Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciaran O'Leary Becomes PaddyPowerPoker Pro

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Conbro wrote: »
    His pseudo americanisms and hyperbole are a chilling example of what can go wrong for decent Irish people when they cross the Atlantic.

lol overexaggeraments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I think most people here miss what PPP actual market is, its the UK market and the European market in general, not the irish market. Ciaran is a excellant player and his coverage of the IO was perfect for the new type of player, but he's not very well known on the local scene or to the non-poker player in Ireland and even more important the UK player. This is why its a odd choice as a tv personality would actually give them more exposure, but I'm sure PP have there reason for doing it and it doesn't seem to be a full sponsorship deal, entry to WSOP, Winter festival and IO, nothing mention about EPT's or WSOP of Europe or WPT events etc.

But I wish him the best of luck as he's a really decent guy and I really hope he picks up another score soon to make him a big name player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Also, if you dont win a CPT event, your not really a player.

And if you do you're definitely not one.

Good luck to Ciaran. Connie is correct in what he says, Ciaran came across very well with the non poker player on the IO commentary.

To a non poker player I'd say Jesse May comes across as a right nob

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

kakak1 wrote: »
    To a non poker player I'd say Jesse May comes across as a right nob

My wife agrees.

Anyway, good luck to Ciaran. His TV commentary might be a little too Darby O'Gill and the Little People for some sophisticates tastes, but on the other hand I'm sure a lot of non-poker players found it delivered what they expect from a TV pundit.

On the other hand, if it's raw charisma they want, Nicky Power was the only logical choice. His exit interview after the 2007 IO is still the greatest piece of poker TV I've ever seen, with or without subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Congrats to Ciaran.

I had a pint with him at the IO, what a sound guy. I heard a lot of people say the same as Conbro, but if you met the guy in person you wouldn't have a bad word to say. Top bloke.

One thing I would say is maybe change the nickname, 'The big C' makes me shudder a little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

doke wrote: »
    My wife agrees.

Anyway, good luck to Ciaran. His TV commentary might be a little too Darby O'Gill and the Little People for some sophisticates tastes, but on the other hand I'm sure a lot of non-poker players found it delivered what they expect from a TV pundit.

On the other hand, if it's raw charisma they want, Nicky Power was the only logical choice. His exit interview after the 2007 IO is still the greatest piece of poker TV I've ever seen, with or without subtitles.

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Reminded me of Gary Linaker commentating on the golf, but it's Paddy Power who are paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

lol:) raw charisma FTW, TY

as you are the second richest man in Ireland if you decide to buy paddypower I'm available for negotiations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Darby O'Gill and the Little People

ppp borrowed the kings costume from the movie

http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/bigc/?area=tutorials

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

No, I actually own that costume and wear it out clubbing some Saturday nights, renting it to Ciaran for the shoot was a nice little earner for me! I store it safely in my wardrobe, away from the envious eyes of the world.... beautiful women are obviously drawn to the green robes like moths to a flame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

i think i'd rather not be sponsored imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

ionapaul wrote: »
    No, I actually own that costume and wear it out clubbing some Saturday nights, renting it to Ciaran for the shoot was a nice little earner for me! I store it safely in my wardrobe, away from the envious eyes of the world.... beautiful women are obviously drawn to the green robes like moths to a flame.

Liar!

They're BCB's pyjama's (I heard).

Advertisement