Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Arms BLOWBACK M4

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Having tinkered with this today i have to say, this is the most realistic gun i have ever seen in airsoft!!, the blowback on it is shocking, it actually rattled my teeth together when i shouldered it at first.,:D the ROF is more camparable to a Hilti concrete drill than any AEG.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well since i am such an m4 slapper, i will be getting one...but (yes the big B) i am waiting for version 2 before i splash the cash.

vtec...LOL priceless review.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

G36/C with blowback... Please... I have to have...

And a generous supply of midcaps. Not going anywhere without those.

speaking of which, the mags on that M4 are really heavy compared to regualr aeg ones, they feel lovely., wonder how much they gonna cost for spares though being gas and all.,
    He timed the arrival of this to come on the same day as my fancy new baby just so mine would feel sh*te campared.,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

im holding out as most forums have reports of this this
    self destructing and parts breaking and without a good supply of spare parts and the release of spare mags i will hold off

• Advertisement

i didnt see that puding and its a dahm pity. i think the problem is there are nearly real work physics going on in it with the bolt etc...so any minor engineering deviation in tolerances will cause problems...

real world physics as you said and the use of inappropriate materials on some parts seems to be causing a problem, if the wa m4 is popular im shore there will be a load of after market parts to put this all right just a pity there needed :(

although compared to an AEG theres far less moving parts in one of them WA ones, theres not really much that can go wrong., i never take american reviews as religeon though, ive seen a lot of stuff that people over there has called complete sh*t and it reality it was brilliant (VFC 416 Star SCAR etc), not sure if thats due to them getting different specs or if they just exagerate a little.,

vtec wrote: »
    although compared to an AEG theres far less moving parts in one of them WA ones, theres not really much that can go wrong., i never take american reviews as religeon though, ive seen a lot of stuff that people over there has called complete sh*t and it reality it was brilliant (VFC 416 Star SCAR etc), not sure if thats due to them getting different specs or if they just exagerate a little.,

strangely enough or maybe not, i would guess the gas parts are fine as that technology is well known its all the other stuff.

still i guess time will tell..and i dont have the cash anyways so its not like i have a choice at the moment !! LOL

strangely enough or maybe not, i would guess the gas parts are fine as that technology is well known its all the other stuff.

still i guess time will tell..and i dont have the cash anyways so its not like i have a choice at the moment !! LOL

Yeah i know what ya mean, im gonna go and try find a fault with it later on so i can disscourage myself from buying one aswell.,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Tone was good enough to let me have a goosey gander at this bad boy yesterday and it really is the buisiness, feels lovely, looks really nice and the blackback is tremendous

first shots i didnt shoulder, thinking "hey this cant be that much" and it shot back into my shoulder, its a really nice bit of kit.

and as tony said, im tres jealous :(

vtec wrote: »
    Yeah i know what ya mean, im gonna go and try find a fault with it later on so i can disscourage myself from buying one aswell.,:D

hahahahaha

mags just turned up at boomarms 108usd...........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Puding wrote: »
    mags just turned up at boomarms 108usd...........:mad:

:eek:

Per mag?

Fill a tac vest with 8 of those plus the cost of the gun...

yes per mag so 560usd aeg + 1080usd mags = 1640usd :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

yes per mag so 560usd aeg + 1080usd mags = 1640usd :eek:

10 mags, 500 bb's, 1080$

2.16$ per bb

Yup I'll take a clone that costs less than one of those mags :D

perhaps its just because there are so few? remember the kar98 dboys ? rsov was charing was it 5 dollars a cartridge or something ridiculous. lets hope its just because of limited stocks...

if not, some guy or gal in china is going to clean up i suspect when they copy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

AEGs will be the springers of 2010; and when all airsoft rifles are made this way, the cost will drop significantly, followed of course by even cheaper chinese clones. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say the first AEGs were pricey too.

The same will go for the mags, price is partially a function of high demand. If you're the only supplier for something that's so much in demand, you can set your price (and I'm sure a lot of that goes back into development at this stage; the engineers didn't design it for free).

Give it 2 to 3 years, we'll all be laughing at when we used glorified vacuum cleaners to shoot our bbs...

Edit: Hell, I'm on my soap-box now! The user base of this sport will level out at some point, and then the manufacturers will have to innovate to keep people buying new stuff. GBB rifles will be one part, we'll get added realism in other areas too, I'm sure.

gbb will never take over, gbb simply have to many area that limit there use, gass use and gbb came before aegs there is a reason they are known as 'classic airsoft'

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php
    Western Arms GBB M4 with Magna gas system proved itself an instant hit. And it appears that there will be a vast array of aftermarket parts available. Inokatsu announced M16VN and XM177 kits. Details are on the pictures.

i think i just found something to complete the Vietnam look my team has been planing :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

gbb will never take over, gbb simply have to many area that limit there use, gass use and gbb came before aegs there is a reason they are known as 'classic airsoft'
    I can't see GBB becoming more popular than aeg but I'd like to see gbb become more popular. gbb may be be more prone to breakdowns and have a much lower bb capacity but that makes them more realistic in a way. The bottom line is gbb are more fun and look and sound better than aeg.

I can't see GBB becoming more popular than aeg but I'd like to see gbb become more popular. gbb may be be more prone to breakdowns and have a much lower bb capacity but that makes them more realistic in a way. The bottom line is gbb are more fun and look and sound better than aeg.

could not agree more although they will never take over i can see there good sides the reason i will more than likely pick one up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

I got to play with this in Tonys shop today. All debate goes out the window once you've seen it in action. It is the dogs bo$$!x :eek: Practicality does not come into it at all. Awesome.

Advertisement