Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Corr is a legend for having the courage to present a completely alternative view

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

yes but whose to say they would have known what they were doing? Or rather, they did not know they had any involvment in 911. Maybe any such project would have been years ago.

That's another point, I still don't see how any conspiricy needs to involve 1000s of people.

"Deliver this package to WTC7." You wouldn't think to ask what's in the package.

And another idea, abeit far-fetched, even for a hypothetical scenario discussion :). Ever seen that Derren Brown TV show thing. Is it possible to get people to do things and subsequently forget they've done them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

Has anyone got any proof the yanks did september the 11th?
    Didn't think so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    The topic of 'how long it would take? and how many explosives would be needed for a controlled demolition?' seems to be constantly coming up.

Is it absolutely inconceivable that the US military could have developed a bunker-bustery type weapon with the purpose of taking down skyscrapers?

Explosives that used timers?

Or, hiring a team of engineers to develop new ways of carrying out a controlled demolition in a fast manner?

I'm sorry, the oft repeated mantra of the truth movement is that WTC7 collapsed looked "exactly like a controlled demolition". Now you're trying to tell us that the WTC 7 was demolished in a imaginary new method that precisely mimics the way a building collapses in a conventual controlled demolition.

You can't have your cake and eat it.
    "Deliver this package to WTC7." You wouldn't think to ask what's in the package.

Do you really think that the amount of explosives necessary to destroy a building of that size, can be fitted into a Fed Ex package?

Look mate the Lethal Weapon films weren't documentaries. Only in hollywood can you demolish a 47 store sky scraper by sticking some playdo and a digital clock to a wall.
    And another idea, abeit far-fetched, even for a hypothetical scenario discussion . Ever seen that Derren Brown TV show thing. Is it possible to get people to do things and subsequently forget they've done them.

The NWO got Obi Wan Kinobi to use Jedi mind tricks to get engineers to demolish the building?

GaNjaHan that nasty grating noise you keep hearing? I think you've found the bottom of the barrel, and should stop scraping.

I'm sorry, the oft repeated mantra of the truth movement is that WTC7 collapsed looked "exactly like a controlled demolition". Now you're trying to tell us that the WTC 7 was demolished in a imaginary new method that precisely mimics the way a building collapses in a conventual controlled demolition.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Wow, I was unawear of the fact that I held any loyalties to the 'truth movement'.
    It's food for thought.
    Do you really think that the amount of explosives necessary to destroy a building of that size, can be fitted into a Fed Ex package?

Look mate the Lethal Weapon films weren't documentaries. Only in hollywood can you demolish a 47 store sky scraper by sticking some playdo and a digital clock to a wall.
    There you go again, you just interprit anything said in the least inteligable way. It's extremely patronising TBH.
    Point made : explosives could have been brought to the WTC without the person/persons knowing that they were bringing explosives to the WTC. Therefore 10000 - 1, the amount of people who would have had to be 'in on it'.
    Overall points, before you get nit-picky reading what you want to read.
    I still don't see how it takes 10,000s of people to carry out the attacks. That's a point I've seen you make so as suggest that a CD is ludicrous.
    Also it would take months to rig any such buildings with explosives. I do think this could be gotten around. If they really tried to, they could have pulled it off.
    The NWO got Obi Wan Kinobi to use Jedi mind tricks to get engineers to demolish the building?

GaNjaHan that nasty grating noise you keep hearing? I think you've found the bottom of the barrel, and should stop scraping.

I was thinking more along the lines of Zoolander :P. But you interprited a broad statement in the least inteligable way you could think of.
    You're coming across as a patronising ****.

Also it would take months to rig any such buildings with explosives. I do think this could be gotten around. If they really tried to, they could have pulled it off.

One word. How?

All we can do is compare the effort it takes to demolish a similar building. Unfortunately the closed we have is the Hudson building. The building needed to be gutted, teams took weeks cutting supports, placing shaped charges carefully.

You keep saying it "could be gotten around" without elaborating as to exactly "how".

How could they pull it off, how could they go in for weeks at a time smashing walls, exposing structural supports without the people working in the WTC noticing. How could they cut the structural supports without the people in the building noticing? How could they bring in the tonnes of explosives needed?

Also how could they know all their work would survive the fires, and the collapse of the towers?

There is also the final question. Why? Why on earth would they go to all this time, effort, energy, and expense to destroy WTC 7?

I was thinking more along the lines of Zoolander :P. But you interprited a broad statement in the least inteligable way you could think of.
    You're coming across as a patronising ****.

And you're coming across as someone coming up with increasingly tenuous speculation in the absence of facts and evidence.

On one hand we have credible reports of massive structural damage, and sustained fires engulfing the building, that went untented for hours, these accounts are backed by photographs and eye witness accounts.

On the other hand we have imaginary military bombs brought in by delivery boys who then were hypnotised to forget anything about it.

And you're incensed because you think you're being patronised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

Diogenes wrote: »
    On one hand we have credible reports of massive structural damage, and sustained fires engulfing the building, that went untented for hours, these accounts are backed by photographs and eye witness accounts.

Diogenes, can you please post these pictures of WTC7 with fires engulfing the building? I can only find and have only ever seen the images of 3 floors on fire at WTC7, and not even the whole floors, it would be a bit naive to think that NYC's finest firefighters could not combat a fire on parts of 3 floors...???

I have yet to see images of fires engulfing the whole building like Diogenes, Bonkey or JJ6000 have claimed, not saying it isnt true, i just haven't seen any of you post *evidence* to show that more than 3 floors of WTC7 were on fire.

Here are some pics i've seen of WTC7 after debris had hit it and also a few hours later:

http://www.thewebfairy.com/killtown/wtc7/fire.html

And to think they let the fires burn for so long before even trying to put them out, what sense does that make if there were only 3 floors on fire initially which could have been controlled and put out hours before the building was finally demolished in a controlled demolition.
    People that even say they knew it was coming down for hours before, dont you think they would have tried to control the collapse to minimise risk if they had had a few hours to do something about it? And the fact that it collapsed so similarly to WTC1 and 2 makes it look like they DID attempt to control the collapse.
    We should be comparing uncontrolled building collapses with the WTC7 collapse which does look controlled, whether demolition was planned before or planned after the debris hit it and fires raged, that is the question but i dont believe they would have just let it fall uncontrollably if they *knew* for hours before that is was going to come down. That just makes no sense at all.

One word. How?

All we can do is compare the effort it takes to demolish a similar building. Unfortunately the closed we have is the Hudson building. The building needed to be gutted, teams took weeks cutting supports, placing shaped charges carefully.

You keep saying it "could be gotten around" without elaborating as to exactly "how".

How could they pull it off, how could they go in for weeks at a time smashing walls, exposing structural supports without the people working in the WTC noticing. How could they cut the structural supports without the people in the building noticing? How could they bring in the tonnes of explosives needed?

You're correct in saying that if WTC was taken down by a controlled demolition they could not have used conventional demolition methods.
    But here's the thing.
    "How do we demolish a building without using conventional demolition methods? It hasn't been done before, ah crap. Surely there's nothing we can do so"

I feel confident that it would be possible to figure out a way of doing it.
    Just because it hasn't been done before dooesn't mean it's impossible.

It's not inconceivable that the US military would have looked into weapons for demolishing sky-skrapers.
    Is that plausable?

And there's always the mini-nukes scenario. Thus nulifying the need for 'tonnes of explosives'.
    There is also the final question. Why? Why on earth would they go to all this time, effort, energy, and expense to destroy WTC 7?
    Destruction of evidence?

On the other hand we have imaginary military bombs brought in by delivery boys who then were hypnotised to forget anything about it.
    Again, taking broad statements and interpriting them to make them seem as unintelegent as you can.

And you're incensed because you think you're being patronised?
    I find that you're interpriting broad proposed hypothetical scenarios in a way so as to make them as unintelegent as you can. Yes, I find that patronising.
    And you're coming across as someone coming up with increasingly tenuous speculation in the absence of facts and evidence.
    You're interpriting what I say as tenuous speculation. It is speculation, I agree. But I'm not saying
    "I beleive the US government demolished the WTC using secret magic bombs that were delivered using Jedi mind tricks"
    If that's what you're reading, I think that you are biased.
    I am giving 'what ifs' and 'maybes'

For me, the whole 911 conspiricy can simplify down to, the US government would be smart enough to pull it off if they wanted.
    I would say, within a certain degree of certainty, that I think the US government was responsible for 911.
    But I'm basing this conclusion on what would they have to gain by doing this.

I've started another thread on the motives for Iraq and Afghanistan, you're more than welcome to participate. For me that's a very important factor in judging whether or not the US would have carried out 911.

And another idea, abeit far-fetched, even for a hypothetical scenario discussion :). Ever seen that Derren Brown TV show thing. Is it possible to get people to do things and subsequently forget they've done them.

Im glad you mentioned that, yes there is a strong possibility that that could have been used for this and many other projects.
    MKULTRA is a historically accepted conspiracy about the mind control program going on in America for decades. It describes manchurian candidate scenarios where people are controlled to do things against their will by black project members of the government:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA

The Americans are well aware of Freuds Theories on human behaviour and psychology and know exactly how to exploit it to such an extent that people like yourselves are so brainwashed by mass media already that nothing else could even remotely be true, no matter what the evidence, no matter how many 'officials' themselves continue to ask questions, no matter how many ex-CIA, FBI, Government agents whistleblow these issues etc. etc. etc.

You would learn a hell of a lot from Adam Curtis with regard to this. This is not conspiracy related material but explains a lot about how humans that are in high positions of control would act when they know you better than you know your own self.

