Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400m x 90 m indoor facility, 2 floors + 1 basement

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

spose did mention he owns the factoy, i dont understand the whole darkness over people releasing this, even some photos would atleast make me believe it...

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Sounds like a dream come true, if it was in the Dublin area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

shblob wrote: »
    this could be in the middle of nowhere, e.g. Cork.
    hence, cheap rental costs, maybe 4 sheep, 2 cattle and a bag of potatoes.

Hey there BUDDY! Dublin isn't exactly ideal for Cork people, ya know?

'Sides, the guy already said it was north side Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Ahh heck, I musta misse dthat post.
    Damn you Dave, why must you ruin everything for me!!!:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

spose did mention he owns the factoy, i dont understand the whole darkness over people releasing this, even some photos would atleast make me believe it...

"the whole darkness" is the fact that it has been said before and never materialised, also the fact that the OP isnt a regular poster and appears to have registered just before posting this thread,.,

None of which is ment as any disrespect to the OP though, Im hoping this does take off and add something new to the game., Best of luck with the arena and im sure you will find more than enough helpfull people on here to advise you on scenarios, props, test games, safety etc.,

Good Luck,:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Its always Dublin! Ye guys dont know just how good ye got it up there.
    Just how many skirmish sites to ye Dublin folks want at all!! :D:D:D
    Leave some for the rest of the country.

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

meh, its not that good bullets, theres a hell of a lot of places down the country that are far better suited for CQB than the ones in dublin, they usually leveling old factories and stuff here to make way for a fancy office block., :(

we actually saw some great places on the way to the gathering the other day.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

bullets wrote: »
    Just how many skirmish sites to ye Dublin folks want at all!! :D:D:D

~B

16..the southside can have 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

Ahh heck, I musta misse dthat post.
    Damn you Dave, why must you ruin everything for me!!!:p

:D It's what I do best sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

what kind of area surrounds the place?

It sounds great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Originally Posted by shblob
    this could be in the middle of nowhere, e.g. Cork.
    hence, cheap rental costs, maybe 4 sheep, 2 cattle and a bag of potatoes.

Yeah just like all the dubland sites are over run with homeless bums, Heroin and people who cannot speak english correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I'm expecting some moddin' going on soon:(

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    I'm expecting some moddin' going on soon:(

Why?
    You give a dig you take a dig!

Now if youll excuse me, I have to go walk my sheep! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Sounds very intresting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Arcto wrote: »
    Yeah just like all the dubland sites are over run with homeless bums, Heroin and people who cannot speak english correctly.

Oi! I resent that, I live in a hostel, I can speak english proper and I smoke crack not heroin...

Back on topic, if this site is as good as it sounds then you'll be seeing my business, a lot of it. As a general suggestion of something I'd like to see in CQB sites, destructable objects, i.e random cardboard boxes, stacks of empty drinks cans, random bits and bobs that will fly about when a firefight starts, I'll even help clean 'em up after a game, I just like to see stuff go flying when I shoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Oi! I resent that, I live in a hostel, I can speak english proper and I smoke crack not heroin...

Back on topic, if this site is as good as it sounds then you'll be seeing my business, a lot of it. As a general suggestion of something I'd like to see in CQB sites, destructable objects, i.e random cardboard boxes, stacks of empty drinks cans, random bits and bobs that will fly about when a firefight starts, I'll even help clean 'em up after a game, I just like to see stuff go flying when I shoot.

Does that include the whole front end of your L85?:D

Ha ha ha, BURN!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Vintz

Honestly, I don't care where this is. I'm there! :D

What's the bet this is in Pale country :(

Vintz wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't care where this is. I'm there! :D

What's the bet this is in Pale country :(

Of course it will be :D

Damn crafty dubs and yer millions of airsoft sites :mad: J/K

I'm pretty sure at this stage, this is BS.
    4 pages and not one reply from the guy who posted!!
    I call shenanigans!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

kiwi84000 wrote: »
    Just to confirm you are saying that it is 400 meters x 90 meters eg. 118000 square foot?

As most of you are aware I am in the process of setting up a site myself and as such am very aware of the cost of such sizable site. At current rates this site could be rented for just over 1 million euro per year.

I agree with the other posters who truly wish for a site like this in Ireland however I will remain skeptical until I see such a site.

I totaly agree with you, IMO the owner must be either loaded or nutcase. In first case fair enough and thanks, other wise why would you give such info and disappeared after your FIRST TREAD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

An idea i have been currently working with.... a prison break scenario.

3 teams

team 1 - in mates who sneak weapons in and turn on the guards

team 2 - special security task force to eliminate threats and rescue and hostages

team 3 - the real spanner in the works, a cell unit that teams 1 and 2 must join forces and have one big battle till the end.

The overall game could last anything from 6-24 hours with all 3 teams having their own missions and goals, with great chances for teams 2 and 3 to use stealth.

Team 1 would be begginer skirmishers

Team 2 would be fairly robust and experienced

Team 3 would be Veterans

It wouldn.t take an awful lot to plan the entire game and using the guide lins from IAA, weapons and kit would be checked.

All we need is a place like an old office block or warehouse.

What do ye's think?
    #

Bit of role play....oh yeah!

I'm pretty sure at this stage, this is BS.
    4 pages and not one reply from the guy who posted!!
    I call shenanigans!!!

Seeing as we still haven't heard back from the OP I second your call of shenanigans, shenanigans it is then...

Right then,
    One more call for Shenanigans and we should request a thread lock, so that this rather cruel thread can sink to the bottom of the forum sea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Lads, let this one die eh? There's a thread set up already by someone who's serious about setting up a proper indoor arena already. Fuelling speculation about whether this one will ever open or not isn't going to help anything, especially when there's clearly a new site needing some support.

Request lock.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Lads, let this one die eh? There's a thread set up already by someone who's serious about setting up a proper indoor arena already. Fuelling speculation about whether this one will ever open or not isn't going to help anything, especially when there's clearly a new site needing some support.

Request lock.

Agreed. I just wonder what the point was???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Judging by the replies in this thread, I'd be surprised if the OP ever had anything to do with airsoft again.

He was checking to see what interest their was. Either (a) too few people responded showing interest, or (b) he's read the comments and doesn't want anything to do with us again.

Saying that, a bit more info by the OP and a reply to questions would have been nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭little buda

1) kill this thread 2) go to kiwi's thead 3) help the real indor sites to open

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Thread locked before it turns into way too much shenanigans-calling :)

If the OP is genuine, they can PM myself or another mod with more information to have the thread re-opened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bora

ok cheers kdouglas...pics on the way, waterford airsofters will be very happy(no more clues on location) site is 2- 3 minutes off main dublin waterford road, so it is not in the back a*se of nowhere...as for places to snore, bring sleeping bags and we will all sleep in the heated offices:cool: prices will be cheap!!! but donations would be appreciated and would go towards enhancing the experience

Advertisement