Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you rate AoC?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of picking it up as i am bored farming honor for the new s2 that will be out in wow in a few weeks zzzzz

Aoc any good worth picking up ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

worse. game. ever.

tbh its too early in the day for people to have formed an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Im thinking of picking it up as i am bored farming honor for the new s2 that will be out in wow in a few weeks zzzzz

Aoc any good worth picking up ?

I know nothing about it and bought it just to have something to do. The way I see it €40 for a months distraction in a new game is worth it, if it starts to get boring at that stage I just won't renew the subscription. Better value for money that what you would get for €40 else where.

Saying that I haven't actually started it yet (damn exams) so I might be regretting it on my first day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Fundamentals are great, really enjoying it but there's alot of missing content like traders aren't in the game so most people who've started crafting are sitting with full bags of stuff you can't vendor or store. Class balance is obviously way off(haven't seen this at 80 but I'd imagine it's pretty accurate anyway) as is expected of a new MMO and there's alot of bugged spells and feats. 50+ content is severely lacking so far. Might just be lapse in content, haven't read up on what 60+ is like should see in the next few days.

In my opinion it will be a brilliant game, but right now I see this as more of an extended beta without character wipes. Can't really say it's a top quality game, but even still it's a load of fun so far and things can only get better!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah, I'd agree with that. There's a lot they need to do to polish this up. I'm still loving it though. There's loads of potential & plenty we haven't seen yet, such as sieges, player-built cities or whatever. I think it can only get better. I'm not worried too much about any lack of content, because I'm sure that will come.

For €40 or whatever, it really is worth picking this up & finding out for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just remembered something that I saw when installing the game and creating an account on the opening day. When I had created the account, I got a message saying that I had 30 days free in the game from the launch date 23rd May. Now it might just have popped up because that was the date I created it, but just have a look if you're creating a new acocunt that you're getting the full 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

humanji wrote: »
    I just remembered something that I saw when installing the game and creating an account on the opening day. When I had created the account, I got a message saying that I had 30 days free in the game from the launch date 23rd May. Now it might just have popped up because that was the date I created it, but just have a look if you're creating a new acocunt that you're getting the full 30 days.

I noticed that when i installed y'day and felt it was a complete gip but i think it gave me the full 30 days all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah, I noticed that too! I'm waiting for my new rig to arrive so I can't actually play yet. I was trying to log in to their official forums yesterday using my game's key but when I saw that you had to actually fully register (eg credit card and all) just to access the forums, I decided to hold off until I got my new machine delivered, so I cancelled the sign up. I did notice that "30 Free Days From the Launch Date May 23rd" which seems unbelievably cheeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I have not bought it yet. Probably grab in in the next few days.

Will someone answer me this: When I buy it will I get 30 free days YES OR NO

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yes. Said so when I was registering my key on the account page.

Maximilian wrote: »
    Yes. Said so when I was registering my key on the account page.

What date did you register on?

• Advertisement

Last Friday. The release date.

Right, but that doesn't confirm if you register today that you'll get the 30 days. As the posts above mention, people are getting notices telling them the free 30 days is from the Launch Date, and not from the time they activate their individual accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I registered my account on the 25th and it says on my account page I can play until the 25th of June. So yes, you get 30 days free.

It even says so on the back of the DVD case.

That's grand. It must of just be automated then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im loving it so far,best looking MMO out there,simply amazing visuals.
    More importantly the gameplay is excellent.
    The combat system makes all other MMOs seem ridiculous and for once i really feel like im fighting instead of clicking on icons to mage my guy fight.
    So far a very fun experience,looking forward to some raids later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Thanks for clearing that up lads.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im loving it so far,best looking MMO out there,simply amazing visuals.
    More importantly the gameplay is excellent.
    The combat system makes all other MMOs seem ridiculous and for once i really feel like im fighting instead of clicking on icons to mage my guy fight.
    So far a very fun experience,looking forward to some raids later on.

Good to hear. I have great hopes for this.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up lads.

Good to hear. I have great hopes for this.

Let me put it this way - I'm enjoying it in much the same way as I enjoyed WoW when I first started playing that. LOTRO didn't do it for me at all but this does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I was sold when i had to fetch a whores blood to switch with a vergins to piss a god off, rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Vergin is that like a vegetarian virgin :p

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    I was sold when i had to fetch a whores blood to switch with a vergins to piss a god off, rofl

heh, I lolled too when I had to do that yesterday.

Also at this from the server forum
    Definitely got some tards on this server. Got accused of being a 'pedo' because I was near a child npc and then was given 5 seconds to give the guy (who was 12 levels above me) 20 tin or die. Needless to say, it turned into me snaring him, followed by about 10 minutes of me running away with him right behind me. /yawn

So yeah be prepared to pvp and deal with gankers alot (if you roll on a pvp server) although I have to say I havn't had many problems with pvp (most people seem more interested in lvling up at the moment) and if you dont want a fight it's normally easy enough to run away

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    heh, I lolled too when I had to do that yesterday.

Also at this from the server forum

So yeah be prepared to pvp and deal with gankers alot (if you roll on a pvp server) although I have to say I havn't had many problems with pvp (most people seem more interested in lvling up at the moment) and if you dont want a fight it's normally easy enough to run away

There is no penalty for dying, so what bother paying? If you get griefed, change instance. Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

What's the levelling like? Is it a grind?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

silvine wrote: »
    Damned quick. You'll pretty much go "ding ding" with your first two kills. Loads of quests as well which don't take much time to complete. The first 20 level's go by nicely as well with the single player story driven aspect.

There are some "fetch wolverine intestines" and "Kill X bears" type quests but they are nowhere near as irritating as the ones on WoW for example. Its helped as well by the fact that combat is enjoyable.

Mobs respawn quickly and almost always drop the bits you need. The quests never outstay their welcome.

Sounds interesting. I got sick of repititive quests in WOW. Has anyone made it higher than 20? I've searched the net for reviews but there's very little up yet?

I've heard from a few over 20 who are loving it. Sadly, I keep starting new characters to see what they're like, so I've a load of lvl 11-15's that I'm going to have to settle on. I blame the Funcom!!! :D

Sounds interesting. I got sick of repetitive quests in WOW. Has anyone made it higher than 20? I've searched the net for reviews but there's very little up yet?

I've a mid-20's char. There seems to be almost too much to do at the moment. Tons of quests but I find myself just exploring for now. It opens up a bit once you hit 20. For example Mining, skinning etc. becomes available. Plus a few otehr things.

Hop off the fence lads, you'll like or love this.

So what sets it apart from WOW?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So what sets it apart from WOW?

The amazing combat for a start.
    Did i mention the stunning graphics?
    Sounds especially combat sounds are just great.
    Quests seem a lot more thought than any mmo ive played.
    The whole atmosphere and experience make this an amazing mmo so far.
    I reckon this is gonna keep me busy for a hell of a long time and thats even before raids and pvp not to mention the siege pvp :)

Put it this way ive cancelled both my wow and lotro subs as they seem boring by comparison.

Advertisement