Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicky Guerrero

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    for example?

her angry face is like a child going "grrrr"

and the speech about the divas was just horrible!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It was intentioned to be. All dialogue is written for those skits and they do multiple takes to make sure what is intented goes over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

That was the whole point of it in the first place! She is out there to make sure you boo the hell out of her, to make sure you don't like her. She's out there to purposely get on your nerves!

Man, some people just aren't getting this, are they?

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

I don't disagree with you about the 'hamminess' of her acting/presentation, Rovert, but I think that the fact that the WWE are fine with this, is a reason why so many people are losing interest in the SD! product. I know I am for one.

I've no problem with this style of acting on its own, per se, but this is SD's biggest feud, I think it should be less "cheesy". I'd rather see this 'punch and judy show' on a lower mid-card. And Edge is better that this, I feel.

Just my personal thoughts on it.

Look at the history of Smackdown since 2002 when they started bringing GM's in, How anyone can say Vickie is horrible after the year we had to put up with Stephanie McMahon's grating squeaky voice. Not to mention the horrible storylines involved. Signing Zack Gowan to spite Vince, a story that reeked of cheese. Even her part on the talent steal from brand to brand was so bad, that Bischoff had precious little to work with.

By comparison, with Vickie, you've never had it so good! ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Look at the history of Smackdown since 2002 when they started bringing GM's in, How anyone can say Vickie is horrible after the year we had to put up with Stephanie McMahon's grating squeaky voice. Not to mention the horrible storylines involved. Signing Zack Gowan to spite Vince, a story that reeked of cheese. Even her part on the talent steal from brand to brand was so bad, that Bischoff had precious little to work with.

By comparison, with Vickie, you've never had it so good! ;)
    VR!

:D Fair cop!

But still SD! had hardly been that enjoyable for me since about '03/'04! Maybe I'm just too serious about it, or that SD! is aimed at a younger audience, I dunno.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    I don't disagree with you about the 'hamminess' of her acting/presentation, Rovert, but I think that the fact that the WWE are fine with this, is a reason why so many people are losing interest in the SD! product. I know I am for one.

I've no problem with this style of acting on its own, per se, but this is SD's biggest feud, I think it should be less "cheesy". I'd rather see this 'punch and judy show' on a lower mid-card. And Edge is better that this, I feel.

Smackdown's ratngs sre fine considering the slip in Raws

I agree that it hurts Edges crediblilty as a main event and he is not as "dangerous" and edgey compared to the Rated R days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Who or what is MSTK?

It short for Mystery Science Theater 3000. And I could really picture her being in one of there movies.

The point of the matter is that this women has no right being on TV.
    It's like they took some random wierdo of the street stuck her in a wheelchair & gave her a mic.

Like I said I don't blame the women. If someone offered me job with really good money involved that I had no experience doing I'd take it. I blame the crap writters for it. The last good storyline the WWE came up with was back in 1999. Vikki is like a symbol of what the WWE has become.

It does and it doesn't, the second Edge kicks Vickie to the curb, provided it's done right (making sure Edge isn't turned a face in the process), and the crowd will sympathise with Vickie, Edge will "get his edge back" (bad pun, i know). ;)

VR!

What i would really love to know is why the f*ck can't anyone spell Vickie Guerrero correctly? It's like people who mis-spell "Micheals", it's f*ck annoying!
    tdv wrote: »
    The point of the matter is that this women has no right being on TV.
    It's like they took some random wierdo of the street stuck her in a wheelchair & gave her a mic.

She's doing a better job of that role than Kurt Angle did a few years back. She's no Paul Heyman in the role, but for what the role is worth, she rubs the fans up the wrong way and does a great job of it, exactly the point of a heel GM does! And with all due respect, but who are you to judge if she has or has no right to be on TV? Because i'd like to see you go out there and see if you can get that kind of reaction. :)
    Like I said I don't blame the women. If someone offered me job with really good money involved that I had no experience doing I'd take it. I blame the crap writters for it. The last good storyline the WWE came up with was back in 1999. Vikki is like a symbol of what the WWE has become.

You must have about 20 volumes of the best of Vince Russo then! Which storyline would you be refering to here exactly? Where Boss Man cooked Al Snow's dog? Bob Holly because "hardcore" hoping people would forget Bombastic Bob, or Thurman Sparky Plugg?, Billy Gunn's attempt at main event or Big Slow winning the championship belt?

Sorry, WWE has improved a lot since then, HHH v Flair series in 05, Rey v Eddie series in 05, Shawn v Jericho program in 03 to name three good examples right there. But each to their own I guess.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Anyone who can garner that much heat, whether intentional or not, is ok in my book. Anytime someone reports the Smackdown spoilers they say that it is so defeaning that they can barely make out what she is saying. The key issue is that the crowd are reacting and are not being silent.

It's so disappointing that Edge won't get drafted to Raw as it would present a great scenario for the wedding. Now that he wouldn't need Vicki anymore he could dump her right in the middle of the vows. How awesome would it be if Edge started out being all nice and loving in his vows, and then it slowly descends into a hate filled speech about he was just using her and dumps her on the spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Anyone who can garner that much heat, whether intentional or not, is ok in my book. Anytime someone reports the Smackdown spoilers they say that it is so defeaning that they can barely make out what she is saying. The key issue is that the crowd are reacting and are not being silent.

It's so disappointing that Edge won't get drafted to Raw as it would present a great scenario for the wedding. Now that he wouldn't need Vicki anymore he could dump her right in the middle of the vows. How awesome would it be if Edge started out being all nice and loving in his vows, and then it slowly descends into a hate filled speech about he was just using her and dumps her on the spot?

as awesome as when Triple H did the same thing 6 years ago?

I don't see the similarity. It was portrayed to look like that HHH was obviously at the end of the tether with Stephanie, I think everybody saw it coming that he was gonna humiliate her during the renewal of the vows.

But with Edge/ Vicki, it's unpredictable as to how it will end. Something is going to ruin the wedding. Whether it be Mysterio, Undertaker, Chavo, her daughters or Edge himself it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I do find it funny that a little mexican woman that has only become part of the business ,in a long time onscreen capacity anyway, can garner the heat that about 80% of the locker room can only DREAM of, Sgt Slaughter in 1991 type heat that woman generates, and more power to her

krudler wrote: »
    I do find it funny that a little mexican woman that has only become part of the business ,in a long time onscreen capacity anyway, can garner the heat that about 80% of the locker room can only DREAM of, Sgt Slaughter in 1991 type heat that woman generates, and more power to her

Exactly. I have to commend her, and I think it's unfair to say that it is heat because she's crap. I think she has really grown into the GM Role. For instance the SD after One Night Stand, she knew when to stop and let the fans at it and she knows what vibes to send out to the crowd.

Advertisement