Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i got bagged the next day!!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

chalad07 wrote: »
    You're delighted to hear that the OP got caught? Really? I guy that took every reasonable precaution, and still get's arrested. All the while ars*holes are speeding round the roads, in their Honda Civics, totally scot free? It's the Boy Racers who blatantly flaunt the law that the cops sound be focusing on, not some bloke just trying to get to work,

Right on! It never ceases to amaze me how many "holier than thou's" are on this forum. Hitting the guy with their nutcracking sledgehammer when he was probably better able to drive than half the dipsticks on the road at the time is the police state gone mad. I don't defend anyone who deliberately gets plastered and then gets into a car, but how far ahead are they going to extend this? Already there are demands that if you have any trace of alcohol in your blood then you should be punished. Is this perhaps a plan to get us all into monastaries and convents where we can be controlled by those who are always perfect?

I am sorry for the guy. The penalty in his case is likely to be way over the top because of how it will affect his life and his future. Perhaps it would please everyone if they just hang him and have done with it? Like Chalad says, maybe the righteous ones should spend a little time on the boy racers, and I would add the incompetents, the learners who can't be bothered to take lessons or tests, the nutters in vans who drive six feet off people's tailgates at 120 clicks. Nah -- that takes a bit of effort. Let's not bother:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

thecaptain wrote: »
    In Nazi Germany, the cops were not breaking any laws. Think about that.
    I wouldn't compare this to Nazi Germany at all.....It's the implementation of a sensible law!

thecaptain wrote: »
    People like you would comply with anyone who assumes a position of authority.
    People like me? who don't like drink drivers and the carnage they cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Conar

ART6 wrote: »
    Right on! It never ceases to amaze me how many "holier than thou's" are on this forum. Hitting the guy with their nutcracking sledgehammer when he was probably better able to drive than half the dipsticks on the road at the time is the police state gone mad. I don't defend anyone who deliberately gets plastered and then gets into a car, but how far ahead are they going to extend this? Already there are demands that if you have any trace of alcohol in your blood then you should be punished. Is this perhaps a plan to get us all into monastaries and convents where we can be controlled by those who are always perfect?

I am sorry for the guy. The penalty in his case is likely to be way over the top because of how it will affect his life and his future. Perhaps it would please everyone if they just hang him and have done with it? Like Chalad says, maybe the righteous ones should spend a little time on the boy racers, and I would add the incompetents, the learners who can't be bothered to take lessons or tests, the nutters in vans who drive six feet off people's tailgates at 120 clicks. Nah -- that takes a bit of effort. Let's not bother:mad:

Its all very well to say that but how the hell are the Garda going to know what he normally drives like and whether he has had a few drinks just before getting into the car or if it was the night before. Same for the courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

We can be thankful that he's off our roads for a couple of years, but these slap-on-the-wrist sentences are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

random wrote: »
    As part of the drink driving campaign we should all be provided with breathalisers so we can make sure we're ok to drive in the morning.

I agree, this breathalysing people in the afternoon is wrong. They're not looking for people who had pints that morning, they're looking for the people who enjoyed their sunday night out, got a taxi to the pub, a taxi home, and are going to work the next day trying to do a days work. And this sh*t happens, I do have sympathy for you but I also think you drank more than you said you did.

If we had our own breathalysers there would be no excuse, you get in your car you blow into it and if you're over the limit you find some other way to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Kavinsky

Dave147 wrote: »
    If we had our own breathalysers there would be no excuse, you get in your car you blow into it and if you're over the limit you find some other way to work.

I have my own. Bought it from the internet. Handy little gadget alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Yeah my dad has one aswell, I have no interest in buying one.. I avoid driving after nights out, and am a self confessed lightweight so don't drink too much! :) I can imagine they're handy alright. How much did it cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

flanum wrote: »
    all because i tried to do the right thing.
    A few cans the night before being the "good thing", I'd hate to see the "bad thing"...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Update: Im 9 months off the road so far...! What can i add except much to my dismay i have now turned into a nazi cyclist(even had an article in the Cavan post about lack of cycle lanes and drivers disrespect to cyclists etc.. photo with me on the bike and all!). Still have till about march or so until i get my licence back...

What have i learned?? Cops are no more than glorified traffic wardens in this county, just look at the upsurge of violent attacks by chavs and cops doing nothing about it.../ Cavan roads are ****!! Especially at the edges... People dont know the rules of the road, expect you to cycle in the ditch etc etc... ggrrr...... ive a massive amount of respect for cyclists now that i didnt have have as much as before!

i still am pissed off at being bagged etc (see original post)...

oh yeah and im a wee bit fitter, but still havent given up the fags, tryin to invent an ashtray for bicycles!
    just to keep yiz up to scratch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

flanum wrote: »
    Update: Im 9 months off the road so far...! What can i add except much to my dismay i have now turned into a nazi cyclist(even had an article in the Cavan post about lack of cycle lanes and drivers disrespect to cyclists etc.. photo with me on the bike and all!). Still have till about march or so until i get my licence back...

What have i learned?? Cops are no more than glorified traffic wardens in this county, just look at the upsurge of violent attacks by chavs and cops doing nothing about it.../ Cavan roads are ****!! Especially at the edges... People dont know the rules of the road, expect you to cycle in the ditch etc etc... ggrrr...... ive a massive amount of respect for cyclists now that i didnt have have as much as before!

i still am pissed off at being bagged etc (see original post)...

oh yeah and im a wee bit fitter, but still havent given up the fags, tryin to invent an ashtray for bicycles!
    just to keep yiz up to scratch!!

What happens if you get caught out again when you're on your bike?

You'll be fcuked then my son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If your cycling i'm guessing you still have your job, you probably have saved a bit of money with no car and as you said fitter, so lesson learned and not having a car probably hasn't been as bad as you though it would be.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    What happens if you get caught out again when you're on your bike?

Take away your bike license??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Senna wrote: »
    If your cycling i'm guessing you still have your job, you probably have saved a bit of money with no car and as you said fitter, so lesson learned and not having a car probably hasn't been as bad as you though it would be.

Take away your bike license??

Lesson learned??? Read the original post.... yes if lesson learned means dont bother going to work the next day at all after a session... take away my bike??? ye should see me on a unicycle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

What's with all the CPR on dead threads??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement