Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide - the Budget Gaming PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

splinter wrote: »
    hi folks, looking for a bit of help. i am looking for a gaming machine to replace a laptop, ideally dont want to spend much more than 600. looking for a 2.4 dualcore, 4gig of ram and a 512 graphics card. HDD doesnt have to be any more than 500gig as i have a few externals. any advise is much appreciated. im based in dublin so local would be ideal but if i have to ill go online

Mark

Do you want a monitor as well the above for €600? If so, what size? You'll prob have to go online for some bargains unless you're buying a second hand machine.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

no monitor not included, i will be looking for a 22inch flatscreen but that will be seperate of the 600

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

TheZenWithin: Okay, this'll take awhile and you may not like the result of this postmortem (other posters will probably disagree with it anyway.. meh :rolleyes: )

First big question: Why do you hate the E5200? If you dont OC then the E7200 isn't very good value in comparison. If you do OC, its even worse. Some disturbing results do suggest the current batch of mid-grade chips (E7000/Q8000) have "issues"; they're behaving worse than the low-grade chips (don't be fooled by the "Pentium" badge, they're just a minutely less power-efficient version of the better Core2s set to run on a lower FSB) If you're dead set against the E5200 for no reason other than its badge then forget about your budget and get a E8400 (cheapest of the high-grade chips and actually superior enough to the E5200 to warrant the price, especially if you don't OC)

In any case:

CPU: E5200 saves you money and will usually boast much better stability at higher frequencies (current E7000 batch seems to fall apart horribly past 3.5GHz, requiring increasingly mad voltages for tiny speed increases), only caveat is that you have to OC (albeit only to 3.33GHz) to get PC8500 memory up to full rated speed. Given that it runs at a very low stock voltage I doubt there are any mATX boards out there that can't reach that with ease.

Mobo: Why the Intel? There's a plentiful supply of MSI and a few Gigabyte mATX G41/43/45 there for less.

RAM: Crucial fails nowadays :( Those modules are nice but the huge latencies hurts the performance. At least they're not Ballistix... (mmm RAM BBQ!) Plus with just the one module you won't have Dual Channel.

Case: Nice and good value! Bear in mind it might be a bit bigger than you imagine, those LAN boxes usually are :p Just hate the fact that it only has 2*60mm exhausts, they're allegedly very quiet but this suggests the PSU will be the extractor of most of the hot air in there... Also bear in mind that the PSU will leave very little vertical clearance over the CPU for coolers!

Optical: Meh. Seems grand, up for suggestions. Some said NECs can be noisy. Try Asus, they're worse :p

Graphics: Epic win. A great performer at stock speeds and has amazing OC headroom (GPU OCs approaching 40% and raw FPS increases exceeding 30% are quite possible, plus that card has the cooling to go the distance). Be wary of some heat pooling with that wireless card in there. Just note that a 22" monitor may have a very high native resolution (at least 1900*1080) that you may have trouble hitting without taking full advantage of said OC and scaling back some graphics settings. Or lowering resolution and putting up with some loss of visual quality. No way around that other than completely blowing your budget apart on cutting-edge graphics :(

HDD: No problems here :)

WiFi: Never heard of TPLink before. Plus you're limited to 54Mbps and taking up valuable real estate in the case (mATX remember?) Other than that it seems fine.

PSU: Please don't tell me you're buying that insult to computing for that retarded keyring gimmick?! BTW that PSU has blown up in reviews. I doubt it could power your build at stock speeds... Not a huge amount of data on this specific PSU, but NorthQ are known for good high-end PSUs and truly vile low-end ones. Like this. Its actually a Kingnod (lol) who have a history of overrating their PSUs - this is probably a ~300W model in real life. They really cheap out on dodgy capacitors, but its actually the PFC that explodes, typically when you try to approach 350W. D'oh. Unless you're thinking of a Corsair CX400 I'd suggest you revise the wattage upward. And the price upward. Far upward.

Edit: apologies, slow updates. Komplett seems to be having a bad web day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

Ok that is probably the best answer ive gotten so far. thanks. so what will i swap out for with the PSU, CPU or the ram and mobo?

I chose the psu cause it was cheap cause i cant tell the difference between them all.

and i dont have to get an mATX case.

its all optional still.

max is €600 ex vat

Depends on whether you overclock or not. If you do then power and cooling will be slightly more of an issue, but some cheaper components and combinations thereof suddenly become very good value. The E5200 and the Sapphire "value" HD4830 are good examples of such. They still cannot beat a much, much better part, but such parts can cost 2-3 times as much. DO you overclock (or intend to with this build)? It changes some things a bit.

As for mATX or not, is portability or looks a concern? ATX boards have better expansion options and more stable (plus Intel mATX boards are getting curiously expensive) but cases for such are a pain to cart around; if sheer weight is an issue then mATX and that case are perfectly good alternatives, just don't expect to get an E5200 running over 4GHz on one :p mATX boards have far less options for increasing CPU and memory voltages than full ATX boards can manage. You don't need that if you aren't overclocking of course! But if you do want to then boards like the MSI G43M2-F (~€20 cheaper than the Intel you picked) can reach CPU voltages close to the official Intel safety limit and power almost any memory modules you can throw at it, so light to moderate OCing is quite possible. Big complaint with the above motherboard: it only has two DIMM slots, so only two memory modules.

The PSU listed was a dog alright. Unfortunately you tend to get only what you pay for with PSUs and there's no way to overclock those :p Certain brands tend to be better than others, not least because they actually supply the power they claim to! (many cheapo units quote the peak values, which can only be sustained for ~60 seconds) Again, its what you want to do vis-a-vis overclocking that has an effect here. Komplett isn't swimming with cheap-and-cheerful PSUs (and believe me you wouldn't want a non-cheerful one!) so I'm sticking with Corsair (among the best you can get) here. I'm not 100% sure if you can get away with a 400W PSU with this build, but if its possible I bet the Corsair CX400 would be it. ~€39 sans VAT. If you want to overclock (and/or you intend to get a HD4850 instead), or even just for peace of mind, you'd be looking at the Corsair VX550 for ~€55. A bit of a jump eh? But the Antec 430HE and the Corsair VX450 are on the wrong side of the jump, so there's little point saving €3-5 and losing ~25% of the power output. And before anyone jumps in, no, I don't care about the Fortrons there, they're not much cheaper and FSP is fail. (seriously, FSP/OCZ cheapo PSUs could just cut it before Corsair came out to play, but 3 years have passed since!)

Crucial used to be the name for performance memory, but then there was Burning Ballistix year :o ...and their new mainstream stuff is pretty rank. CL7?! No heatspreaders either, although the modules run at a curiously low voltage, the big advantage of which being that a very limited mATX board can actually run them at the full 1066MHz (most mATX motherboards can run modules with higher rated voltages nowadays anyway). I'm not sure how much of a performance hit you'd take as a result, plus you really need two modules (which would give you more memory but at twice the price) for full benefit.

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    Depends on whether you overclock or not. If you do then power and cooling will be slightly more of an issue, but some cheaper components and combinations thereof suddenly become very good value. The E5200 and the Sapphire "value" HD4830 are good examples of such. They still cannot beat a much, much better part, but such parts can cost 2-3 times as much. DO you overclock (or intend to with this build)? It changes some things a bit.

As for mATX or not, is portability or looks a concern? ATX boards have better expansion options and more stable (plus Intel mATX boards are getting curiously expensive) but cases for such are a pain to cart around; if sheer weight is an issue then mATX and that case are perfectly good alternatives, just don't expect to get an E5200 running over 4GHz on one :p mATX boards have far less options for increasing CPU and memory voltages than full ATX boards can manage. You don't need that if you aren't overclocking of course! But if you do want to then boards like the MSI G43M2-F (~€20 cheaper than the Intel you picked) can reach CPU voltages close to the official Intel safety limit and power almost any memory modules you can throw at it, so light to moderate OCing is quite possible. Big complaint with the above motherboard: it only has two DIMM slots, so only two memory modules.

