Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to the Magic Hill in Sligo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Brianb8802

magnumlady wrote: »
    I was listening to i102 today and they were talking about the hill, they had some girls on air and it worked, so its not an illusion.
    They also mentioned this video on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFWsvdVH3M

Ha, thats my video:P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

so if i sat on my bike, with my feet on the pedels, would i roll up it

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

irish-stew wrote: »
    so if i sat on my bike, with my feet on the pedels, would i roll up it

:confused:

You could try it and tell us?
    Brianb8802 wrote: »

And what is your excuse for those accents? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Pfft! I hardly think that anything that they say on that radio station can be taken as truth. Purveyors of muck thats all they are. It's physically impossible for a car to roll up a hill, it defies all the laws of physics. Only conclusion I can come to is, an optical illusion.

It is a optical illusion, they have one in scotland (ayr) and in france aswell (french side of pyranese, or what ever you call the hills on the french/spain border)

But even while you know it is, its still strange when you see it!!

this is mr T, sorry wong account!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Mrs.T wrote: »
    It is a optical illusion, they have one in scotland (ayr) and in france aswell (french side of pyranese, or what ever you call the hills on the french/spain border)

But even while you know it is, its still strange when you see it!!

this is mr T, sorry wong account!!!
    There's one in the Comeraghs in Waterford too. Sure, they aren't "real" by Big_Mac's standards - but they are amusing. We'll have to have a boards outing to convert the unbelievers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Brianb8802 wrote: »

You are famous then! They played your video on the radio (well we could hear the sound!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Brianb8802

takola wrote: »
    And what is your excuse for those accents? :D

Sorry, not a Sligo native. Ya sounds bad enough alright. Pure Cork:P

magnumlady wrote: »
    You are famous then! They played your video on the radio (well we could hear the sound!):D

Coooooool :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

we went up there today and i think the hill must be broken as we didn reverse up the hill. Il be getting on to the council about fixing it in the morning.

Not even sure if we were at the right place tbh. is it up past the mill place at the start of the horseshoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Berlin_100642

There's another one up in Louth, near Omeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

i'm not sure if its the same one but on the sligo bundoran rd heading north towards bundoran , turn right opposite north west car dismantlers travel up around 2-3 miles until you see a water treatment plant on the right take this road until you come to a wooden gates and turn back up the hill and .....hey presto .....cant explain it but its weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 etiennerebecca

I am looking for the magic road in Sligo. I went to it roughly 15 years ago and it worked. I have tried to find it again a few times in the last year or so with no luck. Do you know an Eircode for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Lol it's just a visual illusion based on the surrounding ground,

Advertisement