Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you play now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

RoundTower wrote: »
    exact same to all of this

although I do think cake's software is pretty bad too

I quite like the software, but my requirements would be quite different to most peoples' on here. I find it's easy on the eye, it plays quite quickly, and they haven't tried any funky experimental table layouts like betfair for example. The lobby is also easy to navigate and it refreshes itself very quickly. That used to do my head in on ipoker. I've yet to have any lag or disconnection problems there over about 15k hands. I used to get booted out about every 15 hands on ipoker, so that's pretty refreshing.

All that said, I'd rarely if ever play more than 3 tables at a time, so I probably haven't really tested it to its full capacity. Also I'm sure the fact that you can't resize tables bothers alot of people, but it doesn't really affect me.

I have read a few threads about their awful support which is a worry. That's why I stopped playing on full tilt; I was locked out of my account which had lots of $ in it at the time (feels like a long time ago now!) for a week with no word and no response to any of my emails. By the sounds of things cake's support is pretty awful also, which makes me worry a bit about how rigorously they monitor for collusion in the PLO games, which is a big worry with the fact that you can change your username once a week. Ie, it makes it impossible for the players to monitor the games themselves.

All that said, the PLO games are softer than hot butter on there at the moment, so if there are people colluding they're not doing it very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

is there any other sites besides party that support accounts in yoyos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Some Ipoker sites

Noble, PPP, VC etc...

Think crypto have $,£ and €

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Pretty sure Microgaming, Boss, B2B and Ongame all support euro accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭coillcam

Does Cake or Stars accept Laser yet?
    Hardly.

Im still on gjp but getting tired of the lagging problems and the huge mtt fields.

Moneybookers lets you use your laser card to deposit on stars directly, got to withdraw to your bank a/c though ---> moneybookers ----> Stars or get a cheque from stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Daithio wrote: »
    All that said, the PLO games are softer than hot butter on there at the moment, so if there are people colluding they're not doing it very well!

The network appears to be quite small, how busy is Omaha there and to what stakes?

luckylucky wrote: »
    The network appears to be quite small, how busy is Omaha there and to what stakes?

It's not massively busy, but during peak U.S. times you'll normally get a couple of tables each at .50/1 through to 2/4. Then maybe a couple of shorthanded games going up to 10/20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm at iPoker at the moment but the regular connection problems due to the softwares shocking handling of intermitent packet loss is really getting to me now. I think I'll just stay there until college exams are over in May and then re-evaluate where to play for the Summer.

Cake looks to be getting good reviews at the moment and I don't actually mind the inability to use third party software there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Yeah I feel the same. The IPOKER software is absolutely rubbish, I could not deal with playing for extended periods on it. I felt bad at the time as Id rather give my rake to mike than anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Yeah I feel the same. The IPOKER software is absolutely rubbish, I could not deal with playing for extended periods on it. I felt bad at the time as Id rather give my rake to mike than anyone else.

LOL It wasn't just the software!!

When you said you were going to play 100k games in a month I wanted to stake all my life monies against it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

Daithio wrote: »

I have read a few threads about their awful support which is a worry. That's why I stopped playing on full tilt; I was locked out of my account which had lots of $ in it at the time (feels like a long time ago now!) for a week with no word and no response to any of my emails. By the sounds of things cake's support is pretty awful also, which makes me worry a bit about how rigorously they monitor for collusion in the PLO games, which is a big worry with the fact that you can change your username once a week. Ie, it makes it impossible for the players to monitor the games themselves.

I have contacted cake support several times about this and that and have always got a reply within 2 hours, don't know were you are getting this information from but I certainly don't have any problems with them

p.s some of the bad beats on cake are pretty sick, i've never seen the likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mikel Jr.

bet 365

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Does the softness of the party games make up for the rake rapeage at small stakes and no rb though?

It does for me at the moment - I don't play a huge volume and wouldn't make that much in rakeback/bonuses anyways. If I get a chance to play more often I'll prob move for RB alright.

I also really like their software, I'v never had any problems with it. I play NLH cash there, and everything else on stars for liquidity. I used to play on ipoker but found the software and constant disconnects really frustrating, and their attitude to disconnects ("it's you, not us") annoying.

I felt bad at the time as Id rather give my rake to mike than anyone else.

Me too. I will go back if they improve it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

blah blah blah wasnt me!!!!!!! sorry

Advertisement