Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin online highroller owing half of Dublin money

Options
  • 10-05-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

This thread will not be met with a good reaction from a lot of people, nor do i expect it to, but i'm gone beyond caring. I ll prolly get a ban too which I will regret but hey what can I do.

I have a question....How many people in Dublin does XYZ owe money to. Im just trying to get a number on the list to see how far down it I am.... And if i ever stand a chance of getting re paid.

Please no patronising posts about ''neither a borrower nor a lender be''... I still have a few people I know in poker who I would gladly lend to if they were stuck. The above mentioned obviously does not make my short list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Bad Form imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Surely you could ave just talked to him personally instead. I agree with Steve and think its not the place for this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

in before wat/lock

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are such an idiot posting that up here. Don't know you or the other party concerned but this is way out of line.

A life ban would be good imo.

• Advertisement

Actually I dont even really know the guy and I think this is ridiculous. I feel pretty strongly about this too for some reason.

I dont know you Jay but ****ing hell, on a public internet forum? That most of if not all of the dublin regs read?

Youre way outta line, if you wanted to talk to him that bad Im sure someone would have put you in contact with him. Im not one for publicly humiliating people and this is ****ing ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

How do you know Jay hasnt tried to contact him?

Actually I dont even really know the guy and I think this is ridiculous. I feel pretty strongly about this too for some reason.

I need that monkey back btw

I dont, and I dont know the ins and outs of it Daragh nor do I want to. But this is really really bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

was bout to ask this. sounds like a last resort type of post by op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Jay - UL,

Who cares, this is not the place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

lol :eek:

Onepopcornplz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Now humiliating someone like this seems totally wrong, but yet I have ppl insinuating im busto(when I'm clearly not) allllll the time on these boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

If Jay (who is an absolute gentleman imo) has genuinely tried everything to get his money loaned in good faith back, then its the fault of the person named that this has been posted.

Its taken a lot to have Jay resort to posting this I'd imagine.

Now humiliating someone like this seems totally wrong, but yet I have ppl insinuating im busto(when I'm clearly not) allllll the time on these boards.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

AKQJ10 wrote: »
    Surely you could ave just talked to him personally instead. I agree with Steve and think its not the place for this

Sick of talking to him Mark... Made a dick of me too many times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Jay, I know how you feel and I've been in the same boat too, but your better to stick up a thread about how to deal with people on boards or the poker community in general not repaying debts, I dont think you should mention names as that can go legal etc and you decide to lend the money in good faith, so going puplic like this is not right, but I really know how you feel and it wasn't the above I lent to.

Just to clear a matter up on my behalf, I shall never lend to anyone again as its just impossible to get it back, so dont ask me as I would hate to embarrass anyone in the future.

Jay, do yourself a fav and remove the name. I think the above mention person will get the message now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Hammertime wrote: »
    If Jay (who is an absolute gentleman imo) has genuinely tried everything to get his money loaned in good faith back, then its the fault of the person named that this has been posted.

Its taken a lot to have Jay resort to posting this I'd imagine.

Thank you. I appreciate that. And yes this is a last resort

Even if he has contacted him, i know Jay wouldnt have really stressed that he wanted the money badly. If he mentioned it it wud prob have been like "have u got that monkey by anychance" or watever it was. It would not have been if you don't have the money im gonna post about on the internet

• Advertisement

Ollieboy wrote: »
    legal

sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

To be honest, i'm not sure why this is viewed as such bad form.

As has been said above, it does sound like a last resort post, and i'm pretty sure this is not the first time a boardsie has mentioned being owed money by another well known player.

I'm currently owed a couple of grand by a few people (not gambling related), and if i felt that posting on a message board would pressure them to pay me back quicker, i'd do it. Unfortunately giving them a kicking is -EV legally.

Jayminator wrote: »
    Sick of talking to him Mark... Made a dick of me too many times

Fair enough, Its a tough situation though and i dont think this is the way to help it.

Jayminator wrote: »
    Thank you. I appreciate that. And yes this is a last resort

I don't know you, but I would never have any respect for you if I did after this post. How would you like it if someone put something like this up about you?
    It could be done on some other forum without your knowledge or something make up something worse like that you have done something else that is perceived as not popular among your peers.

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    sigh
    yeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Just to clear a matter up on my behalf, I shall never lend to anyone again as its just impossible to get it back, so dont ask me as I would hate to embarrass anyone in the future.

hi Ollie I was meaning to ask you, can you sub me $25,000 to play that new HU tournament on FT I'll pay you back at some stage, honest i will

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

How is it bad form? Why is this not the place for it? It adds absolutely nothing to the debate to post one liner statements like that.

If Jay feels that he has tried to contact XYZ about it several times and didnt get an adequate response then its perfectly fine to let it be publicly know. It serves two purporses, to embaress the loanee, and to warn others.

I know absolutely nothing about this situation, for all I know Jay made the whole thing up. I just think you need to find out the whole story before jumping on him.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't know you, but I would never have any respect for you if I did after this post. How would you like it if someone put something like this up about you?
    It could be done on some other forum without your knowledge or something make up something worse like that you have done something else that is perceived as not popular among your peers.
    wat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    sigh

Point? If he goes legal at a later stage or XYZ now goes legal over this post etc, as there was no written contract. If you think its far fetch, look at Pat Kenny and he end up paying the legal bill for both sides and still paying for a site he never own in the first place.

I'm just making a point to Jay to be careful.

dont know what your problem with it is!

• Advertisement

Point? If he goes legal at a later stage or XYZ now goes legal over this post etc, as there was no written contract. If you think its far fetch, look at Pat Kenny and he end up paying the legal bill for both sides and still paying for a site he never own in the first place.

I'm just making a point to Jay to be careful.

dont know what your problem with it is!

lol no if that word is mentioned on boards the thread is automatically deleted by the server. Not sure what's taking so long tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement