Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto Electrician

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

nathan184 wrote: »
    Apologies for digging up an old thread but...

Are there any auto electricians that would be open on a saturday? Do ye reckon Advance Pitstop would have someone that could fix/replace an alternator?

Battery died on me yesterday. Put in a new one this morning and the battery light stays on when driving which I think means the alternator is not charging the battery. I think I'm supposed to check if the belt or the regulator in the alternator are gone. It's a Corolla by the way.

O'Sheas on the Dock road open Saturday mornings.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Des Kennedy will sort you out, and he won`t mess around.
    I had an issue, the main dealer was estimating € 350. I contacted Des, he knew the problem. He could fix it for a lot less.
    A very common issue that main dealers clean up on (my opinion)
    He even provided the entertainment when I asked him about his footballing legendary.
    I can`t recommend him highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

Des sorted me out no bother. I'll be going to him again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Des Kennedy is your man, very good and reasionablly priced

• Registered Users Posts: 43 spaced

On the recommendation of this thread I went to Des Kennedy and he did a great job fixing e/windows that wouldn't wind up.

I originally had the car at a mechanics and they said I needed new motors (cost including labour nearly €300) but I think they only suggested that because they didn't have a clue. It was obviously something electrical.
    I took it to Des and he had the fault identified and fixed in a few hours and even gave some good suggestions to prevent problems in future (for €45).

I would definitely recommend him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 psv.ie

does anyone have a phone number for des kennedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

psv.ie wrote: »

061418659 is the number I have for him, but to be honest your better off just calling up to him I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭leakyboots

psv.ie wrote: »

Banned?

Advertisement