Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C History

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Because I'm a repeat, I have the choice of Nation States and National Tensions if Pop Culture of Church State relations doesn't come up in Dictatorship or Democracy. I'll do that if Women in WW1 or the Motor Car comes up, lovely questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

History is so feckin hard. So much to learn and Ive done nothing in it this year because I hate it :mad: Something about the Nazi's, Home Rule, 1916/ War of Indedpendence better come up or I'll cry

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Has anyone done an essay on the technology of warfare, and if so, what did you write about?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

^ Yeah I've done one on the development of war tech. around the time of WWII...

I wrote on advancements in tank warfare, in firearms - the German Karabiner and British Lee Enfield etc., also on the introduction of radar, the invention of the atomic bomb and the devastation it caused etc. Oh, and aircrafts too, lots of detail to be found there.

It's really a v. technical, fact-filled essay. Boring to learn, but handy if it comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    3 weeks later......

:D

god u are sad:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    3 weeks later......

:D

I apologise for contradicting my self; one week i'm like "tute forever your so much more sorted than the whole world hahahah" then the next i'm like "Nine subjects wtf were you thinking Barry**hitself**"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Could I Be Any More Terrified Of This Exam..

No Is The Answer.

Gonna Be Baaaaaaad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Langerhands

I have a tendency to have everything studied, write the essay thinking its quite good then my teacher turns around and gives me less than 60 per cent...so annoying cause i don't really understand where i'm going wrong..I DO REFER BACK TO THE QUESTION!

how many points do you need to make in each paragraph? not too sure, usually just make 3 or 4

for the lc i'm just doing
    Irish Topic 3; Sinn Fein 1918 election, Cosgrave Govt.
    European Topic 3; Hitler Propaganda, Vichy France, Home Front in Bri.,Church/State Relations
    Irish Topic 6: EU on economic and society, Sean Lemass and First InterPary Govt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

I have a tendency to have everything studied, write the essay thinking its quite good then my teacher turns around and gives me less than 60 per cent...so annoying cause i don't really understand where i'm going wrong..I DO REFER BACK TO THE QUESTION!

how many points do you need to make in each paragraph? not too sure, usually just make 3 or 4

European Topic 3; Hitler Propaganda, Vichy France, Home Front in Bri.,Church/State Relations
    Irish Topic 6: EU on economic and society, Sean Lemass and First InterPary Govt.

Ye know what your saying, our teacher was like that. Im pretty sure you just have to argue the point from two sides.
    For example, "While some said Collins was right to sign the treaty, it was a point of extreme controversy and ultimately resulted in the split with between the pro-treatyites and De Valeras anti-treatyites."

A few of those and you should be fine id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

im sure you'll be pretty much covered.. would you not do Parnell.. he has a good chance to show up and a very easy essay to write.. he's the only reason i passed my mocks!!
    i have Parnell, Gaa league and Gaelic league
    then.. Eucharistic congress, FF anglo irish relations
    Mussolini all.. he hasn come up yet? and good to know him incase church state relations comes up or rise of facism..
    why oh why did i pick history!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kathy_x_x

We were told the following

Home Rule - Butt, Parnell and Redmond
    Cultural Nationalism
    Land League
    Unionist Opposition to the Ulster Question

Fianna Fail.. economy and Cumman na nGeadheal economy incase of a comparison
    The Treay
    Civil War
    Sinn Fein

Stalin and Russia
    Fascism(Mussolini)
    Great Britain - the homefront
    Rise of Hitler or Propaganda(Nuremberg Rallies)

actually thats basically the whole course :(

I'm so screwed for History :( even tho I got an A in my mocks... its all just left my head

ahhhh

good luck everyone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Langerhands

im sure you'll be pretty much covered.. would you not do Parnell.. he has a good chance to show up and a very easy essay to write.. he's the only reason i passed my mocks!!
    i have Parnell, Gaa league and Gaelic league
    then.. Eucharistic congress, FF anglo irish relations
    Mussolini all.. he hasn come up yet? and good to know him incase church state relations comes up or rise of facism..
    why oh why did i pick history!!!

i know i should have done geography!!!!! actually chemistry cause i applied for medicine with one science sub, such a fool!!!

I can't do parnell cause my teacher chose irish topic 6 cause she thought we like it. we didnt even have a book for it!! all the info is all over the place

What came up on peoples mocks? I need to try to cut down on all the stuff Im learning pretty soon......:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Hot topics are Sinn Féin and the 1918 election, Anglo-American Pop Culture, Stalin's Show Trials, Church State Relations and Parnell....as far as i'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

WAIT! Is Home Front in GB a Hot topic? Please be. I JUST did an essay on this and it is still in my head. :P

Same, I am terrified for this exam. I was practising writing yesterday and my writing looks like chickenscratch. :(

I have a basic idea of most topics, so say if a topic comes up that I havent studied,would I get many marks if I wrote about it but was lacking dates and specifics? How hard is the paper marked?

Advertisement