Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its HOT!

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Its 23 degrees upstairs in my house right now.

Sligos melting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sueme wrote: »
    Its 23 degrees upstairs in my house right now.

Sligos melting!

its great, just in from playing football in it, only problem is, my bed room is like an oven in the summer, already started sleeping with the window open

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,870 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What are you doing? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

More water...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

And it isn't fun getting into a car after work that has been parked in the carpark basking in the direct sunlight,its like going into a sauna:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

muffler wrote: »
    What are you doing? :eek:

I'm downstairs on my laptop, why?

Oh ye of filthy minds...

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    its great, just in from playing football in it, only problem is, my bed room is like an oven in the summer, already started sleeping with the window open

:cool:

Show off.

Edit: Robbers!!! Mr Smartypants who's fit enough to play football in this heat has left his window open, and at a wild guess I'd say he's got a computer!

Show off.

tbh, it was more like trying to play football

:o

bobcar61 wrote: »
    And it isn't fun getting into a car after work that has been parked in the carpark basking in the direct sunlight,its like going into a sauna:(

I'm old enough to remember when cars had vinyl seat covers. Oh God it hurt.

You kids, don't know how good you've got it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I cringed just reading that post (not message). :( /shudder

Today was unbelievable. Beautiful though, You can't help but be in great form when the weathers like that! Tomorrow's supposed to be the same! :D

oh god i remember that as well, would get in to the back seat of my parents car, would be hoping around the back seat for a few minutes till i could toleate the heat

:eek:

• Advertisement

takola wrote: »
    I cringed just reading that post (not message). :( /shudder

Today was unbelievable. Beautiful though, You can't help but be in great form when the weathers like that! Tomorrow's supposed to be the same! :D

I met my girl from school today with an ice cold can of coke. I knew she'd be hot and tired, and she's never allowed to have coke or the like, so I thought it would be a nice treat. She took the can with good grace, and then informed me she doesn't like coke, so I had it. :o I tried...

I bet you knew she didn't like coke you just wanted to have an ice cold drink in front of her and make her suffer:eek:

Sorry!

oh god i remember that as well, would get in to the back seat of my parents car, would be hoping around the back seat for a few minutes till i could toleate the heat

It was flipping agony, they'd put us in these daft short shorts and then get us to sit on hot vinyl. I also remember my Mum being delighted if I got some sunburn - oh you'll have a lovely colour! Sunburn was a good thing in those days. :confused:

I bet you knew she didn't like coke you just wanted to have an ice cold drink in front of her and make her suffer:eek:

Sorry!

I was like the "Diet Coke Mum" as opposed to "Man"...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Sorry!

haha snap.

If you really thought she was that warm and needed a refreshing drink you would have let her go into the nearest shop and let her choose what cold drink she wanted along with an ice-cream.

I bet it isn't 23 degrees outside,wonder whats happening upstairs in your house sueme?

It was flipping agony, they'd put us in these daft short shorts and then get us to sit on hot vinyl. I also remember my Mum being delighted if I got some sunburn - oh you'll have a lovely colour! Sunburn was a good thing in those days. :confused:

i was just told to sit still and stop jumping around, yeah i remember the sunburn confusion as well, cant remember the exact reason it was good, think the idea was it helped your skin get used to the sun

:confused:

i was just told to sit still and stop jumping around, yeah i remember the sunburn confusion as well, cant remember the exact reason it was good, think the idea was it helped your skin get used to the sun

:confused:

For us it was definitely that we would look better tanned, pasty Irish kids that we were (now just pasty). It was seen as "healthy" then. (Well, in my family anyway..)

For us it was definitely that we would look better tanned, pasty Irish kids that we were (now just pasty). It was seen as "healthy" then. (Well, in my family anyway..)

or beetroot as i would end up, defently couldn't sit still after that, vinyl seats or not, the sun would only look at me and i would burn, still same now, had the SPF on playin footie this evening just in case

Oldies :D

• Advertisement

Took the words right out of my mouth Muffler

muffler wrote: »
    Oldies :D
    Took the words right out of my mouth Muffler

you two lads just dont want to admit it, your parents had vinyl seat coverings as well

:p

you two lads just dont want to admit it, your parents had vinyl seat coverings as well

:p
    I never seen vinyl on a bicycle seat :eek:

I don't know if they did,I'm too young to know what your talking about really:rolleyes:

I don't know if they did,I'm too young to know what your talking about really:rolleyes:

was back in the 80's, those car seats go so hot was the sun shorn on them

<really showing age now>

was back in the 80's, those car seats go so hot was the sun shorn on them

<really showing age now>

Well I'm 18,19 on Friday,I was born in '89 so no wonder I don't know what your talking about

Happy Birthday Bobcar!

Well not quite yet but thanks in advance

its still hot, could be uncomfortable sleeping tonight

• Advertisement

Saw the weather forecast...going to be 23,24 degrees tomorrow.Thats the same temperture as France,Spain,parts of Italy and all around the Med and its not going to rain here and they have really bad thunderstorms at the moment.
    For once the weather in Sligo is just as good if not better then most of the holiday destinations around the Med:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement