Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Car - Saab 93 Honda Accord .... ??

Options
  • 26-05-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Well firstly I want a 159 and I just can't see the numbers coming around to my favour :-( ...there aren't enough second hand ones out there to get a good price

Currently I have a company 407 which I like but it's very very thirsty (1.8 petrol) and I am considering getting my own car on an allowance (as the company rules might change and the fuel car removed from us except for business miles)

I would have aprox €25K to spend, this would leave me €200 a month for fuel and tax. I would do only about 10K miles a year, max 15K 90% city driving so I was thinking of a diesel.

I'm looking at a Saab 93 or Honda Accord at the moment, it looks like you can get good value on both of these if you import from the UK and this saving would get better after july with the VRT changes as both will be on lower VRT rates.

Anyone have any comments on the fuel efficiency of either of these, the comfort and reliability etc etc also is there anything else I should have a look at (the new Mondeo looks ok not not sure about fords) I'm not really into beemers

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

AFAIK Honda Accords are going with a bit of a deal these days because the new model is comming in soon. There all trying to get rid of the old ones before then. That said, itll probably be out of your budget for a new 08 one.

Our '04 Accords never given any grief. Reliable as a wood buring stove, not that the milage we put on it really tested its limits <10000 a year. A1 for comfort, fuels not too bad either but I cant rhyme off number for ya.

I recommend the Accord, dont have any experience of the Saab but it was a toss up between the Saab or the Accord back in '04 and the Accord won.

Advertisement