Adam Curtis, the guy that made Pandora's Box has also made some critically acclaimed documentaries for the BBC, watch these:

The Power Of Nightmares:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2798679275960015727&hl=en

The Century Of The Self:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8953172273825999151&hl=en

The Trap:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=404227395387111085&hl=en

If you havent seen these yet, then really, you wont even begin to believe that these conspiracies are more likely to be true than false according to human behaviour.

There are 11 historically accepted conspiracies that we know of so far, can you name any of them?

that people like yourselves are so brainwashed by mass media already that nothing else could even remotely be true, no matter what the evidence

Don't get me wrong, I do think it's very plausable. It won't go down to well with the likes of Diogenes though, who my comment was directed at.

I have seen the power of nightmares documentary. Interesting stuff.
    But I suppose you're typing this to add to the "It wouldn't take 10000s of people" argument.

The thing I don't like about the other videos, is that I kind of get the feeling with those videos they try to give the impression that the US government are devil worshiping child sacrificers. And they give a false interpritations of the US governments agenda.

I try to avoid referencing stuff like this because It seems to be too much of a paranoid skitsophreniac's way of thinking and looking at the world for me. The same with Alex Jones. As a result, I can see where people are coming from making the lizard people/ tinfoil hat association.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Pixel8 wrote: »
    it would be a bit naive to think that NYC's finest firefighters could not combat a fire on parts of 3 floors...???

You mean all the ones who were under the rubble of the WTC?

And why not just do WTC7 with another plane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Is it absolutely inconceivable that the US military could have developed a bunker-bustery type weapon with the purpose of taking down skyscrapers?

Nope. Not absolutely inconceivable at all. Its also not absolutely inconceivable that magic is real, and that the US or someone else hired some evil magicians to cast spells which brought the buildings down.

I admit my scenario is unlikely, and that there isn't a spot of evidence to support it. How about you and yours?

Evidence?
    Explosives that used timers?
    Again...not absolutely inconceivable. Again...evidence?

Or, hiring a team of engineers to develop new ways of carrying out a controlled demolition in a fast manner?
    Lets just imagine that I repeat myself here :)

Seriously...you can rephrase your questions like this :

"Isn't it possible that the buildings were brought down in a secretely-created manner we can't begin to explain which looks just like a "natural" collapse would?"

The answer is yes, as long as you accept that it looks just like a "natural" collapse would.

ETA:

One can, of course, argue that it doesn't looks like a natural collapose would. In such a case, one needs to detail what features are not just atypical, but entirely inexplicable and detail how an alternate explanation explains these features. Additionally, any alternate explanation must not introduce any inexplicable features of its own.

For example...radiometric analysis was done in the wake of September 11. There was no exceptional background radiation. Thus, if one wishes to introduce the concept of some sort of nuclear device, one must also explain how a nuclear device can create no radiometric signature.

Sure...there's always the fallback on appealing to the seekr1t projects that the military have, and how we can't possibly know what their capabilities are...at which point I go back to mentioning wizards and witches to show why such logic is fundamentally inapplicable.

Or dragons. The towers could have been taken down by dragons. Tad Williams may have had advance knowledge.

Y
    I am giving 'what ifs' and 'maybes'
    Thats a fair point.
    For me, the whole 911 conspiricy can simplify down to, the US government would be smart enough to pull it off if they wanted.
    But not smart enough to actually pull it off in a manner that would exhonerate them from suspicion...
    I would say, within a certain degree of certainty, that I think the US government was responsible for 911.
    But I'm basing this conclusion on what would they have to gain by doing this.
    If I understand this, what you're saying is that you believe they're really, really smart and devious people, and based on this you think they're behind it because - in hindsight - they gained hell of a lot from it.

How about this for a theory...they weren't behind it, but they're really, really good at turning any situation to their advantage, which is also why they're in power.
    I've started another thread on the motives for Iraq and Afghanistan, you're more than welcome to participate. For me that's a very important factor in judging whether or not the US would have carried out 911.
    For me, that would be a reason why I wouldn't be interested in contributing to the thread. I could offer you any amount of reasoning why they did what they did, but I've no interest in seeing that reasoning abused by being turned into "motive == guilt".

Ironically, such proficiency at opportunism is a far, far scarier thing than the capability to orchestrate something like the attacks of September 11...but I doubt such an idea will find fertile soil in this forum

Pixel8 wrote:
    I have yet to see images of fires engulfing the whole building like Diogenes, Bonkey or JJ6000 have claimed, not saying it isnt true, i just haven't seen any of you post *evidence* to show that more than 3 floors of WTC7 were on fire.

WTC7_Smoke.jpg

Smoke billowing from every floor.

Here are some pics i've seen of WTC7 after debris had hit it and also a few hours later:

http://www.thewebfairy.com/killtown/wtc7/fire.html

I'd really choose my sources better The Web Fairy is a delusional no player, as is killtown, who enjoys harassing eye witnesses and sending them abuse.
    i dont believe they would have just let it fall uncontrollably if they *knew* for hours before that is was going to come down. That just makes no sense at all.

