Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ann Summers Parties

Options
  • 16-05-2008 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hey ladies,

I would like to arrange an Ann Summers party but when I try to fill in the form on the website it demands a UK postcode. I have heard of them happening in Dublin so I'm sure there's a way around it. Anyone know?

I had one years ago when I was at college in Derry and it was brilliant fun. Anybody got any horror stories about pushy reps etc?

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest call in to the shop in person or ring them and ask for one of thier reps to get in touch with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Why do people insist on holding parties in this womans honour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I read this thread without logging on, and these three ads were between 2 posts..

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

Depending on what part of the country you're in, you'll get assigned a particular rep. Attended one a couple of months ago with this rep http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=6410551762 and it was FANTASTIC, great craic, but again, like I said, depends on where you're living and she was in north Dublin. Best of luck, it's savage fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Am I the only one that thinks these type of things are the most boring things ever and finds nothing remotely 'hilarious' about dildos or underwear? Have often wondered this.

I see people screeching with laughter at the sight of a plastic willy and I just dont get it. Whats funny about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Why do people insist on holding parties in this womans honour?
    Woman? You mean 'brand'.

The AS range is horribly tacky to even us edumacated blokes. An old baggy tee-shirt and a come-hither look beats the most rib-cage crushing basque anyday.

I'm far from being a prude, but most of the AS products make me wanna hurl.

Peared wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks these type of things are the most boring things ever and finds nothing remotely 'hilarious' about dildos or underwear? Have often wondered this.

I see people screeching with laughter at the sight of a plastic willy and I just dont get it. Whats funny about it?

ah c'mon - are you telling me a girl dressed up as a guard waving a squeeky truncheon isn't a LITTLE funny :) an AS party isn't all about vibrators... that's just a tiny part of it (excuse the pun) although, seriously, holding a bright multicoloured vibrator that ripples and bobs and thrusts... *giggle*.. just immature fun

plus, I think the hilarious laughter at an AS is less to do with a plastic willy, and more about a gaggle of girls consuming alcohol and having a bit of craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

aviendha wrote: »
    ah c'mon - are you telling me a girl dressed up as a guard waving a squeeky truncheon isn't a LITTLE funny :) an AS party isn't all about vibrators... that's just a tiny part of it (excuse the pun) although, seriously, holding a bright multicoloured vibrator that ripples and bobs and thrusts... *giggle*.. just immature fun

plus, I think the hilarious laughter at an AS is less to do with a plastic willy, and more about a gaggle of girls consuming alcohol and having a bit of craic :D

Totally agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ladt_t

Hi, I'm a manager for ann summers, if you would like to book a party I can arrange it. You can visit my website, www.annsummersnights.com for my contact details. Thanks Tara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Each to their own, it's a chance to mess around and act like an idiot and be childish with (hopefully) others in the room doing the same.

I've been to one and it was such great fun! It was my friends birthday and she was mxing college & home friends together for the first time, was a fantastic ice breaker!! We all got on brilliantly, even the shy girls!!

Things like everyone getting a dirty or silly name, playing the games... (anyone who played the balloon or marshmallow game will know what i'm talking about,) trying on the costumes etc is hilarious as is people sharing dirty little sex secrets and doing something funny to win a prize!

I'd love to go to another one!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Peared wrote: »

I went to a male strip show as part of a Hen night. I cringed all night while all screamed around me and interfered with the strippers as if they'd never seen a man before. Not my idea of fun to have a total stranger attempt to rub his crotch in my face.:mad:

I went to a male strip show as part of a Hen night. I cringed all night while all screamed around me and interfered with the strippers as if they'd never seen a man before. Not my idea of fun to have a total stranger attempt to rub his crotch in my face.:mad:

Now this, I agree with you. Male strippers just don't do it for me personally - it's just a bit embarrassing and I would cringe too!!

aviendha wrote: »
    Now this, I agree with you. Male strippers just don't do it for me personally - it's just a bit embarrassing and I would cringe too!!

I have never seen a decent male stripper tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

LadyE wrote: »
    I have never seen a decent male stripper tbh

Should be interesting..me either:).

