Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of the Robots

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Bots are bad. Don't use bots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Camone

Do your equations ever bluff (serious question)?

at the moment the model just gives a probability reading on each street that we will be ahead of our opponent by the river, given his distribution, cards out etc; as regards bluffing, i will only be able to do it against players i have a lot of previous hand info from, monitoring things like how often a player will fold given certain combinations of cards for both of us, which usually make him lose interest in a hand (we might find for a certain player, 80% of the time he will fold on 4th street if he is faced wit bets on 3rd and 4th and 3rd and 4th bring him two higher cards). i dont use pokertracker or any such software so im not really sure the extent of the info i wud b able to get. i would then assign a weighting to both reading depending on the opponents propensity to call. I havent begun work on this side of the project yet, plan to look into it after the exams
    the model is by no means perfect and definitely has limitations at the moment but i feel that wit a bit of work there are definitely some games which it could beat on the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭The_Daddy_H

Have you read much about them since first posting? Do you know if people have bots that keep a history of the players and adjust to how their playing style? By using a PT database for example?
    I done a little bit of reading since. Seems like its a very involved project to get a bot up and running even if more of the nuts and bolts are already in place. Obviously nobody wants to sell a good poker bot.

I think poker tracker has been implimented to work in conjuction as well, given the trouble of making a bot to begin with I'm sure adding some info from pokertracker wouldnt be too much extra.

I dont know for sure but intuitively the thought of using the genetic algorithm with NL texas holdem make me very queasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Camone wrote: »
    at the moment the model just gives a probability reading on each street that we will be ahead of our opponent by the river, given his distribution, cards out etc;
    that doesn't sound very interesting at all tbh, how can you say this is "a mathematical model for playing optimally in razz" any more than pokerstove is a model for playing optimally in hold'em?

what does your model say you should do when it is folded to you in last position before the bring in and you have (KK)4 and the guy has a Q up? Should you bluff here against an unknown player or only if you have a few hundred hands on him showing his tendency to defend the bringin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The bigger bots out there have their default rules set for limit as this is much easier for bots to play. I'd imagine there are quite a few of them running on sites all the time as there's little the sites can do to stop them (leaving aside the debate of whether they'd want to).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Here's a follow up article to the one posted above.
    http://www.codingthewheel.com/archives/how-i-built-a-working-online-poker-bot-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sneakyaces

slansky created a poker program and offered 1/2 million to any1 tat cud beat it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Online Poker is doomed. The only one who has a chance is Vanessa Rousso, she knows all the math!

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=73c96c93bb5968799e0a099a8e4de2

Advertisement