Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs in Ennis

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can anyone recommend a good pub for a drink in Ennis on a week night. I used to go to the halfway house but it seems to have gone downhill over the last year or two. Just a quiet pub with a good pint, friendly staff and a dartboard would be a bonus.
    Gleeson's in the Turnpike would meet most of those requests and not too far from the Halfway. Otherwise, I think there's a couple of bar's in Clarecastle with dart boards (don't know exactly sorry), I don't know of any in town itself

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The place that used to be sullies, bar 26 all bar 1, whatever it's called now, beside Knoxes..
    It's run now by the fella who used to run D'arcy's so there's probably a dart board in there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Akrasia wrote: »
    The place that used to be sullies, bar 26 all bar 1, whatever it's called now, beside Knoxes..
    It's run now by the fella who used to run D'arcy's so there's probably a dart board in there now.

that guys name is martin, and the pub is called all bar one.........

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Akrasia wrote: »
    Theres definitely a dart board in there, was in there for the first time last Sunday playing darts!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

That place that Mark kelly runs on the Quin Rd used to be good for a few quiet ones during the week a couple of years ago. Don't know about now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

Mickey Kerins for a good pint

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dricktalk

Hi,
    a mate is considering where to go for a stag weekend and thought of Ennis....would it be a good spot for a bunch of lads on the lash for the wkend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

dricktalk wrote: »
    Hi,
    a mate is considering where to go for a stag weekend and thought of Ennis....would it be a good spot for a bunch of lads on the lash for the wkend?

Lots of people come to Ennis for a stag......... loadsa pubs,hotels and very busy weekend nights so i would think it will be exactly what yer looking for....

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

It's a pretty nice spot for something like that alright. The Queens is better (decor and atmosphere wise if not music wise) than most of the nightclubs in the country IMO. But then I'm not a big nightclub person so maybe I'm not a good judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Ciaran's and Patricks are my two favourite bars in Ennis, both have a great atmosphere and are imo really well run and sure if it's afterhours you're looking for Ciarans is your only place!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

It's a pretty nice spot for something like that alright. The Queens is better (decor and atmosphere wise if not music wise) than most of the nightclubs in the country IMO. But then I'm not a big nightclub person so maybe I'm not a good judge.

The Queens is ****e. They are by no means comparable to the larger clubs in Dublin. Whats worse is the fact they charge MORE than the clubs in Dublin.

Even places like Diceys which is known to be expensive only charges €10 at the door.

Also, lets not forget Dublin clubs don't kick ye out until after three on weekends sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'm not very familiar with Dublin clubs. Haven't been in any of the decent ones anyway. All I know is Cork doesn't have anything nice except maybe the Pavillion, which sort of sucks as well because the smoking area can only comfortably fit 10 people. I like the new Queens layout because you can get around it easily without having to push and shove past people. The music still sucks but what can you do. That's what people want to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

CptSternn wrote: »
    The Queens is ****e. They are by no means comparable to the larger clubs in Dublin. Whats worse is the fact they charge MORE than the clubs in Dublin.

Even places like Diceys which is known to be expensive only charges €10 at the door.

Also, lets not forget Dublin clubs don't kick ye out until after three on weekends sure.

diceys is a late bar not a nightclub, and theres plenty of nightclubs in dublin charging more than 10 euro in, come to think of it theres plenty in cork, limerick and galway charging more than a tenner in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Cruises is one of the nicest pubs not just in Ennis but in the entire Midwest. Esp in winter when the fire is going and they stick on a bit of Christy Moore. Guinness is tasty there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

topper75 wrote: »
    Cruises is one of the nicest pubs not just in Ennis but in the entire Midwest. Esp in winter when the fire is going and they stick on a bit of Christy Moore. Guinness is tasty there.

Too many tourists looking for leprechauns there sure! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sam.cols

I thought brandons was a chemist. :D they got worst night club of the year not too long ago, thats why they removed the cover charge and hiked up the price of cans.

Try the copper jug in Lifford if you want a place that keeps serving :).
    Lol is right,

Where have al the good pubs gone?
    The Barge Rooms / Kearneys was great, & Tom Steeles used to be hopping from Thursday to Sunday, Lifford area in general was very busy & the rest of the pubs along that strip, The Copper is some craic & has a great beer garden aswel.
    Where is nice to go to now in Ennis? because i am @ complete odds with it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Zombie thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement