Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unbelievable! (someone crashed into my car)

Options
  • 25-05-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

I know the last thread I posted on this was locked, and I'm not trying to have a row or looking for sympathy, so let's not have a repeat of the snide comments from it.

sm_DSCF0692.jpg

sm_DSCF0694.jpg

sm_DSCF0695.jpg

[RANT]Seriously, do people actually look where they're going AT ALL when reversing a car? This is the second time in as many months one of my cars has been hit while stationary outside the house (once outside my own house, once outside my brother's). I'm absolutely furious, to put it very mildly!![/RANT]

And yes, I did get the culprit, but that's not even the point any more. It's going to be a severe pain in the ar$e trying to get this put right because the paint is non-standard for starters, and because of where it was hit. I don't know, I must have been Hitler in a previous life or something....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Sorry to hear that Blasty,

Yea noticed that the paint wasnt standard, it'll need to be pulled by the looks of it.

I dont know how the ins will vue it (early 90's CRX?) but it could be more than the old girl is worth, just hope it aint a loss:o

Keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Don't want to de-rail your thread, and sorry for what happened there...

...but, you seem to have a case of the old tinworm going on there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

looks like your arch is mostly made of rust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

Perhaps getting a to bar fitted. It will definitally save the rear end of your bodywork especially if there is a lot of rot and pon in it. Count your self lucky that you are not driving something fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Your car looks a junker anyway so I wouldn't be too pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

What is that stuff on the tail lights? electrical tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,764 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Phaetonman wrote: »
    Your car looks a junker anyway so I wouldn't be too pissed.

that is uncalled for

Cyrus wrote: »
    that is uncalled for

it is indeed ...Phaetonman, consider yourself warned.

Phaetonman wrote: »
    I am a Troll.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Seriously, why do people get so upset when their not so nice cars have a little bit of superficial damage.

Volvoboy I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth, its against the charter.

• Advertisement

careful_now.jpg

Pheatonman, blastman has every right to be upset about the damage to his car. Some eejit didn't pay attention and he has to suffer the consequences.
    Whether you deem his car to be "nice " or not is not the issue.

Volvoboy officially warned for "faking" a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Dont get me wrong now but in fariness..
    If there is that much rust hidden with fresh paint and filler ...What is the rest of the car like??
    I agree that it should not even be on the road :(

No disrespect intended.

peasant wrote: »
    Volvoboy officially warned for "faking" a quote

/Sits in bold corner:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What model is that, Bman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Sorry to see that Blastman, especially after all the trouble you went to sourcing the car in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tiredmam

Tut tut that is awful, i know id be seriously peed off if i came out and found that. Actually i did one morning, but it was a skip that did the damage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry to hear that blastman.

Despite what the hecklers say, it's soul destroying when someone does that to a car that obviously someone cares about (as opposed to an A to B utility).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

looks like a crx... either way.... it could use some work...

also electrical taped lights.... just asking for a nct failure.... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

jeez thats a rough deal man., dont take any notice of the haters just because it isnt 2008 on the reg with a ferrari badge.,
    did i see this car on a honda site before? hondadublin maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

No offense but he should have done you a favor and rear ended those illegal rear lenzes. You wouldn't stand a chance in court if someone rear ended you and got killed or seriously injured because you have 50% of the vision of those lights masked out. Your insurance would definitely be nullified because of this illegal alteration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Jesus dramatic there run!

Id say those lights are not illegal, they are strange ones but obviously he'd of heard about it already. if they are illegal.

If your driving too close behind him to die as your behind him its still your fault. Can't complain i couldn't see his lights because i was driving too fast as you go through the pearly ones!:rolleyes:

As i have started a thread on this recently i feel for the OP its his car its the second biggest purchase most of us make, and it takes most of our money!!
    So rust or no rust, some GIMP has damaged his car because they cannot drive/park a car. OP hope you get this fixed at least you know who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

Not trying to be smart but do you reakon the fact that your car keeps on being run into is because you've covered your reflecters with tape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Chunks of rust are actually visable on the road under the car. You'd seriously want to take a look at the condition of your body work when you're getting this fixed. No point in painting over rust.

cabrwab wrote: »
    Id say those lights are not illegal, they are strange ones but obviously he'd of heard about it already. if they are illegal.
    Just like those illegal non standard custom registration plates.
    cabrwab wrote: »

If your driving too close behind him to die as your behind him its still your fault. Can't complain i couldn't see his lights because i was driving too fast as you go through the pearly ones!:rolleyes: .
    What if visibility was poor on a wet night and he stopped to turn right and a guy on a motorbike ran up his a** and got killed. It goes to court, dose the Judge state that the person behind is at fault because he did not see the car or dose he say that the masked off reflectors contributed towards the accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

I don't know but is it not always the person behind to be aware. Surely his car would've being NCT'd these would pass/fail no?
    if the lights work do they need to be of a certain size?
    Yeah but the fuzz love nothing more then pulling these guys over to find problems, like custom reg, wrong tinting or too much tinting.
    I'd rather this guys lights infront of me then the sup'd up punto i saw with his heavily tinted rear light cover, making it alot harder to see.

Either way i was just saying that we are missing the point of the substantial damage done to his car under the weird lights around the rust everybody is obsessed about!

What if....

emm .. the car was hit while parked by someone maneuvring in or out a parking spot.

peasant wrote: »
    emm .. the car was hit while parked by someone maneuvring in or out a parking spot.
    His rear parking lights may have been impaired :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Ferris wrote: »
    Not trying to be smart but do you reakon the fact that your car keeps on being run into is because you've covered your reflecters with tape?

Shoulda gone to spec savers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Has anyone given thought to the fact that the OP may have backed into something himself ?

Do I see another dent in front of the wheel down low ? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

For your information, the car was not being driven but was parked up beside my house as I know it needed some work to be done to it. The tape on the rear lights was not done by me, is not to my taste and I have replacement standard lights in the garage to be fitted to the car, so those of you who were worried about my NCT needn't bother (and the tape allows most of the light through anyway). For the information of those same people, the car is taxed and insured in case they thought I might be trying to pull a fast one there, too.

To those that asked, it is a CRX and a bit of a special one as well (despite the work needed :) ). Like I said, I wasn't looking for sympathy and I definitely wasn't looking for snide comments from the ill-informed who think they know everything, I was just ranting about how careless and stupid people are as this is the second time this has happened to me in two months. No matter how many people I have offended with my funny rear lights, I don't think this is justified. I also dread to think what would happen if a smaller target, like a child, had been in the same spot my car was on both occasions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement