Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Event Part 2

Options
  • 17-05-2008 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

Okay, since the summer is here(ish) maybe its time for the next event. How about the weekend of the 28th of June. That would still give us time for another large event in august.

of course the big question is where?

fellow airsofters what say ye!!!

Which site? 82 votes

GTAC
    0% 0 votes
    Drogheda
    53% 44 votes
    HRTA
    46% 38 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

fall kudos for wanting more , one problem gtac is the only site big enought outside hrta ,

il say hrta if nonex is intrested il even give a hand organiseing,

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Not true at all, Drogheda has buckets of space, it could easily take the same amount as G-Tac did.
    HRTA would be interesting though with a similar crowd.

Again, it's up to the players to decide.
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Would 2/3 acres be enough to host this event?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055293821

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Would 2/3 acres be enough to host this event?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055293821
    nope, it wouldn't. I also have to ask you not to pimp your site outside of your own thread.

I'd love to go to GTAC again for this.

Falls: Ill add a poll if you don't mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not true at all, Drogheda has buckets of space, it could easily take the same amount as G-Tac did.
    HRTA would be interesting though with a similar crowd.

Again, it's up to the players to decide.
    Steve

Agreed. Drogheda would be very suitable for this kinda thing. Since we've played Gtac, and most people know HRTA off by heart, and Cork is still under developement afaik, I think Drogheda is the prime choice here. It gets my vote.

Can anyone post some updated pics of Drogheda?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

June to soon
    why not some time in July like the 5th:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

hi guys falls are you at it again :D if we are picked we would love to hold it again , we were in the process of organising a similar event ourselves in the summer anyway but falls beat us to it as usual :D but best of luck to all the sites its about bringing of our community together regards evelyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i voted gtac but i'm wondering why sac is not on the list is it too small?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

kdouglas wrote: »
    nope, it wouldn't. I also have to ask you not to pimp your site outside of your own thread.

I'd love to go to GTAC again for this.

Falls: Ill add a poll if you don't mind?

Sorry for this, just asking a question but you are right, it was late and I had a few beers and I was to lazy to type so I just linked my thread:o

Having said that I do think that Drogheda would be a great venue for this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i was unable to make the last event do if another one is in the works count me in, knowing as far in a advance is this is a go will help, i would remove cork from the list i a lovely site but not the room to conduct anything of this size in the current form, know if future plans go thought then it could be different but thats for another thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i suppose its time for the sites to pitch their case for this. I think with any event this size it needs to have the facilities (water toilets, food etc) , the size, the camping space, the accessibility, the parking, the etc.

I think as we mature as an airsort sport we can begin to move to more complex or more integrated games. By this i mean rather then a series of seperate games, we can move to objective based weekend...this would mean we can have a series of games people can join in as they seem fit but also as part of a team and that build on each other each depending on how you did in the previous campaign. by way of example, if you loose in the first round then, you go on the defensive in the second. This would mean that the existing teams we have in airsoft can play as units with a defensive or offensive objective.

despite what you might think this would be easier to do then you might think but it does require a game plan for the 2 days.

thats just my opinion however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Yea Cork is to small for this Kind of event, Thanks for adding us to the list anyway :)
    Ill be at this event for sure where ever it is.
    Will also hassel the club members to come along. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Theres also Red Hammer in Predator Combat Games at the start of August.
    Could be an idea to organise a big group to go up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Drogheda, If its big enough we may aswell try it out.

Theres also Red Hammer in Predator Combat Games at the start of August.
    Could be an idea to organise a big group to go up there.

We're very interested in that one. A big group yes. A super sized group like last time, no. There were too many last time IMO. Also, we need to get booking conformations for every player for heading accross the border with guns so it would probably be easier if we organised it as a group.

Moto: Its big enough alright.

hi guys falls are you at it again :D if we are picked we would love to hold it again , we were in the process of organising a similar event ourselves in the summer anyway but falls beat us to it as usual :D but best of luck to all the sites its about bringing of our community together regards evelyn

i think the more if these events the better....i guess just as long as we all dont compete..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

I dont care where it is! BRING IT ON!:D:D:cool:

well then if not HRTA then G-TAC martin and evelyn put on an excellent event ,its got the facilitys camping ,food,space,

i dont think any other site comes close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

How about the weekend of the 28th of June. That would still give us time for another large event in august.

of course the big question is where?

fellow airsofters what say ye!!!

If there is an evening part to this or if it is an evening game then count me in for the weekend. Definitely be able for the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I don't want to seem like a moaner, especially as I don't post on these forums as often as I'd like and therefore am not known to many here, but, if this is supposed to be an 'All Ireland' event, then why are only sites in ROI listed in the poll? :confused:

FRV & Predator would easily be capable of hosting something like this.

That said though, I've yet to play at a site in ROI, so would be interested in it whereever it's held. Unfortunately, I don't drive, so my attendance will depend on dragging someone else with me or else using public transport. Hopefully the date and location will suit me though.

Whereever it ends up being held, can I ask the site running it to please post details over on ASI?

• Advertisement

well thats my fault for the typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Then it's not an All Ireland event then?

see the problem as said is you dont drive ,some of us dont drive either more than one person sharing that boat , from your post i didnt realise the first event wasnt posted on asi ,

the northern sites havent been ruled out for an event as far as im aware but with the VCR and logistics just make's it harder for us with out transport,

but the all ireland events are going to be regularly held ,so if the northern sites are available to host the events they should let it be known

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ASI Casper wrote: »

This occured to me earlier. The "All Ireland" title wasn't meant to offend anyone, the original all Ireland idea was mainly a get together of everyone on this forum from all over Ireland and as far as I know it was only advertised via this forum, so it was more of a "everyone that posts on boards in Ireland" event.

I added the poll to the thread and to be honest there's more sites than that in ROI that I didn't add either, HRTA/Drogheda and GTAC are the only ones possibly big enough for this at the moment and I wasn't sure about Cork so I just threw it in.

There is also the added complication of the VCRA, as of yet, it still remains unclear as to the legalities of us going across the border with airsoft equipment. I know everyone can say "ah sure you wont have a problem" but saying it doesn't make it legal and until that problem is absolutely and definitely cleared up, it cannot be discussed here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ASI Casper wrote: »

I can see where your comming from but would we all have to have silly coloured AEGs if we went to play up there? we wouldnt be registered skirmishers in the UK or am i missing something?.,

vtec wrote: »
    I can see where your comming from but would we all have to have silly coloured AEGs if we went to play up there? we wouldnt be registered skirmishers in the UK or am i missing something?.,

I thought it was discovered that if we had a confirmed booking on paper and a letter from the site involved that that would qualify as a "specific defense"...is this not so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

well, ya know how grey areas are in this sport, id be a bit wary of getting pulled over north of the border and loosing all my kit without having it writen in stone or so to speak, before hand.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

This should be held in july like 10th or some time like that. After the junior cert at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Oglon93 wrote: »
    This should be held in july like 10th or some time like that. After the junior cert at least

Can I just point out that the junior cert and leaving cert are over before the 28th.

• Advertisement

just hope all those who plan on actuly attending the next event pays upfront in full ,to save all the messing over bookings and failing to turn up

Advertisement