Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorist type camo/rags?? + themed skirimish

Options
  • 08-05-2008 2:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

ok i've played as SAS/swat and in camo, been there, done that yada yada yada........ but now i just want to be the bad guy, you know the ones who dress like a terrest/arab bandit/dictator or sueaside bommer or something (i just want to be EVEL for a change)

any one know were i can get the gear to do this!! as most places on do camo/swat only
    also would anyone be up for a theamed skirmish?

think evel crazed world domanation,we have goverment hostages, out numbered by the good guys,they have to rescue them but we've got a nuke bomb or missils and they only have a set amount of time to win there mission!!

you know you wanna!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

dr_evil_laden.jpe

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Not sure where you could get the type of outfit you want, but honestly you want to be careful about things like that, dressing like an arab doesn't make you a terrorist and some people may find it offensive.
    Terrorists dont have to wear ethnic outfits, normal clothing would be the best for a terrorist outfit, jeans and t-shirt with a balaclave/neoprene facemask would do it. Or even just jeans and a OD army style jacket, that kind of thing.

Edit: And an AK of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

I always thought a terrorist-themed team / clan would be an interesting idea.... anyone else? Could wear shemaghs and M65's or something like that. And of course AK's all around...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well if you want to be a "professionaly trained " terrorist unit, youd use more advanced weaponry then an ak :P

those are now more rebel themed.

most well trained terrorist units are getting their hands on more igh tech high end equipment afaik,

im sure dex can shed light on this he is very knowledgable in the area

of who carrier what, not terrorism :P

Yeah but that said, the AK is THE classic terrorist / rebel weapon. Plus it's my favourite so :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gunner_twotone

Scrim net, combat shirt and a tea towel.....?:)

Scrim net, combat shirt and a tea towel.....?:)

Exactly... and a pair of big aviator sunglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

AK for the win, balaclavas are you friend if you wanna go down the "Tango" route lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

had to laugh at the teatowl remark,

shirt,camo trousers, black vest and balaclava and an ak
    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/images/5/56/Terrorist.jpg

best made terrorist ever :P

weeder wrote: »
    had to laugh at the teatowl remark,

shirt,camo trousers, black vest and balaclava and an ak
    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/images/5/56/Terrorist.jpg

best made terrorist ever :P

Yup! but aviator glasses like from TopGun would totally finish it off!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Balaclava pretty much does it combined with any clothes.

I suppose it depends on the group look you are going for.

There is so much 7.62x39mm ammo going in so many countries, and stock piled in caves, any terrorist on a budget will be packing an ak47 or if he's lucky an akm, or some poorly made varient of either.

A proper mercenary group or well funded guerilla army could have anything.

The AK given their reliability and proliferation across the globe and low cost is an obvious choice though, and the iconic terrorist, freedom fighter, whatever weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I reckon, a mixture of Civilian clothes, some camo, and an AK or G3 and you've got a pretty convincing terrorist load out. A red or black shemagh if you're going for a middle eastern terrorist, or a balaclava if you're going for a South American/Eastern European rebel/terrorist load out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Any of the earlier MP5 variants would work too, many have found their way into the hands of paramilitary groups. FN FAL's are often used in Africa as well as earlier AK's. RPD's, PPSH SMG's and many WWII bolt action rifles are still used by some groups in the far East.

So, joking aside, does this sound like a good idea for a team? I'm only into airsoft this past three weeks and would like to get in on something original... plus I have the shemagh :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Spetzcong wrote: »
    I reckon, a mixture of Civilian clothes, some camo, and an AK or G3 and you've got a pretty convincing terrorist load out. A red or black shemagh if you're going for a middle eastern terrorist, or a balaclava if you're going for a South American/Eastern European rebel/terrorist load out.
    You've just described the SAS there too....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

along with any number of other militery/intel/pmc/freedom fighters units :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

AK + Civilian clothings = Modern terrorists. They look just like everyone else.

I'm a bit annoyed and disappointed at the stereotypical (or racist) "Arab = terrorist" comments here.

I was half-tempted to press the report button for these remarks:

"terrest/arab bandit/dictator "

"Scrim net, combat shirt and a tea towel.....?"

I would hope that we would be more careful with our comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

I don't see the point in dressing up as an arab. Apart from the fact it's a little offensive, it won't really work in the irish country side. For a terrorist look a DPM jacket, a pair of jeans and a balaclava will do the job. Don't forget were pretty good at producing terrorists here in dear old Ireland:(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giZKp9rBam8

That said, I wouldn't advise anyone to go around playing at being the IRA, it's a sensative subject and some people may not see it in the right context. Plus I personally wouldn't want to glorify the IRA even if it is just for an airsoft skirmish.

Whether you're pretending to be IRA, Al Qaeda or any other extremist group(the IAA:p), it could easily cause unnecessary offence to someone. So think before you go running around shouting Allah Aqbar or other such phrases.

im sure someone dressed in random atire isnt going to cause offence...

Whether you're pretending to be IRA, Al Qaeda or any other extremist group(the IAA), it could easily cause unnecessary offence to someone. So think before you go running around shouting Allah Aqbar or other such phrases.

be careful with any impersonation you try and do dressing as a real work unit e.g navy seals and using the correct badges and insignia can cause just as much offense as dressing as you stereotypical 'terrorist'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I think we'd all rather not see something like this in one of the Irish scandal sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

a terrorist based team could not just have to emulate the look of a terrorist but the entire attitude and behaviour, i.e. fire the AK over your head sideways :p

nah, but seriously, terrorists act differently to trained army

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

+1 Thanks Shiva, I was thinking all day how I could maybe bring this up without seeming too OTT about this and getting my head bitten off for being to sensitive (some of my closest family friends are Arab Muslims) A very touchy subject, and to handled with kid gloves. Again nicely put Shiva ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You do realise that you won't be able to dress like a terrorist and carry a bag of guns in the UK, don't you, without getting "delayed" in a british prison?:D

a terrorist based team could not just have to emulate the look of a terrorist but the entire attitude and behaviour, i.e. fire the AK over your head sideways

nah, but seriously, terrorists act differently to trained army
    yes people have a very specific image of a 'terrorist' normally passed around Hollywood or fox news

I do think the natural stereo type for a terrorist does point the finger at some Arab nations as the lads have already pointed out in this post. One country's freedom fighter is another country's terrorist.

Do we have to get specific when talking about using different clothing to add ( or take away ) from a role playing mission?

How about " i'll be on the team with the green and brown army clothes with Western made weapons with special equipment and boots" or " I'll be on the team with the sandells, pale loose fitting clothes and Eastern weapons and equipment whilst wearing face masks with the eyes cut out".

The link that Shiva showed is what happens when things go way to far!
    And lads the way I see it, this country is the worst place for taking things way too far.(Too much time on peoples hands!)

If all parties invloved in the mission do not object and that there is no way of publicly or privately insulting or hurting peoples beleifs and its not broadcasted then its your call, I personally see no harm if the above is adhered to.

And i agree 100% with pudding "yes people have a very specific image of a 'terrorist' normally passed around Hollywood or fox news " You cant really blame people for using that image. There's not really a national army that fits that description, i suppose the better term to use would be Rebel?

At the end of the day, a bit of cop-on would make sure no bad comes of it

On reflection it seems a bad idea alright; walking through rural Ireland wearing a balaclava and carrying a Kalashnikov could warrant some unwelcome attention from a certain Special Branch + ERU :eek: Not worth the risk!

well if thats the case in in trouble :) i spend most of my skirmishes is a balaclava with an ak but a terrorist load out was the last thing in my mind when i put it on, head protect and i like the vfc ak aims :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Blue Nike tracksuit pants, black jumper of a sport brand, tac-vest(camo) white runners :)
    The AK47 and a towel. Oh and some goggles, and your in ready for every one to shoot at you.

Not the best idea really.

• Advertisement

its a pity really that people are worried of media exposure for what to wear in airsoft.

obviously it would be fun to have a terrorist/rebel team that has hostages or whatever and have another side taking them out,

would be very interesting.

i showed this topic to a muslim pal of mine who just dropped in, and he said your a bunch of soppy girls :) the only people who make a fuss are the so called " representitive groups" who are only interested in getting attention.

shivas article shows that clearly.

would defo like to see a game like that played.

and if a hullaboolu did come up about it, first reminding you dont have to comment abou it, but you could jsut say,

"were playing counter strike"

Advertisement