Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400m x 90 m indoor facility, 2 floors + 1 basement

Options
  • 28-04-2008 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all, I basically need a show of hands in who would be interested in a cqb element of airsoft...own a factory and its grounds and if i see a good demand it will be refurbished for airsoft, front of building contains 2 floors of offices, which lead to a large factory floor and a power/computer control room on the 2nd floor...there is also a basement which is as large as the factory floor and contains an old chemical storage area which has been vacinnated and decontaminated, but looks like a nuclear silo if the right 'paintwork' would be added...also a docking bay at the rear with a small storage/warehouse...outside are 4 oil/water towers which will be refurbished and safe to climb(snipers will be happy). Roof is also accessible but my insurer told me there was too much risk invovling skirmishes on a roof top so roof will be off limits...i am doing this for airsoft, not myself, so feel free to give ideas, i want to give the best experience possible, i have 6 instructors lined up and will also be offering cqb training/sharpening for you vets:) team games will have discount from regular games and i will hold tourneys. protective face masks must be worn no exceptions, anyone removing their mask purposely and playing will be banned for a year, regardless of who you are, masks and throat guards will be provided. but here is the real question to get me started, what game types do you guys want to see??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MarkLmk

What part of the country are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sounds like it has great potential.

Location?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

can i ask where it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

Good news:),
    Where abouts would this be?

Maddog:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sounds absolutely brilliant where abouts is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Sounds brill.
    As far as games is concerned I imagine some sort of hostage rescue would be intense in a site like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Are you God, and have you just described CQB heaven ?

Where is this wondrous place you speak of ?

One game scenario is a full base assault.
    Defenders have roving patrols.

Attackers have to complete an objective - knock out a comms room, rescue hostages, assassination.

Intel gathering (OP), planning the assault and then carrying out same.

A QRF for both teams.

Sniper overwatch.

The list goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

In the old chemical storage place, install some red lights and a smoke machine to create a cool effect,get some radiation signs and danger signs too. You might have to make some safety rails on the water towers so someone doesn't injure themselves falling off. I think an elimination typed game would be perfect for the facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

you could also run a senario where a hostage is held captive by a group (which you will arange), then teams of players would take turns at trying to rescue the hostage and scored according to time taken, hostage alived or dead, team members shot/killed and terrorists taken out/ taken hostage.

Could then have a prise or something at the end (two free days for the team or something). not that you would need a prize, getting one up on another team would be prize enough to generate friendly competition.

You could even let the waiting and finished teams talk and it would be up to the teams waiting to go if they trusted the "intel" they were gathering or the other team could be feeding them false intel.

the site sounds like it would lend itself very well to that type of game having rooms and offices to clear and multiple levels/stair cases to secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

you could also run a senario where a hostage is held captive by a group (which you will arange), then teams of players would take turns at trying to rescue the hostage and scored according to time taken, hostage alived or dead, team members shot/killed and terrorists taken out/ taken hostage.

Could then have a prise or something at the end (two free days for the team or something). not that you would need a prize, getting one up on another team would be prize enough to generate friendly competition.

You could even let the waiting and finished teams talk and it would be up to the teams waiting to go if they trusted the "intel" they were gathering or the other team could be feeding them false intel.

the site sounds like it would lend itself very well to that type of game having rooms and offices to clear and multiple levels/stair cases to secure.

Prizes definitely keep people motivated and will make people more involved in the game and they will enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gunner_twotone

An idea i have been currently working with.... a prison break scenario.

3 teams

team 1 - in mates who sneak weapons in and turn on the guards

team 2 - special security task force to eliminate threats and rescue and hostages

team 3 - the real spanner in the works, a cell unit that teams 1 and 2 must join forces and have one big battle till the end.

The overall game could last anything from 6-24 hours with all 3 teams having their own missions and goals, with great chances for teams 2 and 3 to use stealth.

Team 1 would be begginer skirmishers

Team 2 would be fairly robust and experienced

Team 3 would be Veterans

It wouldn.t take an awful lot to plan the entire game and using the guide lins from IAA, weapons and kit would be checked.

All we need is a place like an old office block or warehouse.

What do ye's think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

This sounds great. :)

I like a bit of hostage rescue myself, particularly when it's down to realism and MilSim standards. Depending on where you are in the world, what are the chances of small scale MilSim days for teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Bora wrote: »
    Hi all, I basically need a show of hands in who would be interested in a cqb element of airsoft...own a factory and its grounds and if i see a good demand it will be refurbished for airsoft, front of building contains 2 floors of offices, which lead to a large factory floor and a power/computer control room on the 2nd floor...there is also a basement which is as large as the factory floor and contains an old chemical storage area which has been vacinnated and decontaminated, but looks like a nuclear silo if the right 'paintwork' would be added...also a docking bay at the rear with a small storage/warehouse...outside are 4 oil/water towers which will be refurbished and safe to climb(snipers will be happy). Roof is also accessible but my insurer told me there was too much risk invovling skirmishes on a roof top so roof will be off limits...i am doing this for airsoft, not myself, so feel free to give ideas, i want to give the best experience possible, i have 6 instructors lined up and will also be offering cqb training/sharpening for you vets:) team games will have discount from regular games and i will hold tourneys. protective face masks must be worn no exceptions, anyone removing their mask purposely and playing will be banned for a year, regardless of who you are, masks and throat guards will be provided. but here is the real question to get me started, what game types do you guys want to see??

I read that and thought "Counter-Strike" :eek:

When and where do I sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

location location location

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

At the right price and location, I'm interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Sounds excellent....definitely love to try that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ill hold my breathe till i see it

alot of cqb sites seem to be just popping up randomly recently, and a guy with a site this good, first post...just a tad sceptical

but sounds good

hopefully in dublin :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Location is the biggest factor here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

sounds amazing!!!

hostage rescue wouls be cool or getting in to the building to disarm some WMD's with your basment set out like nuck silo!

where about is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Most of the scenarios mentioned are concentrating on getting to an object to take it or to retrieve it for transport elsewhere. A site such as this should have scenarios based more heavily on use of the terrain. Capture and control scenarios for areas rather than objects, exfiltration missions etc. Things that will encourage or even require the use of the enhanced terrain in an intelligent manner, such as ambushes, rearguard attacks etc.
    Smash-and-grab scenarios like "get the bomb and bring it here" would be a shameful waste of a tactically challenging environment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yep id love to know where its located,
    OP forgive me for being so skeptical about the possibility of this ever happening but in the past such sites have been mentioned and never materialized, is there any chance of getting a few pics up to see what the place is like? Id defo be interested if we can get something comfirmed to be legit., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I'm so happy I just s**t my pants!

[EDIT] Please don't ban me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Count me in..............But where the blody hell are ya???????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

This sounds great. :)

I like a bit of hostage rescue myself, particularly when it's down to realism and MilSim standards. Depending on where you are in the world, what are the chances of small scale MilSim days for teams?

+1 this sounds good would be defo up for milsim :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

This would be pretty epic alright! :)
    Could sure have some interesting clan matches here!

But seriously, where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

Just to confirm you are saying that it is 400 meters x 90 meters eg. 118000 square foot?

As most of you are aware I am in the process of setting up a site myself and as such am very aware of the cost of such sizable site. At current rates this site could be rented for just over 1 million euro per year.

I agree with the other posters who truly wish for a site like this in Ireland however I will remain skeptical until I see such a site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

this could be in the middle of nowhere, e.g. Cork.
    hence, cheap rental costs, maybe 4 sheep, 2 cattle and a bag of potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

shblob wrote: »
    this could be in the middle of nowhere, e.g. Cork.
    hence, cheap rental costs, maybe 4 sheep, 2 cattle and a bag of potatoes.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

Even in cork the price per square foot is anywhere between 8-15 Euro per square foot.

Sorry to be so blunt but this is either the guy who recently won the lotto and has no need for cash or is taking the mick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

+1 to kiwi,

basic location , even tell a mod or it isnt real.

i'd be too skeptical at the moment - heard it all before.

updat e- apologys , just read the other thread with the poll , northside dublin , shame with me being in cork and all.
    still might make the trip though.

Advertisement