Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Alright lads i play 5 a side in ringsend, esb sportco on thursday nights at 8. I will be looking for a few players to join up for the next 3 months or so at a cost of around 70 euro. anybody interested give me a reply.
    Im interested in playing Sportsco on Thursday nights if spots still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Hi All.

I'm 22 and desperately looking to get back playing regularly.
    I've played every year competitively, up until to last year, since I was 9. A mixture of college finals & work meant that I couldn't play last season.
    I'm working weekends constantly so cant play again this season.

I'm a fairly decent striker & can also play on the left wing. I have played mostly in the Kildare leagues but also some leinster senior league and league of ireland at u21 level.

I'm basically looking for a team that will be playing their matches on either weekday/weekend evenings preferably based in kildare/west dublin. I don't mind if its an astro league or otherwise, I just want to get back playing ball again as after a year without it I'm frankly cracking up.

Cheers,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dceire wrote: »
    Hi All.

I'm 22 and desperately looking to get back playing regularly.
    I've played every year competitively, up until to last year, since I was 9. A mixture of college finals & work meant that I couldn't play last season.
    I'm working weekends constantly so cant play again this season.

I'm a fairly decent striker & can also play on the left wing. I have played mostly in the Kildare leagues but also some leinster senior league and league of ireland at u21 level.

I'm basically looking for a team that will be playing their matches on either weekday/weekend evenings preferably based in kildare/west dublin. I don't mind if its an astro league or otherwise, I just want to get back playing ball again as after a year without it I'm frankly cracking up.

Cheers,
    Dave

I'll have a bit of that, PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 trigger1979

Deisler wrote: »
    Im interested in playing Sportsco on Thursday nights if spots still going.

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Nickthebubble

whereabouts is Ringsend Trig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Mr Kite

Celbridge all weather Mon / Thurs
    Calling players of average ability to help a long standing game of ball on Monday and Thursday nights at 9pm in Celbridge. 52 weeks of the year in any weather, Nice bunch of lads, good crack but we're struggling, monday will fall by the wayside unless we get regulars.
    Cost is 7 lids a game and feel free to PM me, if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Mr Kite wrote: »
    Celbridge all weather Mon / Thurs
    Calling players of average ability to help a long standing game of ball on Monday and Thursday nights at 9pm in Celbridge. 52 weeks of the year in any weather, Nice bunch of lads, good crack but we're struggling, monday will fall by the wayside unless we get regulars.
    Cost is 7 lids a game and feel free to PM me, if you're interested.

7 lids :O isnt it 5 a side at 50 euro a pop? whats the extra 2 euro for?

i have no idea where celbridge is? and 7euro to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I suggest you google both Ringsend and Celbridge. Maybe add the term map in the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I suggest you google both Ringsend and Celbridge. Maybe add the term map in the search.

Maybe start with 'Ireland', move on to 'Dublin' and work it from there.
    7 lids :O isnt it 5 a side at 50 euro a pop? whats the extra 2 euro for?

I'm pretty sure that depends on where you play. €50 per hour would be fairly cheap I would have thought....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

It's 50 euro an hour out this direction in most places. That astro in Celbridge has always tended to be a rip off though so it might be more expensive.

right-o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    It's 50 euro an hour out this direction in most places. That astro in Celbridge has always tended to be a rip off though so it might be more expensive.

i play out there every so often im pretty sure its 50e :) and like 35ish on weekends and off peak times. not the best quality astro if ya ask me. and your not allowed any type of studded moldy bladed boots ;/

cheers mr derek, bit more helpful than the manc earlier, i've found out where ringsend is now *pardon my only living hear for two months*

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thegreek15

Hi all,

After browsing through the thread I didn't see any posts for Teams looking for the Female Player.
    My Club, Terenure FC are looking for Girls (age 15+) to play during the Summer.

Women’s Summer Soccer
    Terenure FC Women’s Team are looking for new players to join our Club for the 2010 Dublin Womens Summer League.
    The Club will have two Teams for the Summer Season which will cater for Players of positions and all abilities

If you play GAA and would even like to Play in Goal then we will be delighted to have you.
    We have a dedicated Goalkeeping Coach.
    All our Coaches are FAI Qualified.

The Club is also setting up a Schoolgirls Development Academy and we are looking for Girls (Age 6-12) to come along to our Girls Open Day on 18th April (See Website)

Summer Pre-Season Training
    When: Tuesday 6th April
    Time: 6.45pm
    Where: Bushy Park, Terenure, Dublin 6W
    Training Continues each Tuesday and Thursday thereafter, until the League starts

Matches: Every Monday evening, begins May All Games on Southside of City
    Facilities: Club Dressing Rooms in Bushy Park
    We look forward to welcoming you to the Club
    For further information contact:

Send me a PM or Website: www.terenurefc.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Im looking for some info regarding playing a game every week, dying to get back playing. Im looking for maybe an Amateur team or just a few lads to have a game with every week, google is useless when looking for this stuff. Any help appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I play soccer in the Finglas Leisure Centre on Mellowes Road every Monday night but I'm looking to play there more often (any day of the week suits me).

Or I'd be able to play in the following areas: Ashtown, Castleknock, Cabra etc.

If anyone is looking for players then please PM me.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Or I'd be able to play in the following areas: Ashtown, Castleknock, Cabra etc.

Hello :)

there's a thread in the Dublin 15 Forum where they run a weekly 5-a-side in the Coolmine area

Here it is

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055844633

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Thank Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

I play in the MDL but we're finished now for the summer so if anyone knows anyway regular games/league etc within reasonable driving distance from Drogheda please let me know, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shsh_shah

hi,

I want to play soccer in malahide/portmarnock just as friendly around so we are two people would join any existing teams.

Would be great if playing on weekends

regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 chriscross1

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

We're a man short for 5-a-side tonight in the Postal Club on the Kiltipper Road in D24 for 9pm. PM me if you're on for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shsh_shah

hi frank,

sorry i will be mainly looking for in areas like portmarnock/malahide ... thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 33 charlie1234

Just wondering if there were any teams that would be suitable for a college student in South Dublin. I can play a bit but I haven't played for a team since I was about 14 (21 now). Want to get back into it for next year. I wouldn't be 100% fit at the moment but I plan to get fit over summer. I'm looking for a 2nds/3rds team ideally. I'd like to play in a league with training but due to college etc.. I can't really commit a 100% so that's why I'm looking for a second or third string team. I've been trying to find some clubs on Google but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Hi all,
    If someone is searching for a place to play soccer with a friendly people on Saturday please PM me for the detailed information and questions.
    We are playing every Saturday on 4 pm in Damastown Way, Blancherdstown.
    People of various nationalities (Irish, Lithuanian, Polish) are playing so there is no problem with language or rules who can join us. All in good mood and easy going.
    Come and join us! It is free, no money needed!
    As I said - PM me for details.

Also I am looking for place to play soccer more in any location in around 20-30km from Coolock. I am 25 years old. Play soccer for about 10 year now, not professional, would consider myself 3-4 out of 5 maybe, if that matters.
    Could play regularly or randomly invited :]
    Sergej

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

hey guys, desperately looking for a weekly game.
    Would prefer casual/relaxed game on the southside.
    Doesn't matter if it's 5/7/11 a-side, getting my fitness back in shape so I can get back to sports

Whereabouts are you dermo? I'm in rathmines and looking for similar to what you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Whereabouts are you dermo? I'm in rathmines and looking for similar to what you posted

I'm living just off leeson st at the moment but willing to travel within reason for a game

• Advertisement

I'm going to ask around at work mate, if I hear of anything I'll let you know, keep in touch

Advertisement