Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda badges

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

creggy wrote: »
    Today in Finglas, I saw a Skoda hatchback with VW alloys. The badge was removed as well.

I'll look out for more of these imposters!!

How do you know they are VW alloys? The exact same alloys are used on both VW's and Skodas, its just the manufacturers badge in the middle thats different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

yellow012 wrote: »
    How do you know they are VW alloys? The exact same alloys are used on both VW's and Skodas, its just the manufacturers badge in the middle thats different.

Works safe but has a bad word in it. :eek:

Wouldn't touch any eurobox, japs all the way! (Jap-built)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mkdon05 wrote: »
    skoda and vw were the exact same*,

*Always skoda drivers advocating that notion

Of course it is. Why would VW drivers go on about how the could have saved money buying the same car for less money?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

yellow012 wrote: »

Well it had the VW badge in the middle of the alloys so, I just assumed they wore VW alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I was in carlow today and saw a 98 octavia est with the badge missing on the back. In fact it looked like it has been painted over or somthing.

Couple years back I seen a 96 ibiza with a vw badge scrunched on the back beside the reg plate.

If I were in the market for a vw or a skoda I would buy the vw because I would feel I did not skimp on the cheaper clone. Maybe the vw would hold it's value longer anyways because it is
    more desirable perhaps and better looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

the Superb is built in china and sold as a vw Passat:pac:
    Ive seen two felicia pickups with vw badge on the grille and caddy on the
    rear panel.:rolleyes: and I too have seen lots of badges missing from skodas.
    but it isnt the first time that badges have dissappeared off skodas as this
    also happened in the UK during the 1980s. no wonder :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Drove a brand new 70kw (whatever power that is) VW Golf plus for 2 weeks in europe recently on holiday. & used to own a polo a few years back.
    Currently I own a 01 fabia 1.4
    Would I spend my hard earned money on a VW?
    Not a chance.

... ps: must check my badge to make sure its not loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

guys, relax.
    look over my posts and see that I regularly recommend Skodas over their VW and Audi cousins.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    guys, relax.
    look over my posts and see that I regularly recommend Skodas over their VW and Audi cousins.

Mostly for the boot space though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Stekelly wrote: »
    Mostly for the boot space though. :pac:
    LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

maoleary wrote: »

That pic makes no sense to me. I can't even tell if it's pro or anti Skoda... :confused:

tuxy wrote: »
    That pic makes no sense to me.

Especially seeing as when all actually is said and done it's a VW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Lads if world war two hadn't happened, you would be talking about Skoda with the same level of respect as some of you have for BMW and Mercedes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Auto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

chinese vw passat v6 ....... or should it be a czech skoda superb? which came first? and does skoda design its own cars or does Wolfsburg design everything and decide which model gets one or all of the VAG badges?
    1.jpg
    they are the contemporary equivalent of british leyland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

maoleary wrote: »

Except most japs seem to built in Europe nowadays!

Advertisement