The PSU listed was a dog alright. Unfortunately you tend to get only what you pay for with PSUs and there's no way to overclock those :p Certain brands tend to be better than others, not least because they actually supply the power they claim to! (many cheapo units quote the peak values, which can only be sustained for ~60 seconds) Again, its what you want to do vis-a-vis overclocking that has an effect here. Komplett isn't swimming with cheap-and-cheerful PSUs (and believe me you wouldn't want a non-cheerful one!) so I'm sticking with Corsair (among the best you can get) here. I'm not 100% sure if you can get away with a 400W PSU with this build, but if its possible I bet the Corsair CX400 would be it. ~€39 sans VAT. If you want to overclock (and/or you intend to get a HD4850 instead), or even just for peace of mind, you'd be looking at the Corsair VX550 for ~€55. A bit of a jump eh? But the Antec 430HE and the Corsair VX450 are on the wrong side of the jump, so there's little point saving €3-5 and losing ~25% of the power output. And before anyone jumps in, no, I don't care about the Fortrons there, they're not much cheaper and FSP is fail. (seriously, FSP/OCZ cheapo PSUs could just cut it before Corsair came out to play, but 3 years have passed since!)

Crucial used to be the name for performance memory, but then there was Burning Ballistix year :o ...and their new mainstream stuff is pretty rank. CL7?! No heatspreaders either, although the modules run at a curiously low voltage, the big advantage of which being that a very limited mATX board can actually run them at the full 1066MHz (most mATX motherboards can run modules with higher rated voltages nowadays anyway). I'm not sure how much of a performance hit you'd take as a result, plus you really need two modules (which would give you more memory but at twice the price) for full benefit.

I was told that about crucial.
    Ok i have wanted to OC anyway but no point OCing a laptop that already struggles to keep itself cool.lol. So what can u OC the pentium dual core to? I'll also OC the 4830.

what ram do u suggest i get then?

the reason i want mATX is for portability. i go to a boarding school so i want to be able to bring it back and forward every weekend. but its not a must, it is just a preference.

i'll probably get the VX550 if not the one below. As i get more funds i will add more upgrades such as crossfire,extra hdd blah blah blah the usual stuff but i just want something that will be a very good start that will be good enough for gaming and video encoding.

so...

e5200
    hd 4830
    atx mobo
    corsair VX550
    4gb of anythin but crucial ram

im getting there.

keep the advice coming. ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

get a 4850 over a 4830

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Prejudice

Long time lurker looking for guidance on a build. Whipped this up, as I am on a severely limited budget. Is there any thing I need to change on this or am I good to go?

Awaiting your replies,

Prejudice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Ok I don't know much about mATX boards or the power supply but almost everything else looks good. However, if you can afford it, I would highly recommend getting a E5200 cpu over the E2200. The E5200, although labelled as a Dual Core, is in reality a Core 2 Duo, meaning its based on a newer technology.

The only other issue I would see would be the graphics card. I know you are on a tight budget but I would recommend that you go with an ATI 4650 at the very least, if not a 4670.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Hi everyone, brilliant thread! It's time for me to get a new PC and I want to build this one. It will be my first time building one so I don't have much of a clue. I can get around the inside of my desktop so I'm not at a total loss but I thought I'd see what you guys would think.
    My budget would be around the 800 mark. I'll need everything. Case, monitor, OS... my budget can go a bit further than 800 but not much.
    I'd be looking for high end everything really. :p Vista, plenty of RAM (would 4 Gigs be plenty?), A large HDD, The best possible prosessor and a good solid graphics card. Something that could manage the latest and greatest. The price would have to include delivery of parts. I'd like a big enough monitor and I'd be looking for high resolutions.
    No idea where to start piecing it all together.

• Advertisement

em ive been looking at the reviews for the E5200 and it performs pretty badly against all the other core 3 duos so now its starting to look like a bad idea....

emm its core 2 duo...not core 3 duo but ye i pressume its a wrong typed number

the e5200 is a very good processor for the price...it is 50 euro cheaper than other processors you probably compared it to and has just as good oc ability so why pay 150€ when you can get a slower processor that can be oc'ed for 70?

yeah sorry for the typo. on paper it doesnt seem very good but what can u over clock to?

u seem to be the only person on this thread recently so i might as well ask u what would be a good atx mobo for €60-120?

some people got it too nearly 4ghz on air but thats a bit extreme......would be very stable at 3ghz

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=352390
    if i was getting a new pc,id get an e5200 and this mobo with a 4850 graphics card and 4gb corsair ram...a 650 watt psu in case of future upgrades and an antec 300 case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

yeah sorry for the typo. on paper it doesnt seem very good but what can u over clock to?

u seem to be the only person on this thread recently so i might as well ask u what would be a good atx mobo for €60-120?

Yes but what paper results are you referring to? Even at stock, the E5200 is quite fast - if you're comparing it to other fully fledged Core 2 Duo's, what you're seeing is probably 'Good vs Better', rather then 'Poor vs Good'. It's all about perspective, I doubt there's any test that shows the E5200 to be lacklustre in anything really outside of maybe professional requirements. I have an E8600, but I used to have an E5200, the difference in games is negligible as the frame rate was already so high/stable with the E5200 at stock that the difference isn't noticeable. The video card is far more important. Now, if you're doing a lot of multi-tasking and encoding, ripping, and similar tasks, then yes the E8600 will take the lead considerably and the difference would be noticable, but it's still far from a slow CPU. Lastly, it overclocks excellently - but all Core 2 based CPU's do. 3Ghz-3.2Ghz would be easily achieved on a basic board and the stock cooler.
    Hi everyone, brilliant thread! It's time for me to get a new PC and I want to build this one. It will be my first time building one so I don't have much of a clue. I can get around the inside of my desktop so I'm not at a total loss but I thought I'd see what you guys would think.
    My budget would be around the 800 mark. I'll need everything. Case, monitor, OS... my budget can go a bit further than 800 but not much.
    I'd be looking for high end everything really. Vista, plenty of RAM (would 4 Gigs be plenty?), A large HDD, The best possible prosessor and a good solid graphics card. Something that could manage the latest and greatest. The price would have to include delivery of parts. I'd like a big enough monitor and I'd be looking for high resolutions.
    No idea where to start piecing it all together.

Here's an example from Komplett for you. All the parts are quality ones, you could easily save a hundred or so by cutting a few corners: Swap the E7300 for an E5200, the corsair PSU for an AXP one, the board for a cheaper mAtx one, the hard drive for a 500gb one, and so on. But at it is, at stock speeds, this build would absolutely tear through any game at the native resolution of the monitor (which is HD resolution) and has plenty of storage space, and quality components.

untitled-28.jpg
    Long time lurker looking for guidance on a build. Whipped this up, as I am on a severely limited budget. Is there any thing I need to change on this or am I good to go?

Awaiting your replies,

Prejudice

As stated, switching that E2200 for an E5200 would be a wise move for a mere 10 odd euro, both overclock excellently but the E5200 has 2mb L2 cache versus 1mb on the E2200, and will be much faster at stock speeds if you're not overclocking. The machine itself is an excellent build for the price - the video card is actually not too bad considering your budget and monitor resolution (1366x768), it'll play games like COD: World at War and Left 4 Dead at high settings at said native resolution pretty well. Of course, the big games like Crysis and GTAIV will struggle much more noticeably at the same settings, but all in all what you've got the money for there is an exceptionally good build! Very impressed, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Prejudice

Thanks for the reply Terror, have updated my build, and am now anxiously awaiting pay day, so I can go out and purchase this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

hey guys, Im thinking of building a cheap machine to be used mostly for serving samba shares and ripping/encoding but with the option of games later on.. I have lots of pc games but don't play them very often at the moment so don't need a good graphics card (but maybe I would want to add one at a later stage, I have a 20" 1680x1050 which would be used if I ever do play games again)
    This machine will be in a closet type area (very large so no airflow problems) and won't have any monitor/kb/mouse connected for the moment, Il be using RDC or Realvnc for control. I have an OS licence so all I need is case/psu/cpu/mobo/ram/small hdd.
    At the moment Im encoding things using Autogk on old Amd hardware (3200+) and it's painfully slow so im looking for an upgrade.

Im thinking an E5200 o/c'd
    Mobo with built-in gpu + pci-e x16 slot (need suggestions for this)
    2gb ram
    450w psu (or would I need more for a later graphics card? id be running 2/3 hdd's, +2 dvd drives)
    The last system I built was Amd 939 so im a bit out of the loop.
    Budget 300-400 or maybe less if possible.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Hey Red, not sure if this helps, but this will run you around 350e. As for the PSU, have a look at the following sites
    http://www.corsair.com/psufinder/default.aspx
    http://www.journeysystems.com/?power_supply_calculator
    http://www.antec.outervision.com/

* AMD Phenom™ 8650 X3 Triple-Core 2,3Ghz 95W, AM2+, 2MB L3 Cache, Boxed
    * Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H, AMD 790GX, Socket-AM2+, ATX, DDR2 , 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16
    * OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT, w/two 2048MB PC6400 XTC, CL5-5-5-4
    * Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S223Q, SATA, 22x, DVDRAM 12x, Black/Silver/Beige, Retail
    * Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM

I like this mobo because it's got a decent on-board graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3300 - 128 MB DDR3 SDRAM) that will hold me over for a few months until I can buy one. I also have to buy a monitor, case and PSU. I found a case w/650W PSU for around 80e, and I bought a brand new 17" Dell monitor for 60e (half price) from adverts(cheap, good and reliable monitor, but will be upgraded to a 20"+ one with HDMI in time). I've got a cheap keyboard and mouse lying around.

In the end the result is a decent cheap gaming pc with lots of room for upgrades.

Thanks Terror. Haven't checked back on this thread in a while. I'm about to start ordering parts for myself!

One or two follow up questions.

Would this graphics card be much of an improvement on the one given in your sample build?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=427002

Also on the issue of processor I've heard of Quad cores. Are they worth the extra money? Looking on Komplett and I would stretch myself to let's say, this:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=344772
    Would a 3 Ghz processor make a noticable difference? Or would there be any problems with these items along with the rest of the build as you've laid it out?

• Advertisement

Would this graphics card be much of an improvement on the one given in your sample build?

Only if you had a good CPU and a monitor capable of 1900x1200 or higher resolution. Otherwise the GTX260+ would already be giving you top performance and the GTX285 would be money down the drain - too much extra money for too little improvement.
    Also on the issue of processor I've heard of Quad cores. Are they worth the extra money?

Only if you want to play GTA IV (or possibly other upcoming games that need 3+ cores) or want mid-heavy applications/multimedia. For a pure gaming machine they're nothing more than a futureproofing measure, and a pricey one at that.
    Would a 3 Ghz processor make a noticable difference? Or would there be any problems with these items along with the rest of the build as you've laid it out?

Not a huge difference, even less when you bear in mind the E5200 can be OCd miles past that with ease. On the other hand the E8400 is a high-binned (i.e. quality) part and could in theory be OCd even higher than the E5200, but I doubt it'd make a critical difference. Nor would it affect the rest of the build.

I have decided to take more time in making this build and putting some more money into it. I have power supply, RAM, motherboard and 750 GB HDD ordered at the moment. I think I'm going to go both with the higher processor and the gigabyte graphics card, as well as a larger moniter to make the most out of it. So my question is in relation to moniters. I was looking at a few different ones on Komplett and the two that seemed to catch my eye the most were both 24" but with a big price difference between them. As far as I can see the cheaper Acer is a far better moniter than the more expensive Samsung but I don't know what a lot of the tech specs are telling me. I've got the idea into my head that I'd like a HD display, large, and something that would be good for gaming but also might double as something to watch things on. (I don't want to say tv).
    These are the two that I spotted.

