Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

tigerman2k wrote: »
    Good for you. There's hope for the rest of us then.

Very possible fingers crossed!! keep your phone very close to you and make sure you have a signal between 9 and 5!!!:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

congrats dude87. im from the may competition aswell. hopefully il get the call soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DecyD1

just wondering what batch from the may competitions you were in and when you did your interveiw? thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

Finally got a call for the medical today!!! At last!:):) Have it in october!!

Best of luck with the medical Dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

Very possible fingers crossed!! keep your phone very close to you and make sure you have a signal between 9 and 5!!!:p:p:p

thats great news dude 87. id say thats a big relief.. wat date in october do you have it ??

• Advertisement

DecyD1 wrote: »
    just wondering what batch from the may competitions you were in and when you did your interveiw? thanks:)

I was in batch 1 and had my interview on the first week! Hope this helps!:)

andrew1985 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the medical Dude :)

Cheers man thanks!!:)

horse1 wrote: »
    congrats dude87. im from the may competition aswell. hopefully il get the call soon

U from batch1 horse1?? Hopefully you might hear something or the next week or so!;)

i had my interview on the 14th of august so it'll probly be a while yet before im called but im in batch 1 also...thanks...

soundlad wrote: »

thats great news dude 87. id say thats a big relief.. wat date in october do you have it ??

Cheers man!:) Ye couldn't believe it when they rang had started to think I wouldn't hear anything till the next intake!! Don't know if I can say the date hear but its around the same as yourself!:)

• Advertisement

i had my interview on the 14th of august so it'll probly be a while yet before im called but im in batch 1 also...thanks...

Ye it could be a while yet but you never know it all depends on your background checks.........you could be lucky!

Ye it could be a while yet but you never know it all depends on your background checks.........you could be lucky!
    ya hopefully who knows we all myt be called in together...i wouldn mind getting started in november but things seem to be on a go slow...did you just get a phone call or did u get notice on public jobs 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pr43

anyone know what they are looking for on the dental check? Any other obvious pitfalls?

ya hopefully who knows we all myt be called in together...i wouldn mind getting started in november but things seem to be on a go slow...did you just get a phone call or did u get notice on public jobs 2

phone call on a private number

U from batch1 horse1?? Hopefully you might hear something or the next week or so!;)

ya im from batch1 top 40. ya hopefully il get the call soon. best of luck with your medical. hopefully you will make the november intake

has every1 to meet the sergent before they get a call for a medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

has every1 to meet the sergent before they get a call for a medical

dont think you have to, i know i didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

As far as I know there is only 1 PCT date in October after the already over booked September date. My guess is that if you dont have a medical between now and mid october you will have to wait til the next intake. God knows when that will be! As with this whole thing you just never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 M.Knight

Finally got a call for the medical today!!! At last!:):) Have it in october!!

Congrats,The Dude 87 and the best of luck in the medical and the pct. If we are as lucky we might see you in November!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

need to ring to change my contact details, have passed aptitude and interview waiting on medical call, do i contact public appointments or garda hq

any numbers would be great!

Thanks

• Advertisement

i finally got the phone call. have the medical mid oct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

congratz horse1 could i ask when did you do interview?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

ya im from batch1 top 40. ya hopefully il get the call soon. best of luck with your medical. hopefully you will make the november intake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

I would say Garda Appointments @ 01 666 1644 - ask for an update while your there!!!

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    need to ring to change my contact details, have passed aptitude and interview waiting on medical call, do i contact public appointments or garda hq

any numbers would be great!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

ya im from batch1 top 40.
    Sorry to sound dumb but does top 40 mean you got in the top 40 for the aptitude test? and would that make a difference to when you get the call for the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

sff wrote: »
    Sorry to sound dumb but does top 40 mean you got in the top 40 for the aptitude test? and would that make a difference to when you get the call for the medical?

Ye he would of been top 40 for batch 1, which means he got an interview before most. I was top 60 in Batch 2 but don't expect to get news this year:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tigerman2k

I was top 40 in batch 3, had passed interview 10 days ago and got a call off Garda Appointments looking from more detail on my background (left out a couple of dates of birth). Hopefully they'll finish soon.

Am still hoping to get a call for the medical to make it in for Nov intake but I'm probably being too optimistic.

Congratz Horse1!! Major relieve to get that phonecall isnt it!

thanks andrew1985. i did my interview the 3rd week in july. got the results a week later

• Advertisement

Congratz Horse1!! Major relieve to get that phonecall isnt it!

cheers The Dude 87. ya its a major relief. hopefully everything goes ok with it

Advertisement