Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox 3 RC1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

I have cleared the cache but that didn't sort it.

IE7 deals better with it but still stalls every few seconds.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Perhaps its your flash version. Disable flash with noscript.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

Instead I just downloaded an addon to hide all flash adverts, solves problem but now I can't see ads anymore. Doesn't really get to the heart of the matter, but anyhow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Using it instead of Opera now since Digg broke in Opera:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Started using it a few days ago. Im Loving the full page zoom feature, I really needs it for articles since my screen is a 17" laptop screen at 1920x1200. Its also cool that you can actually check whether a site has logged in and you have typed the correct password before you choose to save the password. It has crashed on me a few times randomly though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

downloading now, pretty excited

just uninstalled it there - the drop down address bar you know where it shows you all the sites you've been on it's just a pile of gobbledeegook, whereas in 2 it's an easily read list of sites

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

MooseJam wrote: »
    just uninstalled it there - the drop down address bar you know where it shows you all the sites you've been on it's just a pile of gobbledeegook, whereas in 2 it's an easily read list of sites
    I've found it to work very well if you just type what you want. e.g. For boards usercp start typing 'usercp' in the address bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Sherifu wrote: »
    I've found it to work very well if you just type what you want. e.g. For boards usercp start typing 'usercp' in the address bar.
    Yep you can easily find a site from your bookmarks or recent history by just typing in keywords. Took a little while to get used to it but I think it's great now.

ffkf1.jpg

NotMe wrote: »
    Yep you can easily find a site from your bookmarks or recent history by just typing in keywords. Took a little while to get used to it but I think it's great now.

ffkf1.jpg

look at it it's a big hodge podge of different size and color text, woefull, very hard to find what you are looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

look at it it's a big hodge podge of different size and color text, woefull, very hard to find what you are looking for

It's just different man... I for one like the new thing, it's dead handy for finding sites you found through google and such...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dulpit wrote: »
    It's just different man... I for one like the new thing, it's dead handy for finding sites you found through google and such...

Initially I didn't like the new address bar but its so handy now. I've gotten so used to it that I couldn't live without it. The ability to search the meta data of a site and not just the URL is excellent. It also searches your bookmarks as well as your history. Also if you just type anything into the address bar and hit enter if it can't find it in your bookmarks/history it will default to a google search of it for you.

Also, I like that it highlights, underlines and bolds the words you are searching for. It makes it easier to scan down through the results looking for the relevant link.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

i am using vista home premium 64bit

I can see on the release notes that it downloads to a different folder rather than overwriting firefox2. should i download firefox3 and import settings from version 2?

whats the best way to do it properly without losing all my bookmarks and saved passwords and stuff

thanks in advance

D.

well when i installed 3 all my bookmarks from 2 were there without me doing anything, then I uninstalled 3 and installed 2 again and my bookmarks were still there without me having to do anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

well when i installed 3 all my bookmarks from 2 were there without me doing anything, then I uninstalled 3 and installed 2 again and my bookmarks were still there without me having to do anything

Foxmarks add-on works with FF3 as of today, been especially waiting for this one, found it annoying without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Foxmarks add-on works with FF3 as of today, been especially waiting for this one, found it annoying without it.

there's been a foxmarks beta out since the Firefox 3 beta started. I've been using that.

Advertisement