Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disintegrating Range Rover Kahn....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I love the end of that when the Defender and pajero just fly past with no bother. Its amazing how little traction those low profile tyres have!!! I think I'd be out letting a little air out of them tyres to see if it helped

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

What doesn't help of course is the all the electrickery built into the latest RR.

It stops individual wheels from spinning and distributes the power to the wheel with the most traction. As no wheel has any taction to speak of, you get no movement.

On a purely mechanical sysystem you'd just give it some welly to start with, let all four wheels spin, pick up a little momentum and then ease of the gas to gain some traction which (together with the built up momentum) will help to gain some speed while you gently, gently push on the accelerator.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭xt40

peasant wrote: »
    What doesn't help of course is the all the electrickery built into the latest RR.

It stops individual wheels from spinning and distributes the power to the wheel with the most traction. As no wheel has any taction to speak of, you get no movement.

you might be right there. ive diesel 98 rr without traction control and recently pulled a loaded transit through a wet ploughed field. even with road tyres, it never missed a beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

Is that RR not towing something? I think I can see a thin rope coming from the hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Cyrus wrote: »
    standard RRs are relatively slow tho

They aren't THAT slow. I know it's not standard, but u obviously haven't driven a 3.6tdv8.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

er, why refer to a non std one when i said the standard ones were slow?

the 2.7 in the 'sport' is a joke :p

I know, i was just sayin me bit:cool:. The "sport" is the same engine and gearbox of the disco but on a modified chassis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

er just looked into it, that 3.6 isnt that quick either :p

0-60 8.6s :D

Er no

Ah but come on, smashing lookin jeep with a nice bit of power. 640nm of torque, i don't care what any1 says that is mighty:p

Advertisement