Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriend sleeps on the floor???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Special K wrote: »
    Lighten up like. Oh and Blitzkrieg, you must have been reading Willie O Dea's Coping in an Emergency booklet. Preparing for the falling debris yeah?

nope.

Just feel very comfortable sleeping under a table.

Doesnt help that a part of work involves me rewiring stuff under a table at the studio.

*heh*

got stuck waiting for something to render out at the end of my shift yesterday, went under the table for a quick nap, Monkeyfudge had to come in an hour and a half later to wake me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 makotest

Thrill wrote: »
    She could also be someone who doesn't believe in sex before marriage.

Ye a frigid loser in other words. six months!! dump that zero get yourself a hero.

I mean its the modern age, sex is man..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Yes it's a single feckin bed, but that isn't the issue. So you'd rather sleep on the floor for a comfortable sleep rather than squish in the bed with your girlfriend? Isn't single bed sex the best anyhow?? Sure there only needs to be enough room for him to lie down, no??

When i had to move away for college and my boyfriend at the time came down he'd be in my single with me til it came to sleepin then he'd just kip on the floor. Its not very comfy sleeping 2 in a single bed. Neither of us got any sleep and with him workin the next day he needed it. It was no big deal for us so get over it they have their reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

actually this just reminded me, I had a recent housemate who would sleep on the floor when her boyfriend was over because she cant sleep in a single bed with another person in it.

Not that they didnt have sex its just that after it she gets out and sleeps on the floor or in the sitting room or in one case I believe it was the hall because Bioshock came out and I stayed up all night playing it in the sitting room (I am such a nerd :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I can lie in a single bed with my boyfriend but if I have to actually try to sleep it just wont happen if I'm squished. That's after over 4 years together and I don't think it's one bit weird. If someone needs to be in the same bed as their boyfriend/girlfriend and thinks there's something wrong with sleeping separately then perhaps there are a few issues with insecurity that need to be dealt with.

I also think it's a bit weird to be talking about your friend's sex life or lack thereof on the internet.

Why not talk about your own sex life, see how that feels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

janeybabe wrote: »
    I can lie in a single bed with my boyfriend but if I have to actually try to sleep it just wont happen if I'm squished. That's after over 4 years together and I don't think it's one bit weird. If someone needs to be in the same bed as their boyfriend/girlfriend and thinks there's something wrong with sleeping separately then perhaps there are a few issues with insecurity that need to be dealt with.

I also think it's a bit weird to be talking about your friend's sex life or lack thereof on the internet.

Why not talk about your own sex life, see how that feels!

well said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

janeybabe wrote: »
    I can lie in a single bed with my boyfriend but if I have to actually try to sleep it just wont happen if I'm squished.

I hate that you are probably right. I was hoping for a more scandelous outcome.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So no Spooning or Forking? He is very cutlery deprived!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

antodeco wrote: »
    So no Spooning or Forking? He is very cutlery deprived!! :pac:

Nah man, sporking is much better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

mike65 wrote: »
    Some peeps need a hard flat surface to sleep, someone I knew as a child had two wide planks of wood beneath the matress.

Mike.

If the wood was under the mattress wouldn't it be a soft surface?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

No, because the wood supports better. You can feel it under the matress.

Honestly I've done the whole sleep on the floor thing before too. If its too hot, you gotta get up early in the morning and the bed is already taken by your SO then its a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I used to sleep in the bath. Not bad when you throw 5 quilts in there and you dont even need to get up to pee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

op, im hoping ur username isnt a reflection of your habits!! not good, not good, watch out for the "k" "hole" ! eeesh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

Sleeping as spoons is a good sleep to me. Different strokes for different folks

Exactly, and also ya can lob it into her in the mornin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Maybe your friend is just fugly. You should move in on the bloke, he sounds like a real catch...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

It's all probably just a trick to try get you to stop slagging them as to what they get up to, they probably thought having him dash for the sitting room couch early in the morning had too high a chance of him being caught in transit.;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Yes it's a single feckin bed, but that isn't the issue. So you'd rather sleep on the floor for a comfortable sleep rather than squish in the bed with your girlfriend? Isn't single bed sex the best anyhow?? Sure there only needs to be enough room for him to lie down, no??

hell yeah, if it was a single bed, i would so prefer sleeping on floor. Single beds are for one person. you cannot fit two people comfortably in a single bed and expect to get any sleep.

anyway, why are you so stressed about? what happens behind closed doors and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Please remember to tie a knot in your pajamas,
    Single beds were only made for 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Now this changes everything. I am mad about my boyfriend. Been going out a year and moving in together in a few weeks, but when he visits me in college, where I have a single bed, it's the floor for one of us. He snores and I can't stand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Why doesn't your friend just save up for a double bed? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Just wondering what people's opinions are on the following. My friend, who is 22, has been going out with a guy for 6 months. We used to joke and slag them off about what they'd get up to in the bedroom, but a passing comment the other day, suggested otherwise! She basically said he sleeps on the floor in her bedroom, and I saw our spare quilt in her room. I can understand them not having sex and the likes, but sleeping on the floor??!! How weird is that!! :S

why dont you spend a little more time looking after your own affairs instead of gossiping about your "friend" over an internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Oh so I can't pass time by gossiping mindlessly [as that is all it was, wasn't meant as scornful or mocking in any way] over an unimportant issue, yet a thread such as "Does tit size/knob size matter?" can be set up and not scorned at? I don't need to tend to my own affairs, as it was only meant to see what the general opinion was. I myself must admit that I'd never thought that people slept on the floor in a relationship, just going by previous experiences. Sin é. I pride myself on being a pretty damn good friend. Harmless banter. For the sake of making a thread and all seeing as I'm a newbie. Why not I say. God dammit. I can spell properly and it was a query, hence why it was in After Hours. Some people need to get a sense of humour, I hear they're giving them away for free somewhere. The label on the bottle says "Lighten Up". Comes with a warning though: "Don't expect this humour to work on dry arsed people who jump down the throats of anyone engaging in some harmless and passive gossip". End of!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you have a wet arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

yet a thread such as "Does tit size/knob size matter?" can be set up and not scorned at?

Your thread is about a specific person and a bit gossipy. Those threads aren't.

Eh I thought it was specific but as it turns out, plenty of girlfriends and boyfriends seem to opt for the floor so ehhhhhhhh therefore, it isn't specific. And no RuggieBear I don't enjoy having a wet arse. Haven't you ever heard of the term "dry sense of humour" or "dry arse"?? Perhaps I'm wasted on this forum! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Oh so I can't pass time by gossiping mindlessly [as that is all it was, wasn't meant as scornful or mocking in any way] over an unimportant issue, yet a thread such as "Does tit size/knob size matter?" can be set up and not scorned at? I don't need to tend to my own affairs, as it was only meant to see what the general opinion was. I myself must admit that I'd never thought that people slept on the floor in a relationship, just going by previous experiences. Sin é. I pride myself on being a pretty damn good friend. Harmless banter. For the sake of making a thread and all seeing as I'm a newbie. Why not I say. God dammit. I can spell properly and it was a query, hence why it was in After Hours. Some people need to get a sense of humour, I hear they're giving them away for free somewhere. The label on the bottle says "Lighten Up". Comes with a warning though: "Don't expect this humour to work on dry arsed people who jump down the throats of anyone engaging in some harmless and passive gossip". End of!

Dja know what? Ignore all these moany people on boards. Your post was completely harmless, lets just put it down to the lack of action in their lives coming over them ey? On another note, I found this thread very amusing so fair f*cks to ya! :D

Thanks very much. Wasn't meant to be amusing, was just meant to pass a couple of hours for me and see if a thread I set up could get a load of views ha! Twas just a comment she made and myself & another housemate were wondering if it was the norm, so I had the bright idea of putting it to the nation. Ehhhh not very well, though it did seem like all the laydees were the ones getting defensive. Perhaps there's a reason behind that.....! And yes I will ignore the moany people. Life's too short to be uptight! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I dated a guy for 5 months and I stayed over most weekends - he had a single bed and we shared it, no problems :D

Must be just each to their own. I personally would just find it out, considering if the only time we got to spend with each other alone, he slept on the floor. Not even suggesting that sex is the issue, but I'd prefer to be cuddled up with him and endure the "suffering" should there be any :) thanks for the comments anyhow! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm telling ya, spoons is the way.

Every girl likes a panda snuggle when she sleeps.

Advertisement