The Samsung, which I found cheaper on pixmania.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1587534/art/samsung/syncmaster-t240hd-24-wide.html#tech-specs

And the Acer off komplett.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=437377

I'm not sure what I should be looking for and I'd like to hear some thoughts or alternative recommendations.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The T240HD has a built in tuner. Handy if you want to use it as a tv pointless expense if you don't. The T240 is €300 and doesn't have the tuner. I have the T240 and it is great monitor for the money.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1159824/art/samsung/syncmaster-t240-24-wide-t.html

I notice a difference in specs listed between the two. The T240 is 20000:1 while the T240 HD is 10000:1. The Acer I linked to is 40000:1 and has what I assume is a refresh rate of 2ms but really I'm not sure what this stuff means. Which is the better quality option and why?

How do you find the T240 for gaming Cushion? It's great to hear actual user input with these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Sandor wrote: »
    I have decided to take more time in making this build and putting some more money into it. I have power supply, RAM, motherboard and 750 GB HDD ordered at the moment. I think I'm going to go both with the higher processor and the gigabyte graphics card, as well as a larger moniter to make the most out of it. So my question is in relation to moniters. I was looking at a few different ones on Komplett and the two that seemed to catch my eye the most were both 24" but with a big price difference between them. As far as I can see the cheaper Acer is a far better moniter than the more expensive Samsung but I don't know what a lot of the tech specs are telling me. I've got the idea into my head that I'd like a HD display, large, and something that would be good for gaming but also might double as something to watch things on. (I don't want to say tv).
    These are the two that I spotted.

The Samsung, which I found cheaper on pixmania.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1587534/art/samsung/syncmaster-t240hd-24-wide.html#tech-specs

And the Acer off komplett.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=437377

I'm not sure what I should be looking for and I'd like to hear some thoughts or alternative recommendations.

I got this yesterday....
    It's quite the deal the way sterling is right now!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-014-AS

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sandor wrote: »
    I notice a difference in specs listed between the two. The T240 is 20000:1 while the T240 HD is 10000:1. The Acer I linked to is 40000:1 and has what I assume is a refresh rate of 2ms but really I'm not sure what this stuff means. Which is the better quality option and why?

How do you find the T240 for gaming Cushion? It's great to hear actual user input with these things.
    Once you go over 10,000 to 1 I'd say it's all twaddle and just a pissing contest. I use mine for gaming a lot and it's fantastic. No ghosting or any of that crap and everything looks pretty. :) Worst thing about it is samsung decided to use those stupid touch sensitive buttons for the power button. I hate touch sensitive buttons.

It has two usb ports on the monitor as well which is handy for plugging the keyboard and mouse into.

Forget the tuner, television is terrible. I'll be watching digital media files or DVDs pretty much. That's my mind made up Cushion, cheers! :D

Not a bother, man. Glad I can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭david p

Here's an example from Komplett for you. All the parts are quality ones, you could easily save a hundred or so by cutting a few corners: Swap the E7300 for an E5200, the corsair PSU for an AXP one, the board for a cheaper mAtx one, the hard drive for a 500gb one, and so on. But at it is, at stock speeds, this build would absolutely tear through any game at the native resolution of the monitor (which is HD resolution) and has plenty of storage space, and quality components.

I'm trying to put together my own build, but my budget's a little less, so I took your advice and cut some corners.
    I already have a screen, and the Gigabyte case is just a placeholder for a Cooler Master that's around the same price.
    The total cost got cut off at the bottom, but it's €427.46
    This is my first build, so if anyone has any feedback, it'd be greatly appreciated :)

pc.jpg?t=1239311873

• Advertisement

You'd be well off spending a few pennies more for a slightly bigger HDD IMHO - 250GB for over €40 doesn't strike me as a good deal anyway, nor is Seagate the best HDD manufacturer :(

Advertisement