot! I will join you!

BIC IS DA s*it FO SHO!

Well just don't be late. I like to start early and if we have time maybe study some form.

Might come in handy if the results aren't in my favour. :rolleyes:

Bic definitely are the bomb. I'm fanning myself with some right now. Oh god, it feels so good. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,698 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You only need One Pen for your exams:

4coul0.jpg

OP is right though. Those pens are shyte.

Oh right, who brought the smart guy in here. lol!!! :D:D

Oh right, who brought the smart guy in here. lol!!! :D:D

I lurk now and then to make sure kids arent getting smarter behind me. That way I know how long I can slack off before I have to worry about yous stealing my job :D

Overheal I agree with you 100%, who doesn't have one of those 4 in 1's!
    If you don't where have you been the past 5 years?

Although, You are NOT meant to write in Red OR Green!

As the examiner corrects in red and if you want a re-check on your paper in August, They use Green, so DO NOT USE Red OR Green!

:D

Very interesting. I assume its all right for numbering questions though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In my college (which is where you may go if you use bic brand pens) you are not allowed to use pencils in the exams. Mad or wha'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Overheal I agree with you 100%, who doesn't have one of those 4 in 1's!
    If you don't where have you been the past 5 years?

Although, You are NOT meant to write in Red OR Green!

As the examiner corrects in red and if you want a re-check on your paper in August, They use Green, so DO NOT USE Red OR Green!

:D

Actually if you write in red, they correct in blue or black. Writing in green's just silly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

turgon, they are usually good, but the last set of these I've got are pure rubbish.

TBH Jackass the reason I bought them was cause I like the colour of the blue! The bic is a bit dark for me. But they were just so unreliable. With all the pressure and that I just went ballistic - belting holes in two A4 pads, snapping one in half, and getting a rather sore cut on my thumb. Nuts!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I find they're not too bad if you keep writing. It's when you stop that things go bad. Bics ftw anyway, though I bought some fancy gel ink pens for the exams.

Yeah I got stingy in the shop today. The nice ones were €3. The bic were €0.35. No guessing which ones I bought!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I find they're not too bad if you keep writing. It's when you stop that things go bad. Bics ftw anyway, though I bought some fancy gel ink pens for the exams.

Fancy gel ink pens ftw. You can write so much faster with em.

Listen to yourselves, talking about f**king BIC Pens.

Who gives a Shi*?

We've come to the conclusion that BIC are the best!

This Thread should be closed from further replies :p

I like Uniball too for when im in a fanciful mood :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lobsterstag

as a fully fledged member of the citog(left handed!!) family im firmly in favour of the non-smudging good old fashioned biro, be it bic or any other brand!!:pac::pac:

as a fully fledged member of the citog(left handed!!) family im firmly in favour of the non-smudging good old fashioned biro, be it bic or any other brand!!:pac::pac:

Amen brother...........I used to hate it in primary school with cartridge pens. More ink ended up on my hand than on the page. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Whatever you do don't write in your own blood.

Examiners apparently find that sort of thing strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Timans wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't write in your own blood.

Examiners apparently find that sort of thing strange.

My teacher said bodily fluids are encouraged :confused:

Advertisement