Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Corr is a legend for having the courage to present a completely alternative view

Options
  • 29-05-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Jim Corr went on The Last Word this evening expressing his belief that the official version of 911 doesn't make sense. A lot of people texted in agreeing with his point of view, a lot of people texted to say he should stick to the music.

Before you knock him watch the Google video "911 Mysteries" and THEN DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. But don't just knock the whole notion without seeing a second side of the story.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=911+mysteries&sitesearch=#

Fair play to you Jim, I applaud you for having the courage to present some information so far from what most people believe that you know it's going to get you ridiculed. Politicians and those in the mainstream media don't have 1/100th of his courage.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That you, Jim?

Honestly though, it seems like a crazy conspiracy theory. Alternative, yes. But that a coherent opinion does not make. Its excessive scaremongering, and I'd want more proof than a google video before I go listening to his conspiracys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Tin foil hat stuff if you ask me. And does this belong the the EU forum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sink wrote: »
    Tin foil hat stuff if you ask me. And doed this belong the the EU forum?

Admittedly, Jim Corr was discussing Lisbon and the EU in relation to a New World Order...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The OP is a spammer.

I said spammer.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

Honestly though, it seems like a crazy conspiracy theory. Alternative, yes. But that a coherent opinion does not make. Its excessive scaremongering, and I'd want more proof than a google video before I go listening to his conspiracys.

Yeah, two planes knock 3 buildings.
    Most of the supposed highjackers found alive.
    Not one single bit of footage from the pentagon showing the plane hitting it.
    World Trade Centre Building 7 completely ommited from official Commision report.
    Coroner stating he had no bodies to deal with in pensylvania, and a distinct lack of plane wreckage there.
    Firefighters and people in the buildings reporting internal explosions.
    Buildings falling at the speed of gravity, perfectly into their own footprint, with no resistance.
    Visible demolition squibs (explosions) in virtually all 9/11 footage (Easily visible in Slow mo).
    The first and only steel structured buildings in history to fall due to fire, despite others burning hotter, and for longer.
    Thermite(Used in professional demolitions) being found all over ground zero.
    People suffering from intake of Pulverized concrete, impossible if they just collapsed.
    Aeroplane Black boxes found, but then lost.
    All steel, evidence in the biggest crime scene in history, pivotal in determining the reason for the collapse, was illegally and rapidly destroyed immediately following 9/11.
    Insider trading before 9/11. Must be psychics.
    Billion dollar insurance policy taken out before the demolition.
    The US Air defence stand down.
    Wargames, being carried out, on 9/11, playing out scenerio's of a plane being flown into the Pentagon, and a major air disaster in New York, lead to confusion amongst air defense as to whether the attacks are real or not.
    The Bush/Bin laden business connections.
    Bush snr was at a business meeting with Osama Bin Ladens brothers on 9/11
    The CIA funded and armed Al Qaeda, the supposed perpetrators.
    US and UK force deployments to Afghanistan already in place on Sept 9th.
    "No one could have imagined flying planes into buildings" is the official line from the American Government. Yet they themselves propose it in the Operation Northwoods papers.
    The LONG LONG list of admitted, officially available to read about, false flag operations carried out by the CIA!
    I could just go on and on and on etc

Yeah.. in fairness, the official 9/11 story insults the intelligence of a 8 year old, but anyone who questions it is a conspiracy theorist loon! You don't have to watch a google video for your information mate, there are literally thousands of pages of official Government documents that more than throw the whole thing up in the air. For god sake, commisioners walked out of the official investigation wanting to testify against it before congress, but were gagged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Jim sounded like he did too many drugs during his music career and had too much time to spend after it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Jim'll Fix It.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 curiousn

You're seeing first hand the reason why these things can easily be covered up. The non-official view is so far removed from what people could easily believe that 99% of people will call anyone who questions it a nutter, no matter how much evidence they have.

Just call someone a "conspiracy theorist" and they'll be instantly discredited and chastised in the media, while nobody bothers to really examine the evidence. This exactly what we're seeing played out in the media and message boards.

It's difficult to say whether it was deliberately orchastrated or just let happen, but the evidence against the offical story and government cover up (no official investigation etc..) is just too hard to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Franko73

I think Jim took a big risk in going on national radio with his views and the sun this morning has him on the front page.

Regardless of if it is conspiricy nonsense or hidden fact, I think it is important that people are aware of what is going on behind the scenes. As Vincent Browne point out yesterday the Lisbon treaty document is completely unreadable to the normal Joe Soap so we dont even know what we are voting for or against and hence the scaremongering and lies are put forward by our wonderful leaders who have admitted they have not even read it!

Good man Jim, I happen to think there is something else going on behind the scenes, I dont know if its a 911 coverup and all that but the new world order thing is very interesting and the more you research it the creepier it becomes. You must be objective though and ask yourself what info is correct and factual and what is nonsense.

Fair play Jim, maybe we should all hook up and talk about this, bring your sisters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Franko73

a good example is the film 'loose change' which blew a lot of people away (free to download and worth a watch) and then 'f**k loose change' came out which provided an alternative to each point made in the original.

I recommend you look at both, fascinating how info can be presented from both sides.....

Remember Hilter burnt the Reichstag in order to convince the German people the commies were coming!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Looooooooooper!!!!

Jim Corr quotes an "Article 2 Protocol 6" in the Charter of fundamental rights saying that "A state may make provisions in its law for the death penalty in respect to acts committed in time of war or in imminent threat of war".

The only place this protocol exists is in Jim's pretty messed up head.

He just made this up. NO basis in fact what so ever.
    (view the text of the charter here: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/JOHtml.do?uri=OJ%3AC%3A2007%3A303%3ASOM%3AEN%3AHTML)

If anything he said was true; why would he need to make something up??

Somebody needs to have a word with him and suggest he makes another album....too much time on his hands.

Here's the audio from his chat with Matt Cooper. Please listen to it, I'd hate to think people thought I was bashing Jim Corr for no good reason. Even the most hardened No-voter could not take this guy seriously.
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/12824423c7ed4c4f/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 the_fat_mile

the interveiw was posted to youtube last night for anyone that wants a listen.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gMTJS4wnmF8

It was incredible stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

The only place this protocol exists is in Jim's pretty messed up head.
    He just made this up. NO basis in fact what so ever.

In fairness to him he just got his articles and protocols mixed up
    http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/EN/Treaties/Html/114.htm

Not in fairness to him these articles were agreed 25 years ago but because its news to Jim Corr he needs to warn the rest of us. Have to say best audio entertainment I've ever got from the Corrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

R0C0 wrote: »
    World Trade Centre Building 7 completely ommited from official Commision report.
    Coroner stating he had no bodies to deal with in pensylvania, and a distinct lack of plane wreckage there.
    Buildings falling at the speed of gravity, perfectly into their own footprint, with no resistance.
    Visible demolition squibs (explosions) in virtually all 9/11 footage (Easily visible in Slow mo).
    The first and only steel structured buildings in history to fall due to fire, despite others burning hotter, and for longer.
    People suffering from intake of Pulverized concrete, impossible if they just collapsed.
    All steel, evidence in the biggest crime scene in history, pivotal in determining the reason for the collapse, was illegally and rapidly destroyed immediately following 9/11.
    Wargames, being carried out, on 9/11, playing out scenerio's of a plane being flown into the Pentagon, and a major air disaster in New York, lead to confusion amongst air defense as to whether the attacks are real or not.
    "No one could have imagined flying planes into buildings" is the official line from the American Government. Yet they themselves propose it in the Operation Northwoods papers.
    The LONG LONG list of admitted, officially available to read about, false flag operations carried out by the CIA!

Yeah.. in fairness, the official 9/11 story insults the intelligence of a 8 year old, but anyone who questions it is a conspiracy theorist loon! You don't have to watch a google video for your information mate, there are literally thousands of pages of official Government documents that more than throw the whole thing up in the air. For god sake, commisioners walked out of the official investigation wanting to testify against it before congress, but were gagged.

Sigh another victim of the youtube revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Does anyone else find it ironic that there is another completely contradictory and equally implausible conspiracy theory making the rounds? That Libertas founder Declan Ganley has deep links with the American intelligence community and is being funded by them to usurp the EU federation because of the threats it poses to American dominance of Europe. I bet the sort of confused people that believe either are likely to believe both even with their glaring contradictions.

Jim Corr, another victim of the youtube revolution.

Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad man

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've also noticed that I've never seen Declan Ganley and Jim Corr in the same place at the same time! Maybe they're the same person?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to conspiracy theories.

/boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

jim also forgot to mention protocol 13 of the European convention on human rights "Protocol No. 13 to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, concerning the abolition of the death penalty in all circumstances"

http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/en/Treaties/Html/187.htm

which was ratified in 2002.

KERPAL wrote: »
    Sigh another victim of the youtube revolution

I don't even know how to respond to this... its that moronic. Go watch RTÉ or something!

• Advertisement

I don't even know how to respond to this... its that moronic. Go watch RTÉ or something!

I just think its a disgrace that you have the cheek to question 9/11. Its not a matter for conspiracies, a few thousand people died, it was Osama Bin Laden and his cohorts, there is no denying it, yes the usa might have withheld information to save face a bit, but there is not a chance that a conspiracy of that magnitude would be concocted by any organisation. The benefits of 9/11 to USA are unclear, there were none.

I just think its a disgrace that you have the cheek to question 9/11. Its not a matter for conspiracies, a few thousand people died, it was Osama Bin Laden and his cohorts, there is no denying it, yes the usa might have withheld information to save face a bit, but there is not a chance that a conspiracy of that magnitude would be concocted by any organisation. The benefits of 9/11 to USA are unclear, there were none.

Your mother didn't breast feed you did she?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JJ6000

Why dont you refer to my response to this ridiculous post in the after hourse forum.

Your theory is ludicrous and has been proven to be absolutley false.

Conspiracy theorists rarely look into anything other than what will fit their theory. They see what they wnt to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JJ6000

Please also explain this:

If the US govt carried out 9/11 then why do Al Qaeda consistently claim responsibility for it??

Do the conspiracy nuts think that both sides are lieing?? Do they think that Al Qaeda is in on the conspiracy with the US Govt??

JJ6000 wrote: »
    Please also explain this:

If the US govt carried out 9/11 then why do Al Qaeda consistently claim responsibility for it??

Do the conspiracy nuts think that both sides are lieing?? Do they think that Al Qaeda is in on the conspiracy with the US Govt??

Where did Al Qaeda come from? Who armed and funded them?

Your mother didn't breast feed you did she?

Cant believe im actually posting in the 9/11 didnt happen forum.
    Get a grip, get a life, you have been manipulated by youtube, admit it, be a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

The benefits of 9/11 to USA are unclear, there were none.

Dude. Pretext for the Invasion of two countries/unending war on terrorjism/ suspension of prisoners rights/torture(waterboarding, others?)/scaremongering/ extraordinary renditions/Guantanamo/Unknown Civilian casualties in both Iraq and Afghan (when did we stop caring about that now..) /wiretaps....surely more

The above is how the US Administration has benefited or leeched from 9/11, these are facts without the need for a grand conspiracy. To say there were none is just baseless.

Whether they may have caused the event to happen or had anything got to do with it is another persons long, drawn out, unending and pointless internet bitchfight.

Dude. Pretext for the Invasion of two countries/unending war on terrorjism/ suspension of prisoners rights/torture(waterboarding, others?)/scaremongering/ extraordinary renditions/Guantanamo/Unknown Civilian casualties in both Iraq and Afghan (when did we stop caring about that now..) /wiretaps....surely more

Fair point, Not exactly benefits, although apart from civilian casualties, the others have all had a positive effect in our safety imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

The cheek to question?!? It's of utmost importance that people question. Or are we to blindly swallow the words of our leaders? :rolleyes: As for the benefits, it's already been answered by Nick.

And, +1, Jim is a legend. Might wake up a few more people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Fair point, Not exactly benefits, although apart from civilian casualties, the others have all had a positive effect in our safety imho.

And where would be the proof of this? Whos safety? The Americans? Tourists?

Its amazing how quickly we all became tagets of terrorism that could strike at any time any place specifically after that day. Its as if terrorjism never existed before this. You have a better chance of being molested by harold shipman than being a terrrorism victim. Although that depends largely on your definition of terror.

I might draw comparison to invading someones country with a baffling motive and killing their civilians with terror. But thats just me. Who cares about the dead right? Collaterral damage and all that. Hi ho.

Advertisement