Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriend sleeps on the floor???

Options
  • 26-04-2008 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Just wondering what people's opinions are on the following. My friend, who is 22, has been going out with a guy for 6 months. We used to joke and slag them off about what they'd get up to in the bedroom, but a passing comment the other day, suggested otherwise! She basically said he sleeps on the floor in her bedroom, and I saw our spare quilt in her room. I can understand them not having sex and the likes, but sleeping on the floor??!! How weird is that!! :S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Maybe he likes sleeping on the floor, its quite comfortable. I do it myself sometimes when watching tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

might be more comfortable for him ( especially if its a single bed?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Maybe she's a farter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i like sleeping under tables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some peeps need a hard flat surface to sleep, someone I knew as a child had two wide planks of wood beneath the matress.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Your right there. That's weird sure enough. She should be the one sleeping on the floor.

Poor guy must be whipped to let that happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Why would you prefer "comfort" on the floor over sleeping in a bed with your girlfriend??? And there's nathing wrong with his back. As I said before, they don't have sex. Couldn't be anything wrong with his back.

None of yours or our business.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    None of yours or our business.
    Lighten up like. Oh and Blitzkrieg, you must have been reading Willie O Dea's Coping in an Emergency booklet. Preparing for the falling debris yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe she is afraid of surprise night sex?

Are you sure your friend doesn't enjoy her own space in the bed, if its a single bed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus I've just realised this thread is in AH, I thought it was a serious matter :pac:

Mike.

Maybe she's just being cautious. She may be afraid that if they were both in the same bed and one night they both felt horny and couldn't control themselves then they could end up with a sprog nine months down the road.

She could also be someone who doesn't believe in sex before marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Maybe she is afraid of surprise night sex?

There are people who DON'T like this? :confused:

I'm making my boyfriend sleep on the couch tonight. And I'm not even at his!

Yes it's a single feckin bed, but that isn't the issue. So you'd rather sleep on the floor for a comfortable sleep rather than squish in the bed with your girlfriend? Isn't single bed sex the best anyhow?? Sure there only needs to be enough room for him to lie down, no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Theres either virginity-ness or gayness happening here.

I like the farting option though. At least there could have been sex before it. Or after the farting. There is no accounting for what people are into.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I hate sharing single beds. I can't sleep at all if I'm too hot.

Even in a double bed I make sure there is as much space between us as possible.

Maybe one or both of them is like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I can't sleep in a single bed with a girl. I just can't get comfortable. You sure are getting rather defensive over this "friend"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Single beds aren't comfortable with two people in them, particularly if you like your bedspace.

Anyways,

What kind of friend would you consider yourself seeing as you're discussing their private business with a bunch of strangers on the internet without her knowing (presumably)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Special K wrote: »
    Yes it's a single feckin bed, but that isn't the issue. So you'd rather sleep on the floor for a comfortable sleep rather than squish in the bed with your girlfriend? Isn't single bed sex the best anyhow?? Sure there only needs to be enough room for him to lie down, no??

you seem awfully interested in their sleeping arrangements OP...perhaps a little too interested?

Who are you freaks who prefer sleeping on the floor? I'll keep that in mind next time I nab myself a boyfriend and need an excuse for no sex. "Sorry dear but I can't sleep when I'm too hot, get on the floor". Then again he may enjoy that dominatrix ordering stuff. Hmmm.

• Advertisement

Who are you freaks who prefer sleeping on the floor? I'll keep that in mind next time I nab myself a boyfriend and need an excuse for no sex. "Sorry dear but I can't sleep when I'm too hot, get on the floor". Then again he may enjoy that dominatrix ordering stuff. Hmmm.
    You seem to follow an odd logic. As has clearly been pointed out, it could be the fact that they can't sleep together in the single bed. This is not to say they can't have the sexy time before the sleepy time on the floor. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I hate sharing single beds. I can't sleep at all if I'm too hot.

Even in a double bed I make sure there is as much space between us as possible.

Maybe one or both of them is like me.
    yh im defo not a spooner and in a single bed i wouldnt sleep id have to sleep on the floor. To feckin warm and no room to sprawl out and sleep

rb_ie wrote: »
    Single beds aren't comfortable with two people in them, particularly if you like your bedspace.

Anyways,

What kind of friend would you consider yourself seeing as you're discussing their private business with a bunch of strangers on the internet without her knowing (presumably)?
    Isn't that what the fantastic internet is for? And yes I'm intrigued that someone would be in a relationship yet he sleeps on the floor. I thought it was quite weird. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

If see really loved him she'd sleep on the floor too :D

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Is he a Klingon?

Isn't that what the fantastic internet is for? And yes I'm intrigued that someone would be in a relationship yet he sleeps on the floor. I thought it was quite weird. Each to their own.
    Okay I can understand [sort of] the need to sprawl out and the likes, but, he only stays over maybe 1 night a week, so I figured they'd only be too glad to cosy up? And there's no sexy time. But that's okay. There doesn't have to be. I would just prefer to cuddle up in bed rather than have my boyfriend [if I had one!] sleep on the floor!

Sherifu wrote: »
    Is he a Klingon?
    Hey, they're sleeping, not shitting!

She basically said he sleeps on the floor in her bedroom

Is his sleeping on the floor, her idea or his?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sleeping as spoons is a good sleep to me. Different strokes for different folks

• Advertisement

Sleeping as spoons is a good sleep to me. Different strokes for different folks

But for her friend, there is no spoon.

Advertisement