Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin online highroller owing half of Dublin money

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

wat
    twat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

nicnicnic wrote: »
    hi Ollie I was meaning to ask you, can you sub me $25,000 to play that new HU tournament on FT I'll pay you back at some stage, honest i will

thats no problem as your always a winner in that field mate, best heads up player in Ireland imo....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't know you, but I would never have any respect for you if I did after this post. How would you like it if someone put something like this up about you?
    It could be done on some other forum without your knowledge or something make up something worse like that you have done something else that is perceived as not popular among your peers.

I would venture that the person concerned obviously has full knowledge of the situation Jay has been left in, and yet has done nothing about it.

Does that not disqualify them from being treated with respect as they have shown none themselves.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

How is it bad form? Why is this not the place for it? It adds absolutely nothing to the debate to post one liner statements like that.

If Jay feels that he has tried to contact XYZ about it several times and didnt get an adequate response then its perfectly fine to let it be publicly know. It serves two purporses, to embaress the loanee, and to warn others.

I know absolutely nothing about this situation, for all I know Jay made the whole thing up. I just think you need to find out the whole story before jumping on him.

I wasnt jumping on anyone, I just said it was bad form.

Im well aware that there must be more to this than meets the eye and all that but its not right. I personally don't agree with it and I would never do it to anyone and would hope people would have the decency not to do it to me.

XYZ has his own problems, as does everyone, but posting these problems, on a public message board where the people he knows/see's regularly all converse is, in my opinion (and Im not jumping on anyone), wrong.

Embarassing someone like this is not the optimal way to solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

eagle eye wrote: »
    twat
    reported.
    personal abuse and name calling is not nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'd like to leave this thread open, because i enjoy a good drama thread as much as the next person. But you have gone about this the totally wrong way.

A thread like this could lead to legal action from anyone who felt they were being libelled/slandered (i forget which is which :pac:)

Jay, you can pm any of the mods with the back story, or an admin, or if the person this thread is about wants to start a thread then fine. But this and any similar threads like it will be locked and ppl banned.

Also, edited personal names out.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its "Libel" when its written (think of Library as a meme).

This is not the final , last straw, saloon. This is not where you come as a last resort. We have small claims courts for that. I feel sorry for anyone in your position Jay, but we are not here to provide a platform for mob justice and "warning" others is all well and good but I'd prefer, since we have no personal/internal knowledge of your claims, not to be dragged into it.

All of these reasons above are why God made www.blogger.com

Go nuts!

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement