Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline talking about Airsoft again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Why bother lending credence to the impotent splutterings of the ignorant?
    :cool:

Because they said you suck!!! :p I kid, I kid.
    Why indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

Because they said you suck!!! :p I kid, I kid.
    Why indeed.

very hard to tell if someone IS kidding on a Forum isn't it? Although I know you and Derek would only be engaging me in friendly offensive banter :p

Bloody unfair on Airsoft all the same; I mean, the lengths people go to to do it by the book and some eejit goes off....
    maybe its my academic training, but people who don't do their research pish me righ' oaff! [said in Scottish accent to get away with cuss word]
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

very hard to tell if someone IS kidding on a Forum isn't it? Although I know you and Derek would only be engaging me in friendly offensive banter :p

Bloody unfair on Airsoft all the same; I mean, the lengths people go to to do it by the book and some eejit goes off....
    maybe its my academic training, but people who don't do their research pish me righ' oaff! [said in Scottish accent to get away with cuss word]
    :D

C'mon now Dave all these naysayers are right. Airsoft is teeerrrible!!!
    I've been using 3mm thin googles, even though the guy said an airsoft gun smashed his window!!!! How unsafe is that.

Ohhhh wait, I've been hit in the googles and my face isnt missing!!!:p
    mmmmmmm... Maybe I should give airsoft another chance and trust my first hand experience over some random incident that DID NOT involve an airsoft gun.

Actually.... On second thoughts, I'll go with the driver on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

although we dismiss this radio shows.

two polski skleps in town have been shut down, according to a radio news today and in the morning papers.

From my reading garda picked up on a radio station segment where a station employee entered the shop asking for weaponry, but was asked to leave after suspicion was aroused.

The shops will be closed pending investagation.

The company are reportly looking into legal action against the state and media station who in their words " twisted the situation to try make something out of nothing and spark a reaction" Thr shop claims the items where all legally conforming

although we dismiss these things, they obviously are having effect if this is happening.

i didnt listen to the joe duffy show so dont know the ins and outs of what happend, some said it mia they went too, others said they heard a segment that went into the polish shops.

its ridiculous liable though and i hope they get ****ed for it

and i think some sort of statement should be made by someone to these stations.

if i was a shop owner and heard a station having a listen on air saying how his bus window got put in by an aeg ( which the guy didnt seem to have any proof of and admitted, on air, he didnt see what happend)

This is serious liable and defamatory, and it questions the intensions, integrety and legallity of the sport and the retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

Although they were raising concerns about peoples fears they do actually know better. And that they wanted clarification from the IAA but did not actually invite the people they spoke to on to the show indicates their intention. Whether its Joe Duffy or the Adrian Kennnedy phone show its all panto. Wires, smoke and mirrors and sleight of hand. They create an arena for people to come on and rant, give people a laugh, have a moan. Basically lonely people who like the sound of their own voice. In terms of airsoft they let people broadcast their ignorance and then the IAA have to try and correct all the mis-information. I am resentful of the fact they we as a community are put in a position of catch up. But I think the IAA have done a great job with putting our side out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement