Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Trial Anyone??????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭hobojojo

right rob1981 and blorg, you've both given me something to aim at with times of 32:00 and 27:51 respectively. i reckon i should be able to get close to 32:00 in a month and hope to be near 28:00 by the end of the summer. its good motivation knowing other peoples times i think.

bunnygreen, yeah start from the road beside lamb doyes. theres a fire exit on the side of lamb doles which backs onto that road, i use it as my starting point. cant miss it, its a big green fire escape stairs.

unfortunatly i wont be able to do this route for a few weeks as i have college exams from now till 5th june. dying to get back on my bike, its been 5 days

raam, you had a good idea there when you suggested a few people meeting up and cycle the route. possibly do it as the start of a saturday spin. lamb doyles is only a few mins away from the dundrum bridge where the saturday spin guys meet anyway. and at the end you can easily head up to sally gap via stocking lane and glencree for a longer cycle.

or for those wanting a shorter cycle, left to enniskerry once get to glencree via stocking lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

will do,ill have the oxygen tent at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Did you guys do this as part of your route today? I got out in the afternoon for a quick 2hr spin (on to Glencree after, then back towards Enniskerry cutting off at the Devil's Elbow to bring me back to Johnny Fox's).

30.05 this time, probably no actual improvement in fitness, just knowing where the steep kicker climbs are and pacing appropriately. Hopefully I'll keep doing this route at the weekends, lovely day for it today.

rob1891 wrote: »
    Did you guys do this as part of your route today? I got out in the afternoon for a quick 2hr spin (on to Glencree after, then back towards Enniskerry cutting off at the Devil's Elbow to bring me back to Johnny Fox's).

30.05 this time, probably no actual improvement in fitness, just knowing where the steep kicker climbs are and pacing appropriately. Hopefully I'll keep doing this route at the weekends, lovely day for it today.

thats a nice route, not too long, not too short. that road between johnny fox's and devils elbow (didnt know it was called that) has a killer hill, about half way through.

30:05?? right, ill gonna have to get on my bike, so to speak. bulk of my college exams finish next thursday so gonna be hitting wicklow a lot in june, cant wait.

you wernt on a black cube by any chance??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

I drove most of this route the other day.Thats a very long steep incilne at the start.Unless your very fit unlike me,its walking the bike up that slope:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

hobojojo wrote: »
    thats a nice route, not too long, not too short. that road between johnny fox's and devils elbow (didnt know it was called that) has a killer hill, about half way through.

30:05?? right, ill gonna have to get on my bike, so to speak. bulk of my college exams finish next thursday so gonna be hitting wicklow a lot in june, cant wait.

you wernt on a black cube by any chance??
    No, I was on an old blue Specialized Allez, in a UCD jersey.

I like the devil's elblow a lot, the steepness at the bridge seems unreal, I guess I'm glad it is short though! There are a load of evil little climbs in that area around the Powerscourt waterfall. When I was fitter I'd chain them together for some masochistic pleasure.

Triv88, the TT route is certainly up hill, but the very steep out-of-the-saddle bits are short. If you've a compact or a triple you could spin up them. Give it a go!

Advertisement