Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders

Options
  • 23-04-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Is Eastenders driving anyone else mad recently? I don't know why I watch it any more, but it's so bad I can't help it.

Like last night with Sean and Gus:

Sean: you can't go here, here or here any more because I just decided you can't.

Gus: but I have to sweep those streets, how am I going to do my job?

Sean: Good point, well that's just tough luck isn't it?

Gus: Yes. Yes it is. Oh well.

WTF?! Why doesn't Gus tell him to go fcuk himself?

And then Minty marrying Heather because he wants someone to watch televison with. Someone should tell him you don't have to be married to do that.

Do they change scriptwriters for every episode or something? Because none of the storylines seem to fit together. Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Yes, I can empathise with you..that Gus/Sean storyline is also driving me mad!
    I mean, everybody know what an ass Sean is and what he being like to Gus, why don't they put up a stand and turf him out! Gus needs to grow some balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Agreed. I really can't stand sean, not because of this story line but i just really don't rate him as an actor. I heard that he's leaving it and going to Hollywood coz brad pitt's agent seen him and is taking him under his wing. Can you believe that like? The same frown and cheesy smile AHHHH!! The lad can't act.

What have they done to Phil as well? Used to be ard as nails!! Now he's a puppy! The directors should know that the gangsta story lines are most appealing and work the best.

Did you hear Sheila from Shameless (don't know her real name) is coming into it as Phil's love interest......

Ah jaysus! I just wanted to throw the remote at the tv tonight..I mean Sean making Gus quit his job and move away/putting Gus inside the room and him escaping only to have Sean come after him!! Grrr!
    Oh and roxy and jack..tut tut! I just wana ronnie and jack to be together and happy. Then theres Tanya in the light now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Eastenders is the only soap I can watch, but I really hate how the men are all pussywhipped(for lack of a better word) The Women are geebags and always have the upper hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Gave up on this for a while but somehow ended up watching it the last couple of nights. Who is that girl with the black hair, the one who got in the fight with the other two girls last night? She's around 20 and she keeps talking about being taken into care. where did she come from and what is she to Bianca?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Gave up on this for a while but somehow ended up watching it the last couple of nights. Who is that girl with the black hair, the one who got in the fight with the other two girls last night? She's around 20 and she keeps talking about being taken into care. where did she come from and what is she to Bianca?

She is Bianca's step daughter. Her ex-boyfriend (can't remember his name) died in a car crash so she is taking care of her. Lol she is supposed to be 15 and her name is Whitney btw.

Thanks for that, I was all confused because she was talking about Bianca like she was her mother, I thought she was actually supposed to be her daughter, you know the way Eastenders just invent characters :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Thanks for that, I was all confused because she was talking about Bianca like she was her mother, I thought she was actually supposed to be her daughter, you know the way Eastenders just invent characters :pac:

No probs. Yeah they tend to invent new chars :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Chelsea wins the award for the quickest drug addiction ever! A week and shes a junkie? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lots of pretty faces but the storyline are very shallow to say the least

May's back! I wonder what she's up to!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

did no one else think how bad it was that they had Dawn putting fake tan on the kid for the baby contest!

Yeah!!! And then her saying she put makeup on over it to cover the streaks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

genie_us wrote: »
    did no one else think how bad it was that they had Dawn putting fake tan on the kid for the baby contest!

:eek: Yeah, who the hell would put that on their 1yr old child

What's the story with Max coming back? How many more people can Eastenders bring back from the dead??

We were all aware that he didn't die though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

How come he has forgiven tanya for burrying him alive? He never even mentioned it.

He's knows that he pushed her to it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

phi3 wrote: »
    How come he has forgiven tanya for burrying him alive? He never even mentioned it.

Does anyone else think that was one of the most daftest storylines ever? I just found it rather farfetched

• Advertisement

I obviously missed the episode where Tanya went back and dug him up or whatever, my friend filled me in the other night.

I obviously missed the episode where Tanya went back and dug him up or whatever, my friend filled me in the other night.

She dug him up???

phi3 wrote: »
    She dug him up???

I dunno :o I just figured that since her and Sean had buried him alive she must have dug him back up :confused:

I dunno :o I just figured that since her sand Sean had buried him alive she must have dug him back up :confused:

I dont know what happened. I was missing that day too :D I'm a bit confused about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

They buried him and Tanya lay awake all night thinking about it and then ran out of the house, managed to find the exact spot where they buried him in the black dark in a massive forest and dug him up seemingly as he was breathing his last breath. He then tried to strangle her......the cheek of him.....and they had a little heart to heart he left the square and said to text him whenever she wanted him to come home. Thats where we are now......Abi text him instead of tanya. Pretty straight forward really!

foxy06 wrote: »
    They buried him and Tanya lay awake all night thinking about it and then ran out of the house, managed to find the exact spot where they buried him in the black dark in a massive forest and dug him up seemingly as he was breathing his last breath. He then tried to strangle her......the cheek of him.....and they had a little heart to heart he left the square and said to text him whenever she wanted him to come home. Thats where we are now......Abi text him instead of tanya. Pretty straight forward really!
    Thanxs for clearing that up. I thought he was underground all this time and dug himself out and turned up at abi's party

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ah, I'm bored with the Max and Tanya storyline. If he says "I've changed Tan" one more time I shall scream!

Loving the actress who plays Stacey's mother (can't think of her name) - she's super and she's so .....twittery! Plays the part really well.

Where is Sean? He turned up at the pub the other day but I don't know what happened him after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

That sounds hilarious.

Now it all makes sense :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monte Cristo

I agree with the original post. Eastenders, despite all the money it has to spend, has gone to the dogs. The latest "Mad Baby Stealing Doctor Blowing Herself Up" storyline was so ridiculous and on top of the burying Max alive scenario has taken the whole thing a bridge too far.

It's like they think that if they can throw money and special effects and something then it's automatically going to be brilliant but the problem is you have to keep pushing the boat out each time. what's next? A nuclear explosion in the Square?

Good soaps used to be based on good believable characters that you got close to so no matter how everyday and mundane their stories were, you found yourself interested.

It's also getting harder and harder to identify with anything that happens in some soaps because of the extreme nature of the stories.

Advertisement