I believe I've quoted a senior fire chief who when asked what they were going to do about the other building damaged and his attitude was "screw it let em burn"

Over three hundred firefighters were killed on 911. These were these men's brothers, sons, fathers, and friends. Half of their equipment was buried under rubble that their co workers were under. Every firefighter in New York who wasn't either dead or fighting for their lives, was trying to save as many people as possible, or running into scene of unimaginable chaos and horror, desperately trying to find the men and women they worked with.

I find your cynical back seat quarterbacking over where the NYC fire department priorities lied that day to be deeply offensive, and if you voiced that opinion near a NYC fire house, I suspect you'll be looking for your teeth.

You're correct in saying that if WTC was taken down by a controlled demolition they could not have used conventional demolition methods.
    But here's the thing.
    "How do we demolish a building without using conventional demolition methods? It hasn't been done before, ah crap. Surely there's nothing we can do so"

A better question would be, "why would we want to?"
    I feel confident that it would be possible to figure out a way of doing it.
    Just because it hasn't been done before dooesn't mean it's impossible.

It's not inconceivable that the US military would have looked into weapons for demolishing sky-skrapers.
    Is that plausable?

Perhaps, your problem lies in the fact that it's been over half a decade and you've yet to elaborate beyond the drawing board for a conceivable weapon.
    And there's always the mini-nukes scenario. Thus nulifying the need for 'tonnes of explosives'.

The "mini-nukes scenario" Imagine a man peering at you quizzically over some spectacles. What pray tell is a mini nuke scenario.

No please tell us how you detonate a nuclear weapon with the blast radius of one city block that doesn't create a EMP pulse, or lead to a massive dose of radiation that would still be evident at ground zero today.
    Destruction of evidence?

What evidence of what?

Again, taking broad statements and interpriting them to make them seem as unintelegent as you can.

I find that you're interpriting broad proposed hypothetical scenarios in a way so as to make them as unintelegent as you can. Yes, I find that patronising.

You just invented a new form of nuclear explosive defense three lines ago. Why not go hog wild and say the WTC was destroyed by a cloaked Romulan War Bird?

Ah see this explains it. Unhappy with the present US administration behaviour you've gone back and decided that in order to carry out these invasions the US administration must have created an elaborate scheme to justify it.

See your problem is you're approaching this event with a predetermined opinion on what occured, and instead of objectively rationally and imperially examining the evidence, you are simply disregarding any information which does not fit your rigid entrenched opinion of what did occur, and inventing evidence as to satisfy your predetermined opinion.

Consider this. You watched power of nightmares didn't you? You know that entrenched fundamental Islam has been growing for decades in both the West and Middle East. You know that their are ruthless neo conservatives in America, and at the time of sept 11th their power was in the ascent.

So what's harder to believe that a group of fanatical jihadists hell bent on mayrtdom, trained in a dedicated plot for years to carry out a terrorist atrocity, which Neo Conservatives capitalised on to further their agenda.

There, you don't need Darren Brown, and secret government Mini Nukes, you've got a plausible rational and yet horrifying chain of events.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

WTC7_Smoke.jpg

thats not quite the same as Engulfed with fires on every floor, would you like to show us photos with Flames on every floor, like this one of the Windsor tower?
    madrid_windsor.jpg

I'd really choose my sources better The Web Fairy is a delusional no player, as is killtown, who enjoys harassing eye witnesses and sending them abuse.
    you could at least provide evidence rather than just making attacks against people who's websites disagree with you
    I believe I've quoted a senior fire chief who when asked what they were going to do about the other building damaged and his attitude was "screw it let em burn"

Over three hundred firefighters were killed on 911. These were these men's brothers, sons, fathers, and friends. Half of their equipment was buried under rubble that their co workers were under. Every firefighter in New York who wasn't either dead or fighting for their lives, was trying to save as many people as possible, or running into scene of unimaginable chaos and horror, desperately trying to find the men and women they worked with.

I find your cynical back seat quarterbacking over where the NYC fire department priorities lied that day to be deeply offensive, and if you voiced that opinion near a NYC fire house, I suspect you'll be looking for your teeth.
    again, what are you adding to the debate here?

If the firebrigade did nothing wrong then where would the problem lie?

A better question would be, "why would we want to?"

OK lets look at the occupants of WTC7 again, see any underlying connection between most of the organisations in the building?

Perhaps, your problem lies in the fact that it's been over half a decade and you've yet to elaborate beyond the drawing board for a conceivable weapon.

The "mini-nukes scenario" Imagine a man peering at you quizzically over some spectacles. What pray tell is a mini nuke scenario.
    Tactical Battlefield Nuclear weapons have been with us since the 70's ever seen a Nuclear Mortar, ever heard of a 'Suitcase Bomb'?
    No please tell us how you detonate a nuclear weapon with the blast radius of one city block that doesn't create a EMP pulse, or lead to a massive dose of radiation that would still be evident at ground zero today.
    Very Carefully
    What evidence of what?
    evidence of Arson/Explosives in WTC7
    You just invented a new form of nuclear explosive defense three lines ago.
    See this is where you show yerself up as a selfsatisfied git who hasn't a clue, JUST BECAUSE YOU NEVER HEARD OF IT DOES NOT MEAN IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!

battlefield nukes have been around for a long time, so it IS POSSIBLE to have a Nuclear device thats small enough to be delivered as a FedEx package and still contain the punch required to do the damage we saw.

