Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its HOT!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I can't enjoy the weather because of my final year exams. I'm cloistered away in my house 24/7 until the 23rd at least. Guarantee Noah mark #2 will be needing his ark by then. :(

The weather is absolutely beautiful. I only start to suffer at night-time (no bedclothes please!) or if I'm doing some heavy lifting in the daytime, etc. It's not comparable to Montreal in July & August, thankfully! Think humidity loaded temperatures in the mid-forties. Walking from an air-conditioned building into the street in these temperatures is like walking into a nuclear explosion....big wave of heat. Also, apparently my hair in such temperatures starts to look like the picture below:

2wbuo8p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yes well you DO need a haircut. And aparently a breast reduction.

And I've been delighted with the weather... 23 degrees isn't really hot, it's quite perfect. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a fan of 35 to 40 degree weather, but 23 is nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

sueme wrote: »
    For us it was definitely that we would look better tanned, pasty Irish kids that we were (now just pasty). It was seen as "healthy" then. (Well, in my family anyway..)

Pasty Irish kids LOL :D

I've always been pasty. I have 5 brothers, 4 of which have always been pasty too. But my little brother (less than a year between us so we were always together as kids) would look at the sun and turn brown. It used to amaze me.

I can still remember my mother taking to him with a nailbrush when he was about 7 convinced he was filthy! Oh the screams out of him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I bloody work!

But Work is in Strandhill so Wahoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

So hot that the road started melting last week:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/2471676508/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

magnumlady wrote: »
    So hot that the road started melting last week:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/2471676508/

The tar was melting here yesterday aswell. How do hot countries manage to keep roads solid?!

I've to weed my garden, but I'd rather just sit and look at it..

They use better tar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Xiney wrote: »
    They use better tar ;)

What's tar? Oh wait. This isn't Cavan;)
    Boo-hoo everyone. I happen to have two vehicles at the moment. One has leather seats. The other has.....vinyl. It's a case of choose your poison for me these days :(
    Seriously though, until breathing gets tough and sweat actually streams off you like a fat kid chasing an ice-cream van, the warmer the better. Typical of this country. All year looking forward to some nice weather and as soon as the first rays of sun hit us we're burnt, grumpy and dying for an air conditioner.:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,808 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I swear to God if one more person tells me "the weather is due to break tonight!", I'm gonna light me balls on fire (it's my new line... deal with it!).

Someone's been saying that to me every day since fecking last Saturday..

Its GOT to last untill next Saturday. I've Communion and lots of people, and a small house...

Cracking day today. Whos working?

NOT ME!!!

EDIT: Dear Missus Basquille, could you kindly have a word with your dear man, we are becoming all to familar with a certain part of his anatomy, and its not good. Frankly, its disturbing.
    Kinds regards,
    The Internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,870 ✭✭✭✭muffler

basquille wrote: »
    I'm gonna light me balls on fire (it's my new line... deal with it!).
    I'll say one thing for you basquille - you have some balls :D

Almighty God in Heaven we pray for bad weather tonight during the time that Brian is watching Sex in the City

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I swear to God if one more person tells me "the weather is due to break tonight!", I'm gonna light me balls on fire (it's my new line... deal with it!).

its going to break this weekend
    muffler wrote: »
    I'll say one thing for you basquille - you have some balls :D

maybe not for much longer

:D

dont mind the warm weather, its the blasting air conditioning i dont like

was playing football in in last night, great weather, dosed my self in a litre of water afterwards, had a few very nice pints in the strand, its the weather for it, hoping we get a good run out of it

:cool:

You should change your name to yer man who sang the song....now if I could only remember his name that'd be good.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Happy birthday Bobcar,

The drivers window in my car is buggared at the moment. Not pretty when its really warm and I just get into the car......:mad: Still, thank god for Air Cond. Its a godsend in these situations

• Registered Users Posts: 43,808 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, happy birthday bobcar.

Its GOT to last untill next Saturday. I've Communion and lots of people, and a small house...

Cracking day today. Whos working?

NOT ME!!!

nor me

:D

but it cooled down a bit

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

It's breaking......................

......................... need a light?................

hot again, will be sleeping with window open tonight me thinks, room is like an oven

irish-stew wrote: »
    hot again, will be sleeping with window open tonight me thinks, room is like an oven

Crimewatch would love you!
    At least pretend your securely locking up your house for the Internet robbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Too late,I have already stolen his laptop:D...joke!!

It's actually a bit too warm I think,work was like torture today in the shop,was like a giant sauna:(
    And had all the customers coming in saying "oh its lovely outside"...well thanks for rubbing it in:(

• Advertisement

I spent the morning at Rosses Point - was absolutely gorgeous.

I need to move somewhere it's like this all the time.

Oh oh oh!!!! ^^^^^^^LOOK - Its my daughter ^^^^^!!!!!

My baby, I love you girl.

K. I'm pissed. I'm going to bed now.

But shes so... so...so YUM!

LOL

goodnight!!

You go first.

I am so gonna be banned tomorrow. If so.. I LOVE YOU ALL!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Wtf I come back after a nite on the piss to you guy on the piss. Whats the crack then lads? :);)
    Who needs bed, party on!

Welcome to the "being banned in the morning club".
    :o

Welcome to the "being banned in the morning club".
    :o
    Yep which will be worse, the ban or the thumping headache do you reckon? ;)

tuppence wrote: »
    Yep which will be worse, the ban or the thumping headache do you reckon? ;)

Oh Lord, I usually log on first thing while I'm trying to get my head together in the morning, coffee, smoke, relax... :eek::eek::eek:

Can I just state right now. It is HOT. I am ON topic. Oh yes sirree..

Oh Lord, I usually log on first thing while I'm trying to get my head together in the morning, coffee, smoke, relax... :eek::eek::eek:

Can I just state right now. It is HOT. I am ON topic. Oh yes sirree..

How hot is this place anyway, is it as hot a basquille nether regions when he sets light to them! ;):D

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    LOL

goodnight!!

Xiney how did you get that widget on your siggy. I tried and failed.
    To keep on topic, yes it is hot.
    BBQ in the village this afternoon though so at least its not raining:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement