Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worth waiting for? - new dell inspiron laptops

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

What do people think of these?

I was going to get an M1530 in a few weeks time, but now I'm not sure.

The Studio 1535 doesn't have the super high resolution screen, which I liked the look of. It is cheaper though, for similar specs.

Which of the graphics cards is better - 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 or the 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT ?

The Geforce is far the more powerful of the two. However, the Studio does have an LED backlight option which the XPS doesn't. Can't decide myself, the studio does seem like great value.

There's a review on pcmag, which says the studio has inherited all of the XPS strengths and almost none of it's weaknesses, I wish they elaborated on that.

edit. other review is on notebookreview

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭TheCaveman

What do people think of these?

I was going to get an M1530 in a few weeks time, but now I'm not sure.

The Studio 1535 doesn't have the super high resolution screen, which I liked the look of. It is cheaper though, for similar specs.

Which of the graphics cards is better - 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 or the 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT ?

AS it is a laptop, I would go for the 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450, as it have an HMDI port, great if you are hooking it up to your T.V.

Advertisement