Should be interesting..me either:).

Interesting how?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks gals, I contacted that first girl off bebo and its all arranged now. And the people who said it are totally right- its just about a gang of girls having a bit of a giggle and a few drinks. I know some people think its sleazy or whatever- but its just really great fun! Everyone should give one a go!

I remember when I had ones years ago, I lived with a girl who was very shy and a wee bit prudish. i was trying to convince her it wouldnt be tacky and would just be a laugh, but she felt uncomfortable and decided to go to the pub instead. Anyway, a couple of beers in in the pub and she decided to come home early and gave it a go anyway. She walked into the living room as one girl was lying on the floor with a walnut whip between her legs and another girl was licking the cream out!

My poor flatmate looked absolutely horrified and ran up the stairs as fast as she could! Unfortunate timing!:D

Thumpette wrote: »
    She walked into the living room as one girl was lying on the floor with a walnut whip between her legs and another girl was licking the cream out!
    ...yet when two guys try it...

But honestly....AS products are horribly tacky and overpriced. Still...if it makes you giggle...what harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Most of my friends do ann summers and any party i have ever had has been great crack:D

OP i can pm you her details if you want:D

---edit--- oops i see your already sorted:D

have a great night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pvla

Ann Summers Parties for all those interested...

Its a Naughty but Nice fun night in for all the girls.

Its Free and Fun, Held in the comfort of your own home, Try before you buy, The host gets 10% from total sales to order what she likes, You may qualify for special host gifts, change to play exclusive Ann Summers games etc...

YOU HOST YOUR PARTY ON WHATEVER DAY AND TIME IT SUITS YOU.......

All purchases made are strictly private and confidential.. no one knows what you buy and all deliveries and returns are free.

And if you have previously held or attended a party that is more reason to host another as we are constantly getting new stock, games, competitions and offers and each hostess offers something different

SO WHY NOT???

so for your ULTIMATE GIRLS NIGHT IN call now: <snip>

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

pvla banned for spamming

• Advertisement

Good work Zaph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Those rubber boobs are very real :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Years ago I was going out with a girl who was from tallaght. She was living in the uk at the time and knew nothing of these parties. A friend asked her if she wanted to go to one and she said 'ah sure, will get something for the kids' She got it confused with pippa dee party! The face on the girl who was holding it was a picture! I laughed like a drain. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

My friend had one recently and we had such a laugh. A brilliant girly night. Lots of cocktails and giggles. I couldn't even tell you what people bought. All we wanted was to play more games lol

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭STUBBORNGIRL

i was at an ann summers party lastnight and it was brilliant! the girl hosting it had 8 people there and between us we spent a thousand Euro which meant she had 100 euro to spend on anything in the catalogue to that value! The AS rep earned about 250 euro for the night and it was easy money!2hours to be exact! I am thinking of becoming a rep as a result,not for the money but moreso for the craic! There was great craic all around and when the goodies come there will be many a man pleased:)

I will admit it is not for everyone but you know what you are letting yourself in for and if its not your thing then just dont go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 olwyn84

I've bought a lot of stuff from ann summers on o'connell street. I usually head in every month or so. Not any more!! My friend told me about >snip< I paid nearly 80 euro for a rampant rabbit and then I saw it for have the price on that site. Rage!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Yeah, AS is horrifically overpriced and their stuff isn't really that good... however, I'd totally be up for an Ann Summers party for the sheer fun of it. I'm probably the leat prudish person in the world (I once got a dildo taped to a stick as a present) and I would LOVE to sit around giggling with a big gang of girls over vibrators and cocktails! But for everyday purchasing, I tend to stick to online. There's one site I use that's fantastic, great customer service, low prices... I wouldn't buy sex toys anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ann summers lingerie..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    so so nice.......
    what you ladies need is a naked butler to help keep the drinks topped up!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I have to admit i do't like ann summers, i think some of their underwear is nice but mostly very trashy. The party does sound like a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

robtri wrote: »
    what you ladies need is a naked butler to help keep the drinks topped up!!!!!

Maybe Zaph can put a request in with his BGRH friends for the TLL-AS party to help you out there.:p

Advertisement