Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoncment on RSOV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

does anyone know what Ireland might have in common with chile, slovenia and the other countries mentioned in Keiths press release???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

We all have I's?
    Bar Paraguay and Uruguay but come on, they name's are just asking for immature jokes....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

dont want to derail the thread, but there is some points to be made on couriers that ive learnt over the years, and have numerous contacts in these companies.

When an item comes through a national post office from a european countty, you receive no additional charges. For example an item sent by italian post, and delivered by an post.

When an item comes from outside the eu, and reaches an post, a certain amount of "cages" are selected for inspection. Example, 100 cages of parcels come into a distribution office, 10 cages are selected at random, destinations inspected and charges applied. The other 90 cages go through without charge.

Due to the ebay boom, an post now checks a larger number of cages, like 40%, but this emans you have a 60% chance of getting it through uncharged.

UPS are the most notorious company for couriers. Whilst dhl and an post and an post delivery, are instructed never to return with items should a customer be present, ups do.

So if you receive an item from dhl, at the door the delivery guy might say " you owe this much blah blah blah" A simple discussion can ensue where you can get your item without paying, drivers are instructed not to return with items.

however ups are instructed to collect all outstanding fees, and if you refuse, and the item has to come back to their office, oyu also have to pay another fee for them holding it.

UPS also charge their vat according to current irish prcies. We bought a set of golf clubs brand new for 300 euro, they checked with mcguirks who retial at 1300 and that was the vat we were charged, hence the legal action.

Anyway dont want to derail the topic, just wanted to shed some light.

Golden rule

When buying online, go with the national post always, regardless of time, you save money.
    Then go with tnt or dhl, or the national courier.

last resort ups

Thats what ive gone by in ten years of online retailing.

use ups in emergencies

anyway enough off topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

does anyone know what Ireland might have in common with chile, slovenia and the other countries mentioned in Keiths press release???

Exactly, this is all connected in some way. I think we managed to overcome the VCRA mix up already. This sounds like something else. A clear answer from EMS would be nice.

Oh and it's on the front page of Arnies....

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

padmundo wrote: »
    Exactly, this is all connected in some way. I think we managed to overcome the VCRA mix up already. This sounds like something else. A clear answer from EMS would be nice.

Oh and it's on the front page of Arnies....

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/

OMG RSOV have lost the plot. OK ordered a new chrono, a Meister G!7 and a blast of masks and a few batteries. Got a mail from a guy called Light saying that they had been advised by their Post Office that they would advise no longer sending guns through the post. So I said thats OK I got them befor so in this way. Light told me it was only an advisory and it would be . So I paid for my order through PayPal and was sent a tracking number. But the tracking number never showed up on HGP. Two days latter still no response. Final email threatens a PayPal dispute and I get this reply

"Sorry for my late response...I've checked with my order process team, your order has spare into two package, the first package(AEG) has sent via UPS, here is the tracking no . H******** and the entire items were rejected by post office with their new policy.....we've tried to post it twice in the same day, different time and difference branch. But with a same result.........we can send it out via TNT on tomorrow morning. So that you can sure it can arrive on time and could you send 12GBP to our paypal address as the shipping different??
    Sorry for the inconvenience we caused to you Light Hk-knd.com
    "

Now WTF didnt they send it all together by TNT besides spliting it in two. OMG:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

what shipper did you select when you made the order?

Puding wrote: »
    what shipper did you select when you made the order?

The order was placed by email and was not done on the site. He advised TNT as they had recived an advisory from Hong Kong Post that there may be problems. But now it would seem that it is not an advisory but a blanket ban. He also told me there should be no problem with the postal service as it was only an advisory and that they had not expected nor had any problems up until that point.

Right so UPS are now not my best friend. OK the shippment got to me in two days which is unbeliveable. Got a phone call from the driver about 30 min ago saying he had a package for and there was duty of 31.23 on it. So he arrived in a taxi to deliver it. Took my 31€ let me off with the .23c(god bless his little heart) and I asked him to explain the charges to me. He showed me a detailed breakdown of the charges which went like VAT 12.27€ Duty 2.62€ and other charges 13.50€. The VAT and Duty I can understand but I asked him about the "Other Charges" thats the service charge he tells me. All UPS packages have that on them. This is all taking into account that the gun had an invoice that declared it at $35USD. So with my fingers burnt I am waiting on my other package which is shipping by TNT to see how much they are going to assault me for. Will never use UPS again (eventhough this time was not my choice):mad:

and was the declared value correct ? i say its karma what goes around comes around :) ( if you can;t work this out its ment to be a joke.........well maybe a joke :) ) we try and get something over on customs and the delivery company gets one over on use .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

and was the declared value correct ? i say its karma what goes around comes around :) ( if you can;t work this out its ment to be a joke.........well maybe a joke :) ) we try and get something over on customs and the delivery company gets one over on use .

Also taxes are charged at the value including shipping.

• Advertisement

I have no problem paying the VAT or Duty this I was expecting. Its the "Other Charges" I have an issue with. I paid my shipping cost to RSOV but yet UPS come along and slap me with a further 13.50. BAHHHH.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Also taxes are charged at the value including shipping.

Again, I have no problem paying the VAT or Duty this I was expecting. Its the "Other Charges" I have an issue with. I paid my shipping cost to RSOV but yet UPS come along and slap me with a further 13.50. BAHHHH.

my comments where not directed at your but the hole ups charges issue, which as i;ve said in other posts im against, and karma in general more a fun comment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

its classic...the cost of shipping is this...and the cost of delivery is extra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

MaxForce wrote: »
    I have no problem paying the VAT or Duty this I was expecting. Its the "Other Charges" I have an issue with. I paid my shipping cost to RSOV but yet UPS come along and slap me with a further 13.50. BAHHHH.

If I remember correctly the infamous UPS "Other Charges" are what they charge you for the privilege of having them prepay the VAT and duty for you. I ended up paying the guts of €100 for a $30 springer revolver from the states. I can see the entire country start suffering EMS withdrawal symptoms soon :D

my comments where not directed at your but the hole ups charges issue, which as i;ve said in other posts im against, and karma in general more a fun comment

Yeah man I know. It just annoys me is all.

Yeah man I know. It just annoys me is all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

we're just not dealing with rsov anymore till they can sort out this fiasco.
    got a quote for £2xx for a mediocre shippment , not even a lash of stuff , ive gotten more from the uk for £33 ( 2 consignments)

My second package was coming by TNT. It is now in Ireland and held by customs. It contains face masks, a chrono and a couple of batteries. No guns or anything. What does held by customs mean? Would I want to be kicking up a storm about now to make sure I have the package for Saturday.

What does held by customs mean? [/quote)

normaly means there holding it to apply customs charges, if it went into there system on friday they more than likely have done nothing to it since then as they rarely seem to work on the weekends, i wouldn't worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Yea, held by customs is usually for charges, happened to me the week before last, but at the time they were 2-3 days behind on charging packages, so i'd say give it until wednesday and if it hasn't left customs by then give them a ring.

I rang TNT on Monday to ask if there were any charges pending on my parcel. Guys it hadnt even been opened when I got it today, and guess what no charges. As unliked as they maybe and I will probably regret this in the months to come +1 to TNT -1 EMS -1 UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Viva le TNT!

Advertisement