Now I'm not saying that this is how they did it, I'm mereley offering up a possibility that you were obviously unaware of when you dismissed the notion out of hand.
    Why not go hog wild and say the WTC was destroyed by a cloaked Romulan War Bird?

You are not Bonkey, you cant do IronicCleverness, it makes you look even pettier.
    Ah see this explains it. Unhappy with the present US administration behaviour you've gone back and decided that in order to carry out these invasions the US administration must have created an elaborate scheme to justify it.
    Lets See, the Neocons were talkin about requiring a Catalyst to launch an invasion, to shore up US military dominance as far back as 1996.
    See your problem is you're approaching this event with a predetermined opinion on what occured, and instead of objectively rationally and imperially examining the evidence, you are simply disregarding any information which does not fit your rigid entrenched opinion of what did occur, and inventing evidence as to satisfy your predetermined opinion.
    and this differs from your approach Because???
    Consider this. You watched power of nightmares didn't you? You know that entrenched fundamental Islam has been growing for decades in both the West and Middle East. You know that their are ruthless neo conservatives in America, and at the time of sept 11th their power was in the ascent.

So what's harder to believe that a group of fanatical jihadists hell bent on mayrtdom, trained in a dedicated plot for years to carry out a terrorist atrocity, which Neo Conservatives capitalised on to further their agenda.

There, you don't need Darren Brown, and secret government Mini Nukes, you've got a plausible rational and yet horrifying chain of events.

who trained these Jihadists, where did the resources come from? are we to believe that there was no one in the continental USA who was aware of what was going on?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

thats not quite the same as Engulfed with fires on every floor, would you like to show us photos with Flames on every floor, like this one of the Windsor tower?
    madrid_windsor.jpg
    You are aware, aren't you, that the photograph you've posted was taken at night whereas the WTC7 one was in daylight?
    battlefield nukes have been around for a long time, so it IS POSSIBLE to have a Nuclear device thats small enough to be delivered as a FedEx package and still contain the punch required to do the damage we saw.

Now I'm not saying that this is how they did it, I'm mereley offering up a possibility that you were obviously unaware of when you dismissed the notion out of hand.
    OK, we have a hypothesis: WTC7 was demolished using miniature nuclear weapons.

Let's test the hypothesis by checking whether it fits the observed facts: we can take it for granted that even a small nuclear device would leave a distinct radioactive signature. It's also a given that anything with sufficient explosive power to bring down a 47-storey building would leave a seismic signature.

Were there unusual levels of radiation in the vicinity of the WTC in the immediate aftermath? Nope.

Was there a seismic record of an explosion? Nope.

Your hypothesis has been tested and found to be invalid, therefore it can be confidently stated that it didn't happen. Yay for the scientific method.

For those of you who have a problem with what you dismiss as the "official story" - that's how you go about challenging it.

madrid_windsor.jpg

Wot Oscar said. Notice the bright clear sky in one, and the dark sky in the other?
    you could at least provide evidence rather than just making attacks against people who's websites disagree with you

Both the webfairy and killtown have a proven track record of lying, deceit and of selectively choosing which facts they promote and ignore which don't suit their rather odd chain of events on the day.
    again, what are you adding to the debate here?

If the firebrigade did nothing wrong then where would the problem lie?

The person I am responding to is expressing wonder why didn't the fire department fight the fires in WTC7 I'm just pointing out that the NYC fire department had more important matters on their mind that day.
    OK lets look at the occupants of WTC7 again, see any underlying connection between most of the organisations in the building?

The largest occupant of the WTC 7 was the Saloman brothers, your point is?

Very Carefully

Careful now Mahatma you're in danger of dethroning your hard won crown from that holocaust denial thread.

Are you saying that the only reason that we see EMP pulses and radiation after a nuclear explosion is because in every single other instance the French, British, Americans, Soviets, India, and Pakistan were just careless?

It's a wonder greenpeace/CND don't use this argument themselves;

"Responsible use of Nuclear Weapons Now."
    evidence of Arson/Explosives in WTC7

Circular reasonings. You're trying to suggest that they destroyed WTC 7 to destroy the evidence that they, er, used arson and explosives to destroy the WTC7.
    See this is where you show yerself up as a selfsatisfied git who hasn't a clue, JUST BECAUSE YOU NEVER HEARD OF IT DOES NOT MEAN IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!

No I'm perfectly aware of this. However even a small Nuclear device emits a EMP and would release radiation that would still be identifiable at Ground Zero today. Not to mention as Oscar said their would certainly be a identifiable seismic record.

Simply making a nuclear device smaller doesn't make these problems disappear.

So I may be a "self satisfied git" as you put it in yet another personal attack, but I happen to be a "self satisfied git" who lives in reality.

Come join us here some time.
    You are not Bonkey, you cant do IronicCleverness, it makes you look even pettier.

Gosh well you sure told me, I'll never ever do "IronicCleverness" ever again, because Mahatma Coat told me I'm so bad at it.
    Lets See, the Neocons were talkin about requiring a Catalyst to launch an invasion, to shore up US military dominance as far back as 1996.

Evidence? And please in the name of sweet merciful god I don't want to see PNAC misquoted, again.
    and this differs from your approach Because???

Show me where I arrived at a predetermined conclusion about events, and then fitted the facts around this conclusion, and you'd be in danger of having a point.
    who trained these Jihadists, where did the resources come from? are we to believe that there was no one in the continental USA who was aware of what was going on?

The Saudi's and Pakistan for a start. I'd suggest you pick up Jason Burke's Al Qaeda if you are ignorant of the actual facts of the Soviet Afghanistan war. And yes people were aware, but it's very easy to cherry pick what facts people should and shouldn't have picked up on with hindsight.

madrid_windsor.jpg

The steel-construction part of the Windsor Tower collapsed from fire.
    WTC7 collapsed from a combination of structural damage and fire.

Why would one expect the fires to be the same?
    The face of WTC 7 which faced the towers was the south face. The damage to WTC 7 was primarily on the south face. The smoke coming from WTC 7 was primarily from the south face. Killtown shows the north, east and west faces. Many of his pictures don't show the whole building, or are cut off so that you can't see the billowing of smoke from the south face.

The picture center-top, however, shows smoke billowing out from the building's south face, as does the right-hand one on the second row.

If you wish to argue that there weren't fires on every floor, and that the eyewitnesses who made such comments were wrong...I have no problem with that, whatever about the others who've taken you to task on that. The collapse-scenario for WTC7 isn't reliant on there being fires on every floor. I also believe that NISTs interim report - which should be considered the most current "official account" - neither makes nor relies on such a claim.
    Tactical Battlefield Nuclear weapons have been with us since the 70's ever seen a Nuclear Mortar, ever heard of a 'Suitcase Bomb'?
    They emit EMP, and have a distinctive radiation signature. Neither were present on September 11, 2001.

As far as I'm aware, there are no nuclear explosives which do not emit EMP. A dirty-bomb would not, but it also wouldn't be highly explosive.
    I've never heard of a teacup orbiting Pluto either. Does that mean it would be reasonable for someone to suggest that it exists?

If someone wants to suggest that a suitcase nuke with no EMP and no radiation signature exists, then by all means...let them do so. Until they can provide at least a theoretically sound design for such a device, however, their suggestion should be (rightly) considered science fiction.
    What large explosion did we see that you're referring to?
    If you're referring to the infamous "New Pearl Harbour" comment in PNAC, then no, they weren't. They were talking to the only thing that would invalidate the slow-and-careful progression that they both laid out and maintained was unstoppable if done right.

Tell you what, though, Mahatma...lets play "what if" for a second...

What if a suitcase nuke did exist, with no radiation or EMP signature, and just the right amount of explosive power to bring down whichever of the building(s) you want to apply it to.

You now have a single-point-of-explosion which brought a damaged building to the ground.

This is not controlled demolition, so therefore, the scenario implicitly requires that one accept that controlled demolition is not the only way in which a building can collapse as "neatly" as conspiracy theorists say it did.

But wasn't this neat collapse the 'raison d'etre' for suspecting foul play in the first place? Didn't we need the neat-collapse-only-happens-from-CD argument to need an alternate explanation in the first place? If we have to accept that this is not the case in order to put forward our alternate explanation...what grounds do we have for rejecting the initial hypothesis of "fire + structural damage" ??

WTC7_Smoke.jpg

Yes i see the smoke, where are the pictures of fire? I only see 2 floors with black around the windows half way up the building which would indicate flames *were* there but not anymore, no black around any other windows? So there wasnt any fire around all those other windows?

What time was that picture taken at? Could it be around the time or shortly after the WTC's 1&2 came down at which time the whole area was 'billowing' with smoke and pulverised concrete in the air? Thats what it looks like to me, or else it was taken when WTC7 was being demolished which would prove it wasnt on fire when it was demolished, which is it?

But since you dont practice what you preach and post the actual evidence for your claim and use common sense instead of linking an image from 911debunking.com (same every time, lets have some others) without any explanation of the time it was taken or anything else, you're just wasting time and destroying what would otherwise be a very informative thread for a lot of people. Instead its ruined with troll crap from yourself and only a few others.

The thing about it is, that you pick any number of websites from numerous places on the internet and they all say similar things to what that web fairy site says, ive heard what they say a thousand times and seen lots of info, evidence, claims and questions which do more to back the conspiracy than debunk it.
    I have posted only a few of those sources at this stage and you dont seem to have looked at any of them.
    All you and naysayers ever reference is 911debunking.com, are you the webmaster or something? I'd like to see more sources saying what you claim to be the case.

You quoted a firefighter? well done, a whole 1 firefighter, thats comprehensive man, he must know the full story! Wheres the link? You constantly ignore our links and then post none yourself...

Look at this for a lot more than 1 firefighter saying the opposite to what you claim:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=911+conspiracy&sitesearch=#

That proves nothing. New York State has how many firefighters that would have travelled to the scene as soon as they heard? Firefighter numbers have nothing to do with this, other states would have got involved in the rescue if they needed it and probably did.
    Sure Bush even says he saw the first plane hit the first WTC on TV when it wasnt even televised till the day after, the *first* plane hitting, not the second one which was televised the whole day of Sept 11th with the government script to back all the bull**** up. haha, check this one out for a big bush blooper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm73wOuPL60

Dont put words in my mouth then.

OK how about this for a comparison of the fires
    wtc7-fires-close.jpg

it still dosent show a building engulfed by fire tho does it.

• Advertisement

Eh Diogeness, wanna explain what you mean, or is it just more random Sh!tStirrin to see if you can get a rise outa me?
    Careful now Mahatma you're in danger of dethroning your hard won crown from that holocaust denial thread.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Was there a seismic record of an explosion? Nope.

Your hypothesis has been tested and found to be invalid, therefore it can be confidently stated that it didn't happen. Yay for the scientific method.

For those of you who have a problem with what you dismiss as the "official story" - that's how you go about challenging it.

Scientific method? I really think scientists would be disgusted with you for that one...

Was there a seismic record of an explosion? Hell YES there was, and if you bothered to look at all the pages in this thread and the other Jim Corr thread you would have seen all the evidence i posted from the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO).
    There were seismic readings for WTC1,WTC2, WTC7 & even the plane crash in Shanksville, but there was NO seismic activity at the Pentagon.

With your obvious refined scientific methods, can you explain this in real scientific terms (unlike just dismissing the fact that there *were* seismic reports which you conveniently decided not to see)

it still dosent show a building engulfed by fire tho does it.

Exactly, where are the fires? And why is it taking so long to provide a link to an image of WTC7 engulfed with flames?

I see, you need to photoshop one first. ok then

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Was there a seismic record of an explosion? Hell YES there was, and if you bothered to look at all the pages in this thread and the other Jim Corr thread you would have seen all the evidence i posted from the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO).
    I've read every post in this thread, and this is the first one I can recall seing from you that mentioned the word "seismic" or the LDEO.

If you mentioned it already in this thread (which you've implied), please point it out to me. If you've mentioned it in another thread, please re-post it here.
    With your obvious refined scientific methods, can you explain this in real scientific terms (unlike just dismissing the fact that there *were* seismic reports which you conveniently decided not to see)
    When I've seen your evidence, I'll evaluate it.

Scientific method? I really think scientists would be disgusted with you for that one...

There were seismic readings for WTC1,WTC2, WTC7 & even the plane crash in Shanksville, but there was NO seismic activity at the Pentagon.

Er.
    Seismographs at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in Palisades, New York, recorded the collapses of WTC 1, 2, and 7. This data was later released to the public and currently appears on their website. Additionally, on 9/11 Protec field technicians were utilizing portable field seismographs to continuously record ground vibrations on several construction sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn for liability purposes.

In all cases where seismographs detected the collapses, waveform readings indicate a single, gradually ascending and descending level of ground vibration during the event. At no point during 9/11 were sudden or independent vibration "spikes" documented by any seismograph, and we are unaware of any entity possessing such data.

From here (not 911debunking.com)
    Yes i see the smoke, where are the pictures of fire? I only see 2 floors with black around the windows half way up the building which would indicate flames *were* there but not anymore, no black around any other windows? So there wasnt any fire around all those other windows?

Smoke being lighter than air rises, so smoke wouldn't drift down. Mean if the fires were only isolated on three floors the smoke wouldn't be coming from all floors.
    What time was that picture taken at? Could it be around the time or shortly after the WTC's 1&2 came down at which time the whole area was 'billowing' with smoke and pulverised concrete in the air? Thats what it looks like to me, or else it was taken when WTC7 was being demolished which would prove it wasnt on fire when it was demolished, which is it?

Thats the important bit, thats the only place smoke is coming from in that photo if it was taken around the time or shortly after the WTC collapse the whole area would be filled with smoke and pulverised concrete.

You quoted a firefighter? well done, a whole 1 firefighter, thats comprehensive man, he must know the full story! Wheres the link? You constantly ignore our links and then post none yourself...

I quoted about two dozen firefighters saying the building was fully involved with fires a few pages ago.

Miss that too?
    That proves nothing. New York State has how many firefighters that would have travelled to the scene as soon as they heard? Firefighter numbers have nothing to do with this, other states would have got involved in the rescue if they needed it and probably did.

So what you expected firemen to drive to New York, and then what? Ignore the huge pile of smoldering rubble with people trapped alive underneath?

And all of their priority was set to rescue people, your incredulous shock aside, it's a simple fact.

Eh Diogeness, wanna explain what you mean, or is it just more random Sh!tStirrin to see if you can get a rise outa me?

Happily. On that thread you suggested that the camp commander of Auswitz was exaggerating how many Jews died at his camp, was exaggerating that figure during his trial where he faced the death penalty for Genocide. Possibly the daftest notion ever floated on this form.

Until you brilliantly outdid yourself when it was pointed out
    me wrote:

You responded
    Very Carefully

As if to say gosh you can detonate a nuclear device and not have a burst of radiation, if you're "careful" about.

A remark worthy of a Stundie I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Getting your Forums mixed methinks.

Originally Posted by Mahatma Coat
    Happily. On that thread you suggested that the camp commander of Auswitz was exaggerating how many Jews died at his camp, was exaggerating that figure during his trial where he faced the death penalty for Genocide. Possibly the daftest notion ever floated on this form.

You just dont f'n get it do you. no matter how its explained to you. I doubt you will ever understand my point on that, and I wont derail this thread any further.
    Originally Posted by Diogeness
    You responded
    Very Carefully

As if to say gosh you can detonate a nuclear device and not have a burst of radiation, if you're "careful" about.

did I say any of the above?? No I F'n Didn't I would very much apreciate it if you could limit your responses to things I actualy say rather than your imaginary tangents of what you think I might imply, cos as we've seen previously you really dont get a lot of what I say, or else you do and you chose to deliberatley play dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Dear lord there are some delusional people out there. "I got the data is on www.xyz.com, it's on a couple of sites so it must be true." So if I start a website and make up something then I (or my friends) start 20 more websites and copy and paste it somehow becomes true? It would be the equivalent of saying Bush is really a robot because I read it in the Enquirer and the Daily Sport.

Mini-nukes, Fighters that can fly with after burners on for 6 minutes, magical secret weapons etc, you guys really need a reality check. Just because you can make up a weapon in your head or see it on tv doesn't mean it could exist. You say well the American military are super smart so they could have made this and not told anyone. Well it's up to you to prove they could exist. Without that the debate is a farce, as there will be no boundaries.

Immediately after 911 when I started to look at the information that was about I was very sceptical, ironically it was the Loosechange "documentary" that turned me the other way.

You just dont f'n get it do you. no matter how its explained to you. I doubt you will ever understand my point on that, and I wont derail this thread any further.

Until what was pointed out? The above incoherent ramblings doesn't even merit the concept of a response. "I doubt you will ever understand my point" thats probably true if you make a random non sequitur and don't explain yourself further, which is what you are doing.

did I say any of the above?? No I F'n Didn't I would very much apreciate it if you could limit your responses to things I actualy say rather than your imaginary tangents of what you think I might imply, cos as we've seen previously you really dont get a lot of what I say, or else you do and you chose to deliberatley play dumb
    I don't get what you say because you don't make a whit of sense.

Nuclear weapons no matter what size they are, emit radiation, create an EMP, and leave a seismic record. Telling us that you can hide these facts by being "very careful" is just asinine.

Explain yourself, explain the physics and the science don't just get in a huff because we laugh at your absurd excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JJ6000

Christ......the conspiracy theorists are hypothesizing that it may have been a nuclear demoliton now??

Is there any fantasy that you they will not stoop to believing? Their imaginations truly have no limits (yes.....make no mistake, when you have no evidence to back up what you are saying then it is your imagination). This is so far removed from the scientific method it is laughable.

If you are going to base your theories purely on "possibilities" without backing it up with any conclusive evidence then there truly is no talking to you. Theoretically speaking ANYTHING is possible. It's possible aliens hidden in craters on the dark side of the moon executed this attack. I mean, we cant SEE the dark side of the moon, so we dont know there AREN'T alies there....which means it's totally possible that they ARE there.....so I suppose it's entirely possible that it was them, right? I'm also pretty sure I've seen quotes from witnessses around the pentagon that said they briefly saw an object flying in the sky before the explosion. The "official" version is that this was the plane which struck the pentagon. But it could ALSO have been a flying saucer. Obviously, they only saw it briefly because the alien-craft had to momentarily turn off it's cloaking device prior to firing it's photon missiles. This also explains why the security camera did not clearly show a plane hitting the pentagon....becasue photon missiles travel faster than the speed of light. It also explains the lack of seismic spikes on the day....becasue photon missiles would likely emit a different seismic signature to an aircraft hitting the ground. Which means it wasnt Bin Laden...or Bush...but it was ALIENS! Good, glad we got that sorted out. Maybe now we can finally close the investigation into what happened.

Asking questions is fine.....no doubt, not every little thing about 9/11 is entirely clear....but forming conclusions which have to evidential basis whatsoever is pure imagination and fantasy.

Nuclear attacks?? Gimme a break.

....it was aliens....no doubt.

Advertisement