Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoncment on RSOV

Options
  • 16-04-2008 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

RSOV 16th April 2008

Just spotted this on RSOV. Will mean either we wait 6-8 weeks for our guns or ship through courier service which will mean certin customs charges and maybe more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MaxForce wrote: »
    RSOV 16th April 2008

Just spotted this on RSOV. Will mean either we wait 6-8 weeks for our guns or ship through courier service which will mean certin customs charges and maybe more.

Damn you EMS.

Beast reccomends TNT very strongly, we might be wise to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Just seen the other post with regards WGC. Apologisies. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

From my experience with TNT id stay away from them. ive had 2 parcels(not airsoft) and both times theyve managed to piss me about. Once with lies of attempting to deliver, which i know they didnt and the other was them misplacing my package for 2 weeks after it got in to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Do we think that this is still some sort of confusion as to whether we are part of the U.K.? or not. Wonder if Dr Pepper had any reply from the list od site..

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Unforunatly on the RSOV website it says that it is under the request of the destination country but in another line it uses the term "Imitation Firearms". I dont understand why it would be OK to send them by TNT or UPS but not by EMS. Also the UK is not listed in the list of countries effected.

• Advertisement

MaxForce wrote: »
    Unforunatly on the RSOV website it says that it is under the request of the destination country but in another line it uses the term "Imitation Firearms". I dont understand why it would be OK to send them by TNT or UPS but by EMS.

!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!...speechless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Well this is grim :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Well this is grim :(

isnt it just....

it still doesnt make sense, as Lemming pointed out in a thread on this...you cant air freight it but you can send it via ship. so anpost wont accept air but will by sea?? thats a bit oirish for me, we wont accept them, except when we do accept them... :confused:

does anyone know anyone in An Post that we could ask to see if they requested it?? i am sure they maybe a bit peeved to find a money is been rerouted to couriers..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Well the plus side is more business for the Irish retailers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i think i will shed some light onto this

my father is a top union official withan post, hes worked there for over 25 years.

I will query him regarding this issue and see what he can get back with me, if there was any new legislation brought about by an post, he will know. ill be back in touch within the next while, going to talk to pops :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Cheers Doc, I'd imagine it's EMS messing things up though, rather than AnPost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I wonder why they want to reduce their business, it's a very strange situation :confused:

well had a chat with my dad, he says he knows nothing of it, unless its a very high administration decision that wants to be kept under wraps, it doesnt exist, or he would know.

He advised the iaa or whatever they are called, to ring the Special Delivery Service, SDS, they are the people responsible for an post parcel delivery, they can give a difinitive answer on request.

but as far as an post are concerned, if they get an airsoft package it gets delivered, dad also said an post would not have the power to just "stop" delivering parcels without it being run past government, and a ban like this would require legislation and approval.

an post is state owned and therefore government run, it would be their call.

so from my taking and my fathers ( who was kind enough to read through some threads here regarding ems)

the problem lies abroad, not in ireland

hope that gives some clarity

http://www.rsov.com/product/0/1693/p_Important-notice-to-customers-in-Argentina-Brazil-Chile-Irela.html

This was the statement posted by RSOV.

Seems to indicate that the instruction has come to them from Hong Kong Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Big loss in sales for RSOV, unless they can come up with a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

not really just get it shipped via another method for example and order containing an aeg i wanted to make prices go as follows....

UPS Express (3-6 days)
    Shipping to IE : 10.3 kg €73.87

TNT Express (3-6 days)
    Shipping to IE : 10.3 kg €77.62

Post Office Global Express - EMS (4-7 days)
    Shipping to IE : 10.3 kg €92.65

Post Office Airmail Parcel Post (7-14 days)
    Shipping to IE : 10.3 kg €66.36

I thought EMS are not shipping to Ireland either?
    All those postage options are very expensive

I thought EMS are not shipping to Ireland either?

ok, hong kong post have restricted shipping of replica firearms thought there ems and airmail services

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Remember to include a €10 handling charge on anything from UPS. And they VAT that too.

your also forgetting the hefty charges you always get at the door

i stopped dealing with ups after they shafted me and my father on numerous occasions resulting in a tiresome legal battle over fees which we won.

its my personal policy not to deal with couriers...only national posts...you dont get ****ed with additional fees.

• Advertisement

Remember to include a €10 handling charge on anything from UPS. And they VAT that too.

never normally use ups myself, fedex or tnt are my shipper of choose after ems and all have there lovely 'charges' but ups are by far the worst i would say

i stopped dealing with ups after they shafted me and my father on numerous occasions resulting in a tiresome legal battle over fees which we won.

well well An Post is not exactly perfect its swings and round abouts

o1s1n wrote: »
    UPS are very expensive overall. I bought stuff from the states before, shipped with UPS. They charge you import duty every time, so add about 30% to your order cost. Never using UPS again.

UPS are very expensive overall. I bought stuff from the states before, shipped with UPS. They charge you import duty every time, so add about 30% to your order cost. Never using UPS again.

i never get this people complain when they get customs charges THIS IS WHAT IS MENT TO HAPPEN ! just work it out before hand and factor it into your cost from the start, i can understand the 'administration fee' shoveled on by company pissing people off, but when people complain about customs it kinda gets to me.

Puding wrote: »
    i never get this people complain when they get customs charges THIS IS WHAT IS MENT TO HAPPEN ! just work it out before hand and factor it into your cost from the start, i can understand the 'administration fee' shoveled on by company pissing people off, but when people complain about customs it kinda gets to me.
    Do you work for UPS, are you a tax collector?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

No but he does have a point. You can't give out for a company doing what they're meant to do.

It's the extra handling charges they have that piss me off. Over all it always ends up seeming a lot more expensive than it should be.

o1s1n wrote: »
    No but he does have a point. You can't give out for a company doing what they're meant to do.

It's the extra handling charges they have that piss me off. Over all it always ends up seeming a lot more expensive than it should be.

Fair enough. The handling charges are a pain since you already paid for postage, which is the handling of the packages!

yes wow that original, all i said was people not to stop complain about something that is ment to happen, do i like customs duty ?? no not really but its there and its something i know and plan to pay, if your buying from abroad and not paying this fees is important to you then you really need to rethink why your buying from abroad.

Fair enough. The handling charges are a pain since you already paid for postage, which is the handling of the packages!

as i posted before can not agree with that more that why i stay clear of usp myself, the thing that gets me more is when company's pay the customs for you without you knowing and then you get a invoice for the cost about 6 weeks later but thats another thread altogether :)

• Advertisement

Only 2 things in life that are a definate....taxes, and Death! ;)